Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Director's Cut (PC) price drop to $9.99 @ Direct2Drive

NeoGutsman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
This price drop of $19.95 to $9.95 actually applies to both versions. I was always curious about the Director's Cut since I thought that was the original version anyway, while the "Indigo Prophecy" was a slightly tempered version for North America. IIRC, the changes weren't that game-altering, but at this price you may as well just get the DC (which I did :D).

Edit: Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for the game (BEWARE: THE PAGE HAS MANY SPOILERS FOR THE GAME): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(video_game). Near the bottom it mentions the North American changes to the game.

725.jpg

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Directors Cut (Rated AO)

Eligibility: 18 years and older

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Director's Cut Download Features

• Includes all original content from director David Cage –including scenes removed for ratings purposes
  • Control the plot of a Hollywood thriller –players to control branching storylines through every action and decision. No two story paths are identical; replay the game through alternate decision scenarios for a different outcome.
  • Play as one of four characters: lead character Lucas Kane, Detective Carla Valenti, Detective Tyler Miles and Lucas' brother Marcus Kane.
  • Manage the mental health of each main character through 44 bone-chilling acts by choosing the correct course of action and maintaining their psychological balance.

684.jpg

Indigo Prophecy (Rated M)

Eligibility: 17 years and older

Indigo Prophecy Download Features

• Control the plot of a Hollywood thriller –players to control branching storylines through every action and decision. No two story paths are identical; replay the game through alternate decision scenarios for a different outcome.
  • Play as one of four characters: lead character Lucas Kane, Detective Carla Valenti, Detective Tyler Miles and Luca’s brother Marcus Kane.
  • Manage the mental health of each main character through 44 bone-chilling acts by choosing the correct course of action and maintaining their psychological balance.

Is there any way to tell if this is a permanent price drop or just a sale price? I'm assuming sale since it shows the original price with a slash through it instead of just the $9.99, but I'd like to know for sure. I've never played Indigo Prophecy and if I do I'd like to play the uncensored version so this would be a good buy. But I'd like to know how long I have to do so.

I played both version and I love this game way more than I should probably..... This version has sex scenes and a nude dance scene extra, that's all I can remember being different. I have the legit normal version on the Xbox but a "free" directors cut for the PC since it wasn't released here. Had no idea it was out in any legit form here so I'm buying it again. :p

I picked up the original version from Steam for like $3.50ish I believe on a sale. I loved everything about the game, except for the long QTEs that became almost impossible later on in the game.

[quote name='youngavatar']great game but i still didn't like the ending. i will just wait until this game got a better sale on steam.[/QUOTE]

Indigo is 9.99 on steam as well but they dont have the director's cut.

This is the version to get. Steam's is censored and I don't believe there's any way to uncensor it, so if you want the developer's original intention, Director's Cut all the way. Glad it's finally more affordable.

[quote name='eastx']This is the version to get. Steam's is censored and I don't believe there's any way to uncensor it, so if you want the developer's original intention, Director's Cut all the way. Glad it's finally more affordable.[/QUOTE]
It seems like Its only a bit of nudity thats missing in the censored version. Not a huge deal to me. However, it looks like this is one of the few games that Steam does not keep up to date patch wise and that is a great concern.

Either way it looks like this is a price drop not a special on either service so no rush for me to buy it. I never got to play this and have a renewed interest after Heavy Rain

I got about 2/3rds of the way through it on the Xbox and then gave up due to the difficulty in some of the QTE's later in the game.

I'll keep an eye on this coming out on Steam later though.

bread's done
Back