Fact or Fiction? Are there disc games that full install?

Romis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Are there some disc based games that allow you to full install and play from the HD w/out the disc? if yes, is there a list (I keep getting search results flooded w/ PC references) anyone the real story (or rumor) thx

I don't have a PS3 but I don't see why any game would allow that seeing the whole obvious rent/borrow and keep = piracy thing.

As far as I know, the only games that do full installs still require the disc to be in the machine to play. This is obviously for copy protection purposes. It would be nice if I didn't have to put the physical disc in for a game I owned, but it will never happen without Sony going to some type of DRM that would be a pain in the butt.

Total fiction, but there are fully downloadable games that also have retail versions. SOCOM, NFL Head Coach 09, Burnout Paradise...maybe others.

[quote name='Thomas96']wasn't ninja gaiden sigma one of the games that did a full install.[/QUOTE]Never did. You can do an optional install, but you still need the disc (its install was like 2-4GB, if I'm not mistaken).

I just wanted to ask here, since we seem to have a very knowledgeable membership. My friend and I were discussing some pros/cons of pc games, and PS3, the topic came up and I said no and he said yes, so I decided to seek answers... I figured it was a big "no" however I could see it as an option to help load times, but you'd have to have th disk in to work as a Key for the game to play.. Thanks to all that replied.. as usuall the knowledge here is abundant..

bread's done
Back