fallout 3 and gamepad (non xbox) help please.

Psykodelik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I got a chance to play fallout 3 again but this time on my pc. After playing for a bit I realized I like playing it better on a gamepad and I could actually "relax" more while playing.

I know this has "xbox" controller support but I'm not going to shell out $ for it. Can anyone lead me how to get my "nyko airflo (not ex)" to work on the game? I have no option to use the controller. My computer picks up the game pad but no dice.

I've also tried using my ps3 controller but the bluetooth conflicts with my logitech bluetooth for some odd reason.

Any help on this is appreciated.

I don't know about your Nyko controller, but I had a similar problem not long ago and fixed it with Logitech Rumblepad 2 (wireless). I had the problem with Mass Effect for PC, since it doesn't support gamepads. The Logitech allowed me to assign mouse and keyboard to buttons on gamepad of my choice. I am very satisfied with its programmability and performance.

[quote name='cheesycrouton']you can use xpadder. it will let you map your controller to keys on your keyboard. then, in fallout 3, set each action to a key. every time you press a button on your controller it will trigger the mapped key.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml[/QUOTE]

This ^^ sounds like the best bet because I think I did have the MS pad but wanted to play oblivion on my PC with it and I remember being able to map any key to the buttons on the pad. Kinda fun to use a MS controller to control your mouse too.

Thanks for the link. I tried it and it worked nicely. I'll use it for now until I can find a "non-emulator" type program. I was able to use my ps3 controller as a controller itself but I forgot what I did and since I was playing around with the drivers I cant get it to work.

bread's done
Back