Fallout 1 / 2

[quote name='aihuman']Install the mod that removes the time limit in Fallout 1.[/QUOTE]
Is that really necessary? 150 days not enough?

Blood - haha really? I'll have to watch it =x

150 days should be plenty, Human's just spouting blasphemy.

Can't think of any decent tips off the top of my head, though if you run into trouble in specific areas I might be able to help. Well, here's a tip, survival and gambling are both mostly worthless skills, and if you want a powergaming Fallout build then you'll want gifted. SPECIAL stats are much more important in Fallout 1 and 2 than 3 or NV, dropping some initial skillpoints for higher SPECIAL across the board is well worth it, especially if you invest some of that bonus into intelligence, which pays off with more skillpoints per level than in FO3.

[quote name='Moltres423']Blood - haha really? I'll have to watch it =x[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was walking or driving to a town and it was a random encounter or something; literally placed me in the middle of exploding cows and just killed me.

Also, small arms (guns) is the most useful weapon perk. Once you get bigger guns you'll still have trouble with ammo, and laser weapons are a bit late in the game.

You can do alright with melee, though I believe a power fist may be stronger than a power hammer or other melee weapons. It'll just get tight with the stimpacks, and the game is harder at the onset.

I'd pick one combat skill and two support skills. Speech is always useful, and so is Sneak...if only to plant ticking time bombs on people and walk away.

Oh, shit, how did I not see this?

Lockpicking can be pretty nice to have, especially in conjunction with stealth. Agility is the most important of the SPECIAL stats. I'm pretty sure there's a mod out there that lets you control your companions in a more Fallout 2-esque manner, which you should definitely get. I mean, assuming I didn't imagine it.

In which case, sucks to be you.

Oh, and there should be one to make Fallout 2 companion control less buggy as a motherfucker. Another good one to get.

Oh, shit, I totally forgot!

Fallout 2 has a... certain companion that joins you late in the game. Don't wanna give anything away, but it's a very... a very fuck YEAH! feeling having him. And he is awesome.

Thing is, every time you initiate combat, he has a little animation where he prepares to fight. It's nice, but it takes a few seconds and can get a little old. Once you've recruited him, you may wish to get a mod - there is one out there somewhere - to cut the animation.

But seriously, that guy is the best thing about Fallout 2.

Major spoiler ahead:
Recruitable Deathclaw! fuck yeah!"
fuck-yea-man_design.png

goris.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back