Fallout 3 Collector's Edition $39.99 @ Gamestop

I like the extras. The Vault-Boy bobble head has been sitting on top of my 360 since the day it came out. The lunch box is cool and I have that on display also.

[quote name='rothgar24']Wow. I already have the game but I'm sure I could re-gift it. Any opinions on whether the extras are worth it.[/QUOTE]

Compared to other 'Collector's Editions' where all you get is some art book and a tin case, this is definitely worth it. Bought mine when Best Buy clearanced them out at $35 last fall and have never regretted it.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Still waiting for one more drop, since it would remain unopened on my shelf for all eternity :)[/QUOTE]

Then you'll probably not want to buy it from Gamestop *rimshot*

[quote name='mitch079']Then you'll probably not want to buy it from Gamestop *rimshot*[/QUOTE]

Actually if you find the PC version, there is a small shot it will be unopened since they are keeping PC games sealed more and more nowadays.

[quote name='oasisboy']And GameStop keeps getting worst retailer of the year... when there are deals like this.[/QUOTE]
They get that title for plenty of other reasons.

[quote name='CaoPi']how many sandwiches, drinks can fit inside ?[/QUOTE]

two sandwiches on one side, stacked and a regular soda pop can probably.

[quote name='dabamus']Not to rain on your parade, but it's been like this for months. PC version is that way too.[/QUOTE]

You're not raining on anyone's parade. Everyone who didn't know about this price doesn't really care how long it's been $40.

It's also good to know that Walmart B&M has this for $29.99. It's YMMV, but it's been found at that price by a few members here (including myself, but only PS3 version)

If you guys are looking for the PC version, Amazon has their exclusive Survival Edition for $60 shipped. That's a pretty good deal if you like to display memorabilia type stuff on your bookshelf or somewhere. The clocks are utter shit, but they'll probably be nice just for display.

$39.99 is worth it just for the boost to one random stat, but I'm disappointed the package doesn't at least include a sensor module and cherry bomb to go with the lunchbox.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']If you guys are looking for the PC version, Amazon has their exclusive Survival Edition for $60 shipped. That's a pretty good deal if you like to display memorabilia type stuff on your bookshelf or somewhere. The clocks are utter shit, but they'll probably be nice just for display.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I might have to look into that. 45.99 for the collectors edition on PC I think I'll go that route. Unfortunately the collectors pc version is not available at GS in my area(since I have tons of gs credit to use)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the GotW edition a few months ago, installed disc 2 extras, played for a while, then sold it. If I get this Collector's Edition (or even just the regular copy), will my save file still work and will I still have access to the disc 2 stuff?

[quote name='rothgar24']Wow. I already have the game but I'm sure I could re-gift it. Any opinions on whether the extras are worth it.[/QUOTE]

If you like the game, absolutely. The art book is good, the Vault Boy bobblehead is pretty cool, and the lunchbox is-- a lunchbox. The "making of" disc is a standard def DVD for the Xbox 360 & PC versions, but it is a blu-ray disc for the PS3 (with a noticeable difference in picture quality).

The game/case itself is exactly like the standard retail games

I looked at the gs website and saw that a store pretty nearby had some 360 ones in stock still. One said they just had the display model left (everything included and supposedly mint, but no shrinkwrap) but another one just a little further away had a sealed one. Picked it up for $40. Probably will sell/trade/Goozex away the game and then wait for a sale on the GOTY version. Then I'd have a cool hybrid collector's GOTY edition :)

I was about too pull the trigger on either amazon or ebay on this one too (for more money). Glad I ran a search on CAG before I did!

[quote name='Ruahrc'] Probably will sell/trade/Goozex away the game and then wait for a sale on the GOTY version. Then I'd have a cool hybrid collector's GOTY edition :)
[/QUOTE]

That's essentially what I did. I bought the CE when it first came out, then right around the time they announced the GOTY edition, I was able to still trade in the game disc from my CE for about $26. Picked up the GOTY for about $50 after using one of the final ECA codes, and so I essentially paid $25 for the 5 DLC packs.

bread's done
Back