FACT = Only Losers Camp in front of Stores on Black Friday.

right now im playing Black Ops on my 13 inch JVC television. i thought it would be a good time to upgrade it cause i can barely see stuff from my couch with it.

should i go to Walmart to get the $198 Emerson 32 inch TV from walmart? what if i buy it tomorrow and return it on BF and rebuy it? does that work?

help a horse with a tiny tv

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']right now im playing Black Ops on my 13 inch JVC television. i thought it would be a good time to upgrade it cause i can barely see stuff from my couch with it.

should i go to Walmart to get the $198 Emerson 32 inch TV from walmart? what if i buy it tomorrow and return it on BF and rebuy it? does that work?

help a horse with a tiny tv[/QUOTE]

you can go there, but only if you want to be shameful.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']right now im playing Black Ops on my 13 inch JVC television. i thought it would be a good time to upgrade it cause i can barely see stuff from my couch with it.

help a horse with a tiny tv[/QUOTE]
You could but it'll be shameful.

To each their own I say. I've personally only camped out at a store to make money. My bro and I did it when the 360 launched and my friends and I did it when the PS3 launched. Other than that, I don't need something bad enough to camp out. I'm fine waiting the 6 months for the item to go on clearance.

Glad to see your uneducated opinion means so much. Next time use some proper punctuation, capitalization and spellcheck, then I might read it.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']You could but it'll be shameful.[/QUOTE]

Save this thread by posting more pictures of the girl in your avatar. Amirite, or amirite? :bouncy:

[quote name='Anexanhume']Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit![/QUOTE]
:rofl: Thank you for that.

[quote name='sdclippers']So OP i'm guessing you started camping out a little to late and got beat to a deal.[/QUOTE]
It might be too shameful for him.

[quote name='vrblknch']Time is more valuable than material goods.

The economy is in the tank and the sales aren't anything too special[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. So many of those people completely fail to understand the time value of money. "Wow, I saved a couple hundred bucks on this! I only had to stand in line for half a day to do it!"

And the deals suck too. I could count on one hand the number of deals at any of the stores from last year that I would have jumped on if I could just show up whenever and be in and out the door with them.

[quote name='daphatty']You need to change the thread title to FACT = Only Losers Camp Out at Walmart on Black Friday. Hell, Only Losers Shop at Walmart works too.[/QUOTE]
See below for why I NEVER shop at WM(unless I want a particular LE/SE/CE version of a game and I 'omg don't have it pre-ordered at GS so I'll never find it').;)
[quote name='basilofbkrst']Don't hate on Walmart.[/QUOTE]
Oh cmon. It's fun to rip on MSRPMart, where their idea of 'clearance' is $.40 off of the normal retail price and OMGUsedGamesSoldAsNewStop(aka Gamestop). It's the fashionable thing this year(and every year for me:booty:).

I may trade games there(GS), but I still hate their fuckin' shitty policies n how they lie to idiot consumers and the morons believe them.:roll:

[quote name='gargus']Yes, its called off topic and not "Im a pretentious asshole with nothing to do so Ill call things shameful for no aparent reason and just make pointless threads just for the sole purpose of me typing the word fact (all in caps) so I can pretend to sound important or worth while".

Here is the only "fact" you need right now.

metax.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Damn. How'd they get my picture to make that cartoon above with? And :rofl: @ 'shitcock' on the cartoon. I think that's gonna be my new catchphrase.:razz:

The op just isn't serious about getting his deals, and that's okay. I have waited only to flip the good purchases to guys who got there at 5am. Last year I made 2,000 dollars between friends. So, thanks op. Please continue to get there too late.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']every time ive gone to Walmart on black friday ive gone at 5AM and there ALREADY is a damn long line there. its so dumb, u go so early at 5 and people have lined up ALL night???? its so Shameful. i would never line up like that like a homeless person waiting to BUY stuff from a store. its not like these stores are giving away anything for FREE, yet these losers line up all night. its also funny that the stuff these stores like Walmart list electronics that are LOW in stock, that have like 4-5 left available. however, theres like FIFTY people in line to buy them. thus its a total waste of time and you end up looking like a homeless begger loser. its unbelievably shameful[/QUOTE]

Considering someone that has planned ahead and has a shopping list could save hundreds, even thousands, I'd say waiting in line a little bit earlier than YOU is worth it. Or, they can go back to work an extra 80 hours and buy their shopping list at full price after xmas.

Man, it's such a tough decision; stand in cold weather, work 80 extra hours. I'll have to sleep on this one.

Also, am I really the only one that finds it funny that the OP admits he gets up at 5am to stand in the same line as those losers?
Sounds like someone is mad that the losers are forming a huge line in front of him!
What'd you expect? You show up when the doors are about to open, and expect to be one of the first? :DD
Wouldn't you be the loser that doesnt get what they wanted? If there's only 5 or so in stock, and you're way back in the line...my math says you miss out, and they don't. So it's like you showed up and got nothing from it, just like a bum would!

BTW, I will never, and have never participated in Black Friday.
Unless of course they do a deal on a Canon 60D camera, then I would gladly freeze my massive hairy balls off.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Hell yes. So many of those people completely fail to understand the time value of money. "Wow, I saved a couple hundred bucks on this! I only had to stand in line for half a day to do it!"

And the deals suck too. I could count on one hand the number of deals at any of the stores from last year that I would have jumped on if I could just show up whenever and be in and out the door with them.[/QUOTE]

Although I agree that the deals tend to suck, I have a hard time understanding the logic behind someones free-time being more valuable than saving a couple hundred.

How on Earth is sitting at home playing videogames for half a day more valuable than saving a couple hundred by waiting in line? Assuming these people aren't missing work, which obviously they wouldnt be. They'd be off, or taking sick days.

lol Like what Tony said. You hate people who stand there on Black Friday. Then what the hell were you doing there at 5AM? LOL it's so pointless to make this thread. You were there and the only thing you wanted was that everyone in front of you on the line disappear. Why go at 5 AM then? The only explanation you can give yourself is that you went there to wait until the store opened as well. gg

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']Hey HORSEBORSE, is it shameful to stand in line on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Could be but it sure is shameful to repeat the same exact thing four times in a four page thread....

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']every time ive gone to Walmart on black friday ive gone at 5AM and there ALREADY is a damn long line there. its so dumb, u go so early at 5 and people have lined up ALL night???? its so Shameful. i would never line up like that like a homeless person waiting to BUY stuff from a store. its not like these stores are giving away anything for FREE, yet these losers line up all night. its also funny that the stuff these stores like Walmart list electronics that are LOW in stock, that have like 4-5 left available. however, theres like FIFTY people in line to buy them. thus its a total waste of time and you end up looking like a homeless begger loser. its unbelievably shameful[/QUOTE]

Going at 5AM on Black Friday is like being last in line at a gangbang. You may find something you want, but you are getting what is left behind.

Anywho...

kido.gif
(Thanks to PurpleFlames)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA06Z5e1ZFc

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I have with BF and CM is the deals are beneath any self respecting CAG. We are CAG for christ sake if you cant find a way to get 20 bucks of a new game or 50-80 bucks off a system then you dont deserve to be here.

I am not going to stand in line at 5am with a thousand other people to get Black Ops for 40 (sometimes 30 for new games) when I bought it day of release for 17.

Although I couldn't follow the OP's English, I do agree with the title. Most of the time you can get what you want by ordering online at 12 am. If not, then I wouldn't camp out. I mean from 5 pm - 5 am, that is 12 hours you could have worked. Assuming you get paid $15 an hour, that is $180 you could have made and put towards what you wanted to buy, without the risk of not receiving the item, getting pneumonia, or trampled.

[quote name='depascal22']Could be but it sure is shameful to repeat the same exact thing four times in a four page thread....[/QUOTE]
It's because he hasn't answered the question yet.

[quote name='McNutsack']Although I agree that the deals tend to suck, I have a hard time understanding the logic behind someones free-time being more valuable than saving a couple hundred.

How on Earth is sitting at home playing videogames for half a day more valuable than saving a couple hundred by waiting in line? Assuming these people aren't missing work, which obviously they wouldnt be. They'd be off, or taking sick days.[/QUOTE]

this is exactly what the stores want you to think. "oh there's nothing else going on all night, why don't I sit in line to buy things!"

seriously, look up opportunity cost, the time value of money, etc.

your time really has no value to you as long as you aren't missing work? that's a problem.

It depends on the level of savings you'll be getting. Lining up to get 10 dollars off a game is sad, but if you're going to be saving a few hundred plus then it's slightly understanable

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']your time really has no value to you as long as you aren't missing work? that's a problem.[/QUOTE]
If it's something you WANT and you're taking your time of your own accord and you don't think it's wasting it, then it shouldn't be an issue.

I've only done this crap 3 times in my life and all of them were cold/rainy or otherwise miserable. Then I discovered that many of these stores have their sales on their websites too, so I can just keep hitting F5 till the items come down to the sale price, hit submit order and I'm done and can go back to sleep.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it's something you WANT and you're taking your time of your own accord and you don't think it's wasting it, then it shouldn't be an issue.

I've only done this crap 3 times in my life and all of them were cold/rainy or otherwise miserable. Then I discovered that many of these stores have their sales on their websites to, so I can just keep hitting F5 till the items come down to the sale price, hit submit order and I'm done and can go back to sleep.;)[/QUOTE]

What i do exactly. Though i find it hard to sleep knowing some poor soul is getting trampled over $50 bucks off a piece of shit tv.

Comming from the jerk-off that gets online to complain about them.

Just because some of you dont feel a deal is worth getting out in the "cold" for doesnt mean its not a deal for anyone else.

Thats like me getting on here calling everyone that wont go sit out in the cold a pussy because they cant handle it.

Of course I dont really feel that way about everyone. Just saying.

bread's done
Back