Fallout 3 and Gears 2 used for $29.99 at Hastings starting Sunday Jan 4

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
If you are fortunate enough to have a Hastings in your area, check the back page of this weeks ad (January 4) for a decent deal on Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 for $29.99. These are for used copies (if they have them in stock) and the price on Fallout 3 is good for the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions.

As a side note they are also going to have buy 1 get 1 free on select Blu-ray movies. This deal is for new copies and not used.
Some of the titles pictured are:
Robocop
Terminator 2
The Transporter 1 and 2
The Usual Suspects

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purkeynator']If you are fortunate enough to have a Hastings in your area, check the back page of this weeks ad (January 4) for a decent deal on Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 for $29.99. These are for used copies (if they have them in stock) and the price on Fallout 3 is good for the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions.

As a side note they are also going to have buy 1 get 1 free on select Blu-ray movies. This deal is for new copies and not used.[/QUOTE]

Sweet any other deals? or do you know

Nice...looks like my Fallout 3 is going back to GS today, to get the 40% boost. Just need to pick a little trade fodder to go back to Hasting's, so I don't have to outlay any cash...

[quote name='dopehat']Sweet any other deals? or do you know[/QUOTE]

Only other game in the ad is Rockband 2 full game bundle at regular price.

great prices, I used to have a Hastings near me, decent trade values too.

although my bro nears about 10 min from one.. I wonder how much they'd take CoD:Waw for PS3 for, if that could be enough to pay off Gears 2 granted they have one in stock used.. anyone remember how much newer games go for? I think like $35 or so credit.. but I could be wrong it's been several months.

[quote name='aznguyen316']anyone remember how much newer games go for? I think like $35 or so credit.. but I could be wrong it's been several months.[/QUOTE]

My local hastings gives $35 for new used games (if that statement made any sense at all). I have one really close to me, but the unfortunate thing is that that is the only store besides Walmart that is around me :/

[quote name='voldak']My local hastings gives $35 for new used games (if that statement made any sense at all). I have one really close to me, but the unfortunate thing is that that is the only store besides Walmart that is around me :/[/quote]

thanks for confirming, that's what I thought. Awesome, if there is a Gears 2, then this could work out. I'll have to call my bro since he has my copy of CoD:WaW to trade =)

Thanks for the heads up. I know I always look forward to Hastings ads on Sundays. I will probably jump on Fallout 3. I played through most of it, just didn't get a chance to finish it. Im really excited about the buy 1 get 1 bluray sale.

The closest one to me is only 346 miles away. Gas prices need to go down quite a bit to make it worth the trip ;).

Im going to go check tonight, sweet deal if they have any.

EDIT-they had one left, good deal at 29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get a copy of gears 2 for thirty with a price match from game crazy my local hastings was out. thanks for info OP :)

The selection of blu-rays they were running for this promo were pretty cheesy. Anyone else's Hastings running a B2G1 on used games? Mine was, so it might be worth checking out.

Worth noting that see if your hastings is having a B2G1 for a penny deal as well.

That combined with Fallout 3 for 30 bucks....could get soemthing good out of it.

Holy crap! Just got one hell of a deal at Hasting's! I would call this the find of the year, but thanks to CAG, I've gotten in on some pretty sick deals this year...this is still near the top, though.

Fallout 3 (mint; clearance rental, doesn't seem to have even been played)
Gears 2 CE (mint; includes artbook, all manuals, etc...)
Halo 3 CE (mint; everything inlcuded)

Grand total: $65.xx

My store had tons of signage for a B2G1 for $1. Didn't ring up at register, but I reminded the CSR, and she punched it in, no problem.

I was a little worried about the Gears 2 CE qualifying for the $30 sale, since Hasting's usually differentiates between regular and collector's edition (and adjust the price accordingly, unlike Gamestop). But that was the only used Gears 2 they had, so I though I'd give it a shot, and play dumb.

Worked like a charm!

The blu ray deal sounds good. I'll definitely check this out after work. I usually catch wind of deals at Hasting's since they send me ads all the time, but I haven't heard anything about this one. Thanks for the heads up!

i have one about an hour or so away from me, might be time for a road trip don't have fallout or gears yet

Call first. I have three hastings in my city and not one had a used copy of either. Apparently they have to hold trade-ins for thirty days before they can sell them, at least here in WA.
So I called one store Sunday morning. Said they were out, but he had copies that were going to be available later in the week. Stopped by Monday at opening, no copies available. Called Tuesday, said that they sold the last copy last night and had no copies waiting to go out, not even with the 30 day hold thing. Happy birthday, self. Purchased on ebay later that day new $35. Did pick up Frisky Dingo for $14.99 and a Making of Hitchhiker's Guide for $4.99, though.

[quote name='gamer6587']are their trade in values higher than blockbuster[/QUOTE]

It depends. On some stuff yes. And they will give you cash or credit.

they refuse to tell any trade in values over phone......I guess a good way to lure customers.....I think i will just stick to blockbuster though

Yeah, I've gotten some surprisingly high values there ($40 for Gears 2...not too bad, since I bought back a CE yesterday from them for about $22), and surprising low ones as well (somewhere @ $20 for Mirror's Edge when it was brand new, and something really paltry like $2-3 for GTA IV 360).

Just like their random pricing, or sales or policies, it's a crapshoot.

I picked up an extra copy of both Fallout 3 (360) and Gears 2 for any CAG who needs one. I will sell them at my cost which was $30. The Gears 2 is complete and like new and the Fallout 3 is complete and looks to have had some scratches buffed out but I tested it for an hour last night and it plays perfectly. If anyone needs one of these two and wasn't able to get one, send me a pm. I snagged the last of each at the Ogden Utah Hastings so they are now out of both.

bread's done
Back