Fake Mcdonalds Boardwalk million dollar ticket on Ebay

shady859

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
for the new McDonalds Monopoly promotion you collect Boardwalk and Park Place you win $1,000,000. There is only one piece actually made usually. Some dude cut the boardwalk piece out of the gameboard and has it on Ebay $1125 is the bid now with 7 hours left. :roll: :shock:

Look at the blue bars and the lack of the prize on the Boardwalk piece. This guy is better than the people who sold Xbox and PS2 "boxes" and tricked people into thinking they were getting systems at launch. :evil: Someone is gonna hunt this guy down! :twisted:

link to fake ticket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-McDonalds-Monopoly-Game-BOARDWALK-and-Best-Buy-3_W0QQitemZ7187968766QQcategoryZ13592QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

link to it's real matching ticket needed to win a million bucks ($1 wins it):

http://cgi.ebay.com/McDONALDS-MONOPOLY-PIECE-PARK-PLACE-Win-1-000-000_W0QQitemZ7188067633QQcategoryZ13592QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I actually found this and reported it a little bit ago, surprised noone else thought about doing this yet.

well technically he doesnt say its for the boardwalk gamepiece he just says boardwalk and 3 best buy bucks since he leaves it so open for interpretation he can't really get in trouble but anyone bidding on this thinking it is is just a moron

I am not usually into reporting jackasses on eBay but I think in this case it should be done. It's obvious it's not the actual game piece and to the sellers credit they don't claim it is the game piece, but it's very misleading. Whoever is bidding on that is D-U-M-B.

why would someone sell a piece worth a million on ebay for 3,000 anyways? anyone thinking a seller would do that out of the kindness of their heart is just a plain idiot and deserves to get ripped of on this.

Actually at the title of the auction it says "2005 McDonalds Monopoly Game BOARDWALK" So technically this is fraud and he could do jail time if found. SWEET!

I'm sad I reported this now! I reported it when it was $900 now it's $20,100................

I REALLY hope the auction goes through and doesn't get cancelled. Someone will take his ass to court BIG TIME over that much money if they dont just come and hunt him down theirselves.

The only bad thing is you already know that the winner of this auction is going to be some single mother of 3 who is drawing welfare and used her life savings plus borrowed from everyone shes knows to pay for the ticket.

I sent him 2 questions. "Is the actual game piece?"

and "I can't believe there's this many retarded people in the world."

Someone should make a webpage and post all the emails of the retarded people who bid on this so everyone can laugh at them and maybe shame them into killing themselves before they are able to reproduce.

[quote name='Deadpool']Actually at the title of the auction it says "2005 McDonalds Monopoly Game BOARDWALK" So technically this is fraud and he could do jail time if found. SWEET![/QUOTE]

The fact that it says 2005 Game could be referring to the $3 BB buck you get with it.

Shoot the moon!

I seriously wish I thought of this. Someone realized what is going on, as it went from $10k to $3k, somebody retracted their bid.

If I did this, and made like $75 off some idiot, I wouldn't feel bad....I'd laugh! But, if I got over a grand (possibly 10 grand!) I'd feel like I really did something moraly wrong to someone quite stupid.

Also.....what would someone that stupid be doing with several thousand dollars to spend on ebay?

if this is a single mother of x kids on welfare, what the hell is she doing buying useless shit on ebay. if you are on welfare, you shouldnt be allowed to have such things as cable, internet, or be allowed to eat steak every night of the week or buy lottery tickets, using my tax dollars. dammit.

What hes really selling is ht e best buy bucks and man are those people dumb. I mean come on what would he sell it if he had it? That makes no sense and these people are clueless.

Where did the topic of welfare come into play? I don't think anyone on welfare, even if they wanted to, would have the cash (as they get food stamps and such) to spend on something like this.

It is probably some stupid housewife spending her husbands money, thinking she can make him millions, or some stupid corporate guy bidding on ebay instead of doing his job, thinking if he spends his kids college fund on it that he could buy the corvette he always wanted.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I am not usually into reporting jackasses on eBay but I think in this case it should be done. It's obvious it's not the actual game piece and to the sellers credit they don't claim it is the game piece, but it's very misleading. Whoever is bidding on that is D-U-M-B.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is, it's probably young kids who are bidding on it. When I was a kid I would have bought this story, and thought I'd just pay him out of my winnings. There is obviously an issue with kids this young being "allowed" to bid on Ebay, but in this scenario the guy whose selling the fake ticket is worlds beyond kids on Ebay in terms of level or wrongness.

How do you not blame someone for trying to capitalize on other people's ignorance or stupidity. My biggest soapbox about today's society is the growing belief that stupidity on someone else's part justifies immoral behavior from individuals. Murder is wrong whether or not the other person is stupid. Stealing is wrong whether or not the other person is stupid. Hate crimes are wrong whether or not the other person is stupid. Cheating is wrong whether or not your teacher is stupid. Stupidity makes it easier for bad people to do bad things. It does not make bad things Ok.

[quote name='Strell']Wow. I can hear Darwin coughing right now.[/QUOTE]

That wasnt a cough, he rolled over in his coffin and did the cha cha.

[quote name='nakanenui']if this is a single mother of x kids on welfare, what the hell is she doing buying useless shit on ebay. if you are on welfare, you shouldnt be allowed to have such things as cable, internet, or be allowed to eat steak every night of the week or buy lottery tickets, using my tax dollars. dammit.[/QUOTE]

Um... things such as the internet are important for information, both for their own and for their childrens school.

Besides, if you think you are bidding on a genuine piece, then this sure as hell isn't a useless waste of money.

I have no sympathy for the morons that bid on this in hopes of getting rich quick. They're driven by their own greed, and act with their stupidity. What he's doing isn't right, but people need to have common sense.

[quote name='nakanenui']if this is a single mother of x kids on welfare, what the hell is she doing buying useless shit on ebay. if you are on welfare, you shouldnt be allowed to have such things as cable, internet, or be allowed to eat steak every night of the week or buy lottery tickets, using my tax dollars. dammit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, there's a family that lives on my street that gets their rent paid for them through HUD. They're on welfare, the mother has ten kids, gets their rent paid by my tax dollars, and the have two 2005 BMWs. Also, the mother, and two of her 18 year old looking sons just joined the gym I go to, and it cost $200 to enroll, and $100 a month there-after. Only in America.

"How do you not blame someone for trying to capitalize on other people's ignorance or stupidity."

Welcome to capitalizim. Most items out there sell because the masses are ignorant or stupid. Just watch tv, and see how many commericals for items/services there are that prey on this.

[quote name='slidecage']dudes an idoit cause he is saying its the 2005 mcdonald piece what is a lie the other one didnt say it was the 2005 game piece.. i hope someone wins it find out its fake and Sue the %#$# out of them. and if they are under 18 sue the hell out of their parents[/QUOTE]

Maybe I didn't understand you. This second auction actually says it's from the game board, not a game piece. So if people bid on this one, he'll probably get the money.

[quote name='cyrix`']why is there always a ticket stub or something covering up the bottom half?[/QUOTE]

they do it so people cant call in the 888 number to clam the prize but what is stupid about this is you WOULD need the tickets to claim it so who the hell cares if they got the number they dont have the tickets so they couldnt claim it

...Anyone else think we could sell the Monopoly money?

***--- 1,00,000 DOLLARS FOR ONLY $5! N/R NO JOKE OMFG L@@Ks ---***

And then for the description

COMES IN DIFFERENT COLORS. ... COLORS FROM THE FUTURE OF MONEY!

Auctions like these make me anxious to sell my Xbox 360 Box. I'll make sure to include generous amounts of pictures showing the box, and be careful to write Xbox box everywhere, and presto some moron will pay $200.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I agree, there's a family that lives on my street that gets their rent paid for them through HUD. They're on welfare, the mother has ten kids, gets their rent paid by my tax dollars, and the have two 2005 BMWs. Also, the mother, and two of her 18 year old looking sons just joined the gym I go to, and it cost $200 to enroll, and $100 a month there-after. Only in America.[/QUOTE]

So true, as much as I think middle-clss America gets screwed every day by the corporations that control congress, the poor screw us all by spending all their money on cigs, bling-bling and fancy cell phones, and then pleading poverty when they go in to see the doctor or their local welfare office.

I remember in college there was this one nerd who had his tuition totally funded by the state, so he spent all of his expendable income on Magic the Gathering cards while the rest of us were stuck saving up so we could goto the movies on Friday night.

[quote name='slidecage']they do it so people cant call in the 888 number to clam the prize but what is stupid about this is you WOULD need the tickets to claim it so who the hell cares if they got the number they dont have the tickets so they couldnt claim it[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm not going to read this for the fifth time.

Slidecage, punctuation is your friend!

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Bid is up to $26,100.67!!....I wonder what it will end up at...[/QUOTE]
Nothing, since eBay will pull it after looking into it.

I reported it, with the zillions of other CAGs.

If someone could post a link of where to contact eBay to report the person that would help because I feel sorry for the people who are stupid enough to believe this listing...

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Um... things such as the internet are important for information, both for their own and for their childrens school.

Besides, if you think you are bidding on a genuine piece, then this sure as hell isn't a useless waste of money.[/QUOTE]

The internet can be had for FREE from a library. They don't need to spend my damn money so they can have LUXURIES.

And honestly, who would believe someone would sell a million dollars?:dunce:
Anyone that falls for this is an idiot and anyone on welfare with more than 1 kid should be shot after 3 months.

bread's done
Back