Facebreaker - Gen. Discussion & Info - Demo Now on XBLM

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Electronic Arts has announced a new boxing title from EA Canada, one of the teams behind Fight Night Round 3. Entitled FaceBreaker, the game ditches the hyper-realistic pugilism, opting instead for cartoon graphics in the vein of older arcade boxers like Ready 2 Rumble and Punch-Out. The game derives its name from the ability for players to actually break the faces of their avatars using "real-time facial deformation." And it won't just be the faces of the game's pre-made characters like Molotov, "the oversized Russian demolitions expert with a penchant for fighting dirty" either. Players will also be able to slap their own face onto a boxer using a photograph, the Vision Camera, and EA's Game Face technology. More info regarding the game will be available in the next issue of EGM.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/01/31/ea-unveils-new-arcade-boxer-facebreaker/
High Res Image taken from Gamersyde.com

I know this is sorta old, but this came up while CAG was down...I think the game looks and sounds like fun. Finaly another title utilizes the Vision Cam as it should be!

I hope the Vision Camera and their technology makes the faces look good in the cartoony style.

Especially since I finally have the camera, thanks to TRU.

I like cartoony shit. I might get this if it's any good, while I would probably never get any fight night game.

[quote name='SpazX']I like cartoony shit. I might get this if it's any good, while I would probably never get any fight night game.[/quote]
+1, loved the Punch Outs and really enjoyed Ready 2 Rumble...I love the exaggerations.

EA shuts down EA Chicago and gives us a bootleg Ready 2 Rumble..? :|

[quote name='PyroGamer']Looks pretty stupid, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

What's up with EA and their recent rush of cartoony style games (new Battlefield)

What the fuck happened to a new Ready to Rumble, anyway? Did they just abandon it? The wiki page on R2RR3 is pretty slim and gives no release date.

I have zero problem with this game as long as it turns out decent, but I do want to see a Fight Night 4 as well.

[quote name='Sporadic']Agreed.

What's up with EA and their recent rush of cartoony style games (new Battlefield)[/quote]
People love the Team Fortress 2 cartoony graphics, so of course EA is going to release games with a cartoony visual style. ;)

2k, the leader in sports simulation is coming out with Prizefighter, which should dominate the competition.

In the new EGM it says Peter Moore(Pres of EA Sports) decided to take away sim and go arcade. Thus no fight night. Also says real time face deformation thats why the guy is missing his eye in that pic. fucking stupid. fucking lame.

[quote name='seen']2k, the leader in sports simulation is coming out with Prizefighter, which should dominate the competition.[/quote]
PrizeFighter is a joke won't even touch FNR3 PS3 version.

I think it looks pretty good, and the vision cam thing sounds pretty fun. Saw a demo of it on E3, and there will be a demo.

Can't wait to try it out.

[quote name='turgore2008']Rainbow Six vegas did that ...[/quote]

That didn't work very well. I had multiple people try their faces, and all of them turned out very similar (and not close to what they really looked like).

Huh. I thought this was going to be like Fight Night but with a exaggerated tone.

There wasn't as much face breaking as I thought there was going to be, unless I am playing it wrong. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny.

The fighting system seems shallow. There are only high punch, low punch, and special attack buttons.

What does everyone else think?

It's alright. Razzuel, there's more to that special attack/breaker button. Combo it in when your meter is at a high range and you pretty do break a face. Still, you are right, the fighting system does feel shallow. Not much to it, but I guess that's what they were trying to accomplish when they said they looked to Mike Tyson's Punch-Out as a model. Heh. Still, I wish it were a bit more complex. =p

Yeah, I had a friend come over and we played versus. We each broke both of our faces at least once :D, but I was hoping that they would of used the face deformation stuff a bit more. I was hoping for the—how do I explain this—slow motion face punches in fight night but with the ridiculousness in face deformation that FaceBreaker touts.

After a while the fights got kind of boring because attacks don't really change. It's too bad this game doesn't combine solid gameplay for casuals and the complexity/depth that I was looking for.

"Alright"? "Alright"?

This game's a piece of shit. High punch, low punch, an occasional throw, special attack.. it's a 3D fighter in a small arena, there's not much boxing to it. I hate it.

I cant believe no one has made a Cheapyd boxer yet! I was bored tonite so I did! http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/facebreaker/boxerview/bid/90194
Check him out its kinda rough I didnt go into full detail like mouth, nose, etc but I did do CAG colors (tried). My only complaint about the boxer maker thing is that it takes AGES to create somone I literally took the garbage out, took a shower and had a bowl of cereal before this thing was done. Either way I hope you guys get a laugh out of this and even more I hope Cheapy sees this!

Wow, I hated this. The created boxer's face looked nothing like mine (despite me doing both front and side maps) and the gameplay was ridiculous.

What did you do to Kardashians body? She has no boobs/ass.

Putting Peter Moore in the game is kind of funny.

Gameplay feels like Toshinden for PS1....

I added Bastian Booger into my game. While the generation takes a considerable amount of time, I think the Photo Face option has potential to be a neat feature for other games. However, the Advanced Sliders were very unorganized and their function was not very useful. The gameplay is pretty bad. It's a button masher, and a poor one at that. I had my brother ask me if I was playing an XBLA game. I had zero interest in the game before playing the demo. After playing the demo, I have less interest in the title than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are going to hate me for this.

I liked it.

Yeah, depth it does not have. But I just can see this being fun as a multiplayer game and just that. I just added it to my GameFly queue, so we'll see what's up with the full retail version.

[quote name='Regian']People are going to hate me for this.

I liked it.

Yeah, depth it does not have. But I just can see this being fun as a multiplayer game and just that. I just added it to my GameFly queue, so we'll see what's up with the full retail version.[/QUOTE]

Its cool that you like it. Now we all know you like shitty things. Hahaha :D

[quote name='nickmad']Its cool that you like it. Now we all know you like shitty things. Hahaha :D[/quote]

Now that is not true, sir. Not true at a--OH SHIT MY COPY OF ALONE IN THE DARK CAME IN.

Er, I mean... :roll:

[quote name='Regian']Now that is not true, sir. Not true at a--OH SHIT MY COPY OF ALONE IN THE DARK CAME IN.

Er, I mean... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Haha. No foul there. I was duped into getting a copy too...

I was hoping for a new lease on the "Ready 2 Rumble" franchise, or at least a animated over the top "Fight Night" iteration.

And all I got was a piece of flaming crap.

Honestly, this game downright stinks.

Could be ok once the controls are ironed out, find it very hard to intenionally parry or dodge, seems to be very random (just me?). The FaceBreakers are quite funny, though i'm sure will get very old and tired after the 3rd time of doing them. Think its one of those games that the 'community' will make work...

And i give it 5 minutes before we see a penis-face man.

After playing the full retail game and giving it a chance, I like it a lot. I'll pick it up when it goes cheap, definitely.

I somewhat enjoyed the demo. I would not pay full price for this game.. even if/when it hits $20, I'm going to need an additional coupon for it.

$15ish and below, I will get this game. The vision cam sucked for both of us..:wall:

FaceBreaker....

This game pisses me off to the edge of the earth, the CPU knows the fucken exact move or parry your trying to pull off. Then all of a sudden they go on a frenzy and whoop your ass like rodney king. Who ever made this game is an a$$hole, yea you EA

[quote name='Snake2715']really, I wanted to try this one as well. I Love boxing.[/quote]

Here is a great example of why this game pisses me off so much

This game has a 3 knockout rule (get knocked out three times, then you lose)

Well I am kicking the CPU ass, I knock him out twice, and he knocked me out zero times....all of a sudden in the very last round CPU goes on a frenzy (8 seconds tops) and gets a FaceBreaker (1-hit Knockout, you lost automatically) and BAM I lost.....happens every time

Did you read the reviews or play the demo? I knew the game would be garbage after a few fights on the demo, and it got a 3 or 3.5/10 from Gamespot.

Ready 2 Rumble was great. Facebreaker is terrible.

[quote name='Matt Young']Did you read the reviews or play the demo? I knew the game would be garbage after a few fights on the demo, and it got a 3 or 3.5/10 from Gamespot.

Ready 2 Rumble was great. Facebreaker is terrible.[/quote]

I just rented it, I went in blind without reviews.....R2Rumble is Great :)

bread's done
Back