Fallout 3 Collectors Edition - $14.99 at Gamestop

salt_peanuts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't know if this is recent or universal or what, but I found a Fallout 3 Collectors Edition at Gamestop the other day, and it was marked $39.99 NEW but rang up $14.99. Actually my Edge card took off 10% as well for some reason even though it rang up new, so I got it for $13.49. I don't know if this is universal or not since I haven't seen a Collectors Edition in Gamestop in quite some time, but if you find one locally, it's worth a shot.

Don't have a scanner available here....which number on the receipt is the sku?

I bought the PS3 version...it was the only one they had. Was in Palisades Center, NY.

They marked them as used a while back and marked them down from $39.99 to $29.99

I guess this is the next step.

$14.99 is the used price for the standard PS3 edition....It looks like the took a new unit, and slapped a used fallout 3 PS3 SKU on it (which would explain the edge discount)...Doesn't gamestop do this occasionally with new merch they are phasing out...they just toss it into the used inventory?

same thing happened to me a few months ago.

got both 360 and ps3 for 16.xx after 10% discount on a "new" item.

ive seen it happen with guides at game stop before too.

Two questions, does this collectors edition come with the 5 expansion packs that the GOTY version comes with?

Also, for Fallout 3 GOTY version, if I were to get a used copy will I still have access to the 5 expansion packs? Or are the expansion packs available only as a one time use code?

I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) for $19.96 last week at WalMart. Not even worth saying YMMV because the employees left the regular Fallout 3 price tag in front of the GOTY stock. After she rang me up (and said to the manager, "damn someone messed this up. guy's gonna get a $40 game for $19!"), she went over and moved the last GOTY copy.

Yes so basically I'm bragging and am irrelevant to this conversation. But hey, maybe other Wal-Mart employees didnt know the difference. I mean there wasn't a price tag anywhere in the case for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='smokedphish']I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) for $19.96 last week at WalMart. Not even worth saying YMMV because the employees left the regular Fallout 3 price tag in front of the GOTY stock. After she rang me up (and said to the manager, "damn someone messed this up. guy's gonna get a $40 game for $19!"), she went over and moved the last GOTY copy.

Yes so basically I'm bragging and am irrelevant to this conversation. But hey, maybe other Wal-Mart employees didnt know the difference. I mean there wasn't a price tag anywhere in the case for the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

cool story bro

[quote name='smokedphish']I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) for $19.96 last week at WalMart. Not even worth saying YMMV because the employees left the regular Fallout 3 price tag in front of the GOTY stock. After she rang me up (and said to the manager, "damn someone messed this up. guy's gonna get a $40 game for $19!"), she went over and moved the last GOTY copy.

Yes so basically I'm bragging and am irrelevant to this conversation. But hey, maybe other Wal-Mart employees didnt know the difference. I mean there wasn't a price tag anywhere in the case for the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]
did it ring up 40 or 20? if it rang up 40 they would charged you 40 not 20, regardless of what the sticker on the stand said.

[quote name='styl3s']did it ring up 40 or 20? if it rang up 40 they would charged you 40 not 20, regardless of what the sticker on the stand said.[/QUOTE]

Actually if they tagged the actual item $20 in some states they HAVE to sell it at the stickered price by law. It depends on where you live. Michigan has that law.

[quote name='D_Icon']Two questions, does this collectors edition come with the 5 expansion packs that the GOTY version comes with?

Also, for Fallout 3 GOTY version, if I were to get a used copy will I still have access to the 5 expansion packs? Or are the expansion packs available only as a one time use code?[/QUOTE]

No, the Collector's Edition has no DLC.

Yes, a used Fallout 3 GOTY will still have access to all the DLC. It installs from a disc and is not a one time use code.

[quote name='Yanksfan']No, the Collector's Edition has no DLC.

Yes, a used Fallout 3 GOTY will still have access to all the DLC. It installs from a disc and is not a one time use code.[/QUOTE]

Did not know this. Thanks! Will probably return my Collector's Edition I bought for $24.99 and pick up the GOTY used someplace.

I know i got one a few weeks back for the standard used price (14.99). I figured it was because there was no plastic around the lunchbox? everything inside is still sealed.
It didn't have any stickers and one of the employees just told him to ring it up as a used ps3 copy. (best part was I later was able to return/rebuy it with that 40% off coupon)

[quote name='orcafan8']I know i got one a few weeks back for the standard used price (14.99). I figured it was because there was no plastic around the lunchbox? everything inside is still sealed.
It didn't have any stickers and one of the employees just told him to ring it up as a used ps3 copy. (best part was I later was able to return/rebuy it with that 40% off coupon)[/QUOTE]

What's the 40% off coupon?!

[quote name='slowdive21']What's the 40% off coupon?![/QUOTE]
It's likely they're talking about that buy 2/4/6 games get 10/20/30% off coupon they had for I think the one weekend about a month or so ago.

Add in the 10% EDGE/PUR card discount and you had the opportunity to get some games for stupid cheap.

For example, I picked up Red Dead Redemption for $25 in store with that coupon. I padded that coupon purchase by buying a collection of five :ps2:Madden coasters for $.99 each, since the coupon did not say there was a minimum value the games HAD to be to work with the coupon.

I know other folks bought stuff like Black Ops and other top games for 30-40% off with the coupon.;)

Is there any way to track this thing down other than going into each individual GS store? Is it possible for a GS employee to look up stock in the local region?

Better yet: I went to GS to buy regular FO3, saw that the original was $20 used and the GOTY was $40 used. I brought the GOTY to the counter to ask if it was right and the female employee looked it up versus the original and said "this isn't right!" (she did'nt know what she was doing) so she sold me the GOTY for $20!

Now that's a "cool story, bro"

[quote name='Mikocouch']Is there any way to track this thing down other than going into each individual GS store? Is it possible for a GS employee to look up stock in the local region?[/QUOTE]
Apparently not, I've called every store here and in the next city, they all tell me that the CE has been removed from their system altogether, so they can't search for it.

[quote name='styl3s']did it ring up 40 or 20? if it rang up 40 they would charged you 40 not 20, regardless of what the sticker on the stand said.[/QUOTE]

Okay so when the lady opened the case to get it, she looked closely and told me she'd have to do a price check but no matter what I'd get it for 20. She price checked it, it rang up at 40. Got her manager to come over, told him it was stickered wrong, he changed it to 20 and charged me then. So I guess in Georgia they do have that policy. Which is awesome.

I have like 4 gamestops near me and have checked them when it dropped to $30 and it was nowhere to be found. I imagine at $15 it aint going to be any better.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I have like 4 gamestops near me and have checked them when it dropped to $30 and it was nowhere to be found. I imagine at $15 it aint going to be any better.[/QUOTE]
Someone out there will find a treasure trove full of them. :'(

[quote name='aptanor']Apparently not, I've called every store here and in the next city, they all tell me that the CE has been removed from their system altogether, so they can't search for it.[/QUOTE]

A reliable gamestop manager told me when a LE/CE goes into clearance they remove it from the system and list them as the regular edition. That is how I got my new copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition for 29.99 a couple of years ago. It shounds like Fallout 3 hit the same cycle.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Is there any way to track this thing down other than going into each individual GS store? Is it possible for a GS employee to look up stock in the local region?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if Gamestop uses the same SKU/product number for all stores in their chain around the world or not, but Gamestop in Canada(www.gamestop.ca ) still has it listed with a price of $69.98.

The product number there is: 202842

Again, not sure if they use the same product numbers chain wide, but if they do they may be able to search for the CE with the number above.

[quote name='slowdive21']A reliable gamestop manager told me when a LE/CE goes into clearance they remove it from the system and list them as the regular edition. That is how I got my new copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition for 29.99 a couple of years ago. It shounds like Fallout 3 hit the same cycle.[/QUOTE]
QFT. I've been told the same thing.

[quote name='slowdive21']A reliable gamestop manager told me when a LE/CE goes into clearance they remove it from the system and list them as the regular edition. That is how I got my new copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition for 29.99 a couple of years ago. It shounds like Fallout 3 hit the same cycle.[/QUOTE]

All the gs's around me show Fallout 3 regular edition new in stock. I didn't know they still sold the regular edition new. Maybe this means they still have the Collector's edition? Last time I was in some of these stores about a month ago they still had tons of these stacked up near the demo units.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']All the gs's around me show Fallout 3 regular edition new in stock. I didn't know they still sold the regular edition new. Maybe this means they still have the Collector's edition?[/QUOTE]
Maybe. At the same time, maybe not.

I think I found the product number/SKU for this.

I used the following search terms: fallout 3 collectors edition ps3 gamestop us

Then I clicked on the cached page for the first result, which had this product number (71145) at the end of it.

Someone let me know if that's it and if it is, then you're welcome.;)

[quote name='slowdive21']What's the 40% off coupon?![/QUOTE]

yeah sorry i meant the 10/20/30 from a few weeks back.

Now if it hit the clearance cycle and is being sold as the regular edition, then why are some locations selling them as regular edition used?

well its says this on the site http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=202842
so is this in store only? The person who picked up the phone told me the only one they have is for $59.99 and its only the game. No way that is possible when last time i went the standard game was $19.99. It really sucks when someone cannot do their job right. I suppose i will stop in tomorrow and check out for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back