Fallout 3: CE available for Pre-Order at EB/GS & Amazon.com

Mindzeye82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just a heads up to those that are interested in Fallout 3, the limited edition is available for pre-order now at gamestop.com & amazon.com.

Limited Edition
360/PS3 - $79.99
PC - $69.99

Gamestop.com
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/fallout3/default.aspx?affid=3002&WT.mc_id=041108nl

Amazon.com
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Bethesda-Fall..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1208196280&sr=1-1
:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0016BY0HQ/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
:pc: http://www.amazon.com/Bethesda-Fall..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1208196280&sr=1-3

Survival Edition (AMAZON ONLY)
:ps3:Fallout 3: Amazon.com Exclusive Survival Edition $129.99

:360:Fallout 3: Amazon.com Exclusive Survival Edition $129.99

:pc:Fallout 3: Amazon.com Exclusive Survival Edition $119.99

EDIT: Amazon is now offering a Fallout 3 Survival Edition. This edition is exclusive to Amazon, includes all the items from the collector's edition, and a clock modeled after the PIP-Boy 3000. Thanks to cpickens1 for the info! Pictures and info about the survival edition can be found http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-060608.php
fallout3-se.jpg

EDIT: Gamestop is now offering a bonus soundtrack CD and poster for those that have pre-ordered the game. These are available at the time of pre-order on 5/20/08. Those late to the preorder table may not be able to recieve these in store. Online website now includes this as an offer. Details of offer can be found at http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/0...op-pre-orders/

EDIT: Definitivie Picture of what's included, courtesy of Joystiq

Here is a list of what is included in this edition.
fallout3ce2.jpg

Thanks to Brenex for providing a pic of the Bobblehead and lunchbox

Better Shot of the Lunchbox and Bobblehead. As indicated by the picture (which comes from Desctructoid), the cola is not included.
81251-fallouthotness.jpg

Thanks Opterasis for the info

God knows how limited this will be - but it's nice that you are getting more than a standard making of DVD.

[quote name='yukafls']Has anyone played the game series or can recommend it?[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? Seriously go back and changed that before the people much less nice then me come and flame you. Either that or take your ball and go home.

And yes, there is a PC version for $69.99 like it says in the first post.

[quote name='amusedtoe']You're kidding right? Seriously go back and changed that before the people much less nice then me come and flame you. Either that or take your ball and go home.

And yes, there is a PC version for $69.99 like it says in the first post.[/QUOTE]

You rang?

Nah - I'm too tired right now - go get dosbox, play the games, avoid fall out tactics and enjoy.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm keeping my eye on this as well. I'd much rather give my money to Amazon than GameStop.[/QUOTE]

plus amazon is tax free for most people.

Now the question is PS3 or Xbox 360. I normally get games on Xbox 360 but if the PS3 version is better...

[quote name='TheMan70']:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: im in just for the lunch box:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

But whats this game about? ;)[/quote]

I would like to know the same.:cool:

[quote name='yukafls']I would like to know the same.:cool:[/quote]

taken from wikipedia.com

[quote name='wikipedia.com']Similar to previous Fallout games, Fallout 3 takes place in post-apocalyptic United States. The player character is a member of Vault 101, a fallout shelter serving in Washington D.C.. The player character lives with his father (the mother having died in childbirth), until, one day, the player wakes up finding that his father has left the vault and ventured into the wasteland for unknown reasons. The vault overseer gets suspicious that the player had something to do with the father's disappearance, so the character must go out into the wasteland in search of him.[5] During a March 21, 2008 Official Xbox Magazine podcast interview, Todd Howard revealed that the game had expanded to nearly the same scope as Oblivion, and had over 200 variations of the final cutscene, which was determined by all of the actions taken by the player.[6]
[/quote]

[quote name='nikkai']You rang?

Nah - I'm too tired right now - go get dosbox, play the games, avoid fall out tactics and enjoy.[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't need dosbox to play 'em, unless Vista is particularly cantankerous. And Tactics is decent if you like squad based games. Not terribly Fallout, but a decent enough game, especially considering basically every Fallout pack throws it in as well.

Got the notification and ordered. Now to quickly beat the first two, since I never got around to finishing either game...

Hmm.. Is there any way to pay off a pre-order from Amazon before it ships? Money is going to be fairly tight when Fallout is released, so I'd like to pay it off now if at all possible.

If not I guess I'm going with Gamestop.

when i checkout amazon says its charging the entire amount of 79.99 to my account. anyway i can do it so they only take an initial deposit?

[quote name='Teqonix']Hmm.. Is there any way to pay off a pre-order from Amazon before it ships? Money is going to be fairly tight when Fallout is released, so I'd like to pay it off now if at all possible.

If not I guess I'm going with Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Buy an Amazon gift card. Apply it to the order.

[quote name='Deadpool']hmmm.. i've never even heard of fallout...[/quote]

Well then I HIGHLY suggest you play the first two. (Don't worry about Tactics or Brotherhood of Steel)

[quote name='VaultDweller13']Well then I HIGHLY suggest you play the first two. (Don't worry about Tactics or Brotherhood of Steel)[/quote]

What system is it for?

[quote name='yukafls']What system is it for?[/quote]

PC and they're quite old. For most people I don't think they wouldof aged particular well for. Especially the first one.

[quote name='Draekon']PC and they're quite old. For most people I don't think they wouldof aged particular well for. Especially the first one.[/quote]

Damn, I cannot have computer games on this thing. Last time I put games on this, it fuck up.

[quote name='yukafls']What system is it for?[/quote]
PC; Gogamer has the compilation pack that is well-worth the price.

Damn, I want the CE but I don't know what system I want it on... PC for it's mod community, but computer might not be able to handle it. 360 for Achievements. PS3 for... well, maybe Home will be up and give me a reason.

Um... I'd like to have the bobblehead, but not for $20 extra. The rest of it I could give two shits about.

Regular edition for me. Now to get PC or 360... Oblivion was about a zillion times better on PC than 360. For many reasons, but chief among them was the load times. Wonder if Fallout will be the same?

[quote name='Cursor']Um... I'd like to have the bobblehead, but not for $20 extra. The rest of it I could give two shits about.[/QUOTE]

Dude, METAL LUNCHBOX. Metal lunchbox, man, metal lunchbox.

Heh, actually, whatever suits you. I'm just sayin'.

Duffel bags? Lunch boxes? Does anyone else remember the days when the "special edition" was just a different color case or cart?

Yeah, those days sucks. I will definitely pick up the collector's edition of Fallout 3. This is awesome.

[quote name='Deadpool']hmmm.. i've never even heard of fallout...[/quote]

[quote name='yukafls']same here[/quote]
:roll:
Tis a shame. Fallout 1 and 2 are some of the greatest PC RPGS ever made.

[quote name='Draekon']PC and they're quite old. For most people I don't think they wouldof aged particular well for. Especially the first one.[/quote]
They have aged alright, you just cant expect all the modern hand holding that games nowadays do.

[quote name='chasemurata']Duffel bags? Lunch boxes? Does anyone else remember the days when the "special edition" was just a different color case or cart?

Yeah, those days sucks. I will definitely pick up the collector's edition of Fallout 3. This is awesome.[/quote]

This is fucking Awesome.
PC Version FTW. Better Graphics, Reduced Loading Times, Mod Support, and 10 dollars less?
Hells Yea.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Dude, METAL LUNCHBOX. Metal lunchbox, man, metal lunchbox.

Heh, actually, whatever suits you. I'm just sayin'.[/quote]

I can just imagine how green with envy my colleagues at the office would be when I rolled in with a classic Fallout lunchbox! Um... Maybe not. Even if I were in High School, I'd still think that lunch box would increase my chances of getting an ass beating. Besides, where am I going to put that tin can? Last thing I need is more clutter in my house. OH, and I wany my $20! :)

But you're right--if this floats your boat, then have at it! Just not for me.

[quote name='Edge'] the Vault Boy Bobblehead just sounds too cool.

[/QUOTE]

They had me at vault boy bobblehead. tho $70 is still expensive.

[quote name='Cursor'] Even if I were in High School, I'd still think that lunch box would increase my chances of getting an ass beating.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. The lunch box must go onto ebay. And the ass beatings would hopefully only happen in middle school or jr high.

I likes the 1st game on XBOX. Never play the 2nd. I look forward this game too but i don't feel like drop $60 for it. I'll get it for $30 or less someday!!!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I likes the 1st game on XBOX. Never play the 2nd. I look forward this game too but i don't feel like drop $60 for it. I'll get it for $30 or less someday!!![/quote]

500 endings.

Think about that.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I likes the 1st game on XBOX. Never play the 2nd. I look forward this game too but i don't feel like drop $60 for it. I'll get it for $30 or less someday!!![/QUOTE]

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is nothing like the main Fallout series.

bread's done
Back