Fall update days AWAY!

Michaellvortega

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
YEA! The 360 fall update is required to use the wireless headset, with the wireless headset due out 10/31 that leaves us with some really cool features comming VERY soon. Stay tuned.

Way to take the article completely out of context and try to spin a rumor into a fact.

Microsoft can change the release date of the headset. I'm not believing anything until they announce it.

[quote name='Scorch']Way to take the article completely out of context and try to spin a rumor into a fact.

Microsoft can change the release date of the headset. I'm not believing anything until they announce it.[/QUOTE]

What article? I got this from Major nelson.

Well all retailers are saying the HD-DVD comes out on the 7th, and the headset comes out on the 31st. Both of which need this fall update to work.

So either Microsoft is telling all major retailers the wrong release dates, they will panic and change all the dates, or there will have to be a dashboard update in the next week or so.

Im betting it all comes out as planned. With the changes to the servers just done and the release of 2 accessories that NEED this fall update, it's coming out very soon.

Scorch is correct.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a "useless product" on sale for a few days before the update....or maybe knocked the wireless set's release date back a week or two.

Still waiting on that TH'EM camera support update....

Yeah, I really love all the sweet ass stuff they added to xbox.com during the downtime. This update rumor is best taken with a few grains of salt.

The fact that a dash update is coming very soon is reality.

But I'm not sure where some of you are getting "MS promised cool stuff in the upcoming dash update" line. All that is known is that it's an update. And it will make the HD-DVD and Wireless headset work.

Will it do more than that? Of course. But nobody knows what, so nobody can say Microsoft is promising "Cool suprises". They haven't.

All you need to know is the HD-DVD and Wireless headset will work after the dash update. If that isn't enough to be a "Cool Surprise" to you, then don't expect one.

[quote name='thrustbucket']The fact that a dash update is coming very soon is reality.

But I'm not sure where some of you are getting "MS promised cool stuff in it". All that is known is that it's an update. And it will make the HD-DVD and Wireless headset work.

Will it do more than that? Of course. But nobody knows what, so nobody can say Microsoft is promising "Cool suprises". They haven't.

All you need to know is the HD-DVD and Wireless headset will work after the dash update. If that isn't enough to be a "Cool Surprise" to you, then don't expect one.[/QUOTE]

Well at least they did show that everything in the dash(presentation wise) is cleaned up a bit and easier to browse. This was shown 2 or so months back. Even just having that as a "surprise" is good.

[quote name='thrustbucket']But I'm not sure where some of you are getting "MS promised cool stuff in the upcoming dash update" line. All that is known is that it's an update. And it will make the HD-DVD and Wireless headset work.

Will it do more than that? Of course. But nobody knows what, so nobody can say Microsoft is promising "Cool suprises". They haven't. [/QUOTE]

LARRY promised "cool stuff" more than once prior to the XBL downtime. That's about as MS as you can get when it comes to the 360.

Of course, his definition of cool stuff and a realistic version of cool stuff probably differs. Maybe we already got whatever he thought was so awesome. Or maybe they just were lying, like I predicted.

Actually I remember back when Arcade Wens. were announced they said Nov. So it might come out Nov. 1st.

[quote name='KaneRobot']LARRY promised "cool stuff" more than once prior to the XBL downtime. That's about as MS as you can get when it comes to the 360.

Of course, his definition of cool stuff and a realistic version of cool stuff probably differs. Maybe we already got whatever he thought was so awesome. Or maybe they just were lying, like I predicted.[/QUOTE]

I remember them talking about "cool stuff" for Live being down. But I haven't yet heard MS say that the dash update will present "Cool new stuff". I may have missed it though.

Let's speculate on what will be added!

I guarantee at least two of these things:
  • Movies/TV shows added to Marketplace
  • New more accessible/attractive dashboard design
  • At least one more Arcade game
  • BC Update
  • Improved HD
  • Maybe better online play?
  • Cam support for more games

They said before that 1080p will be enabled for everything on the fall update. Obviously it's just upscaling for games (though 1080p native games may come out later), but it's still better than nothing. I for one will be using it as I have a CRT monitor with (only) VGA input that can go up to 1920x1080.

Anyone remember that link for suggestions to the Fall update? One thing I'd like to add for future consideration is the ability to specify different video output resolutions for movies and games. For instance I want to play my games at a native 720p, but I'd like to upconvert all of my movies to 1080i. It would be nice to do this without switching the system settings between each one.

Jeremy

Is it possible that some of the core elements that will be used to make the wireless headset compatible have already been put in place on the last downtime? Maybe not everything need to make it function, but a foundation so that the next one isnt so long ?

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Is it possible that some of the core elements that will be used to make the wireless headset compatible have already been put in place on the last downtime? Maybe not everything need to make it function, but a foundation so that the next one isnt so long ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean exactly.

By last downtime, do you mean last weeks live update? If so, then I really doubt it. I highly doubt anything needed to be installed on the live network to make the wireless headset work. It's all about your Xbox being able to communicate with it, and last weeks update did absolutely no changes or updates to your xbox.

bread's done
Back