Fallout 3 Collectors Edition PS3 $29.97 & XB360 $34.97 at Sears.com

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Sears.com has Fallout 3 Collectors Edition for $29.97 for PS3 and $34.97 for XB360. Ordered one from Target.com last week for $31.98+tax and shipping, obviously I should have looked at Sears.com first. The ones at Target.com went fast so here's your second chance for those who didn't get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting to get this game. I'm just not willing to pay more than 20 dollars for the PS3 versions since it's defective.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm still waiting to get this game. I'm just not willing to pay more than 20 dollars for the PS3 versions since it's defective.[/QUOTE]

I believe you're thinking of the PS3 game of the year edition, the standard PS3 version wasn't buggy, at least not any more than the other versions.

[quote name='eastshore4']I believe you're thinking of the PS3 game of the year edition, the standard PS3 version wasn't buggy, at least not any more than the other versions.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I guess I thought this was GOTY. I just re-read it and it said collector's edition.

My brother kept getting freezes at Rivet city. I, however, only recieved one single freeze in my essentially beating the game, and it was just because of the buggy engine. (on 360, for me)

I think the Rivet city freeze bug is common on PS3, and I don't think it's been patched.

Though, this CE is pretty unique and cool and still probably worth it.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm still waiting to get this game. I'm just not willing to pay more than 20 dollars for the PS3 versions since it's defective.[/QUOTE]

Ignoring your apparent confusion, is $20 really worth it for a so-called broken game? Why not just get the regular game and F the broken GOTY edition. I'm not 100% but the DLC purchased separately likely don't have the problems that the GOTY disc has.

[quote name='BargainGamer']This would have been a decent deal if it wasn't for that ridiculous shipping and handling fees.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing you would consider any shipping fee other than FREE ridiculous? It shows $4.66 for me.

Seriously, $4.66 shipping is not bad, and probably cheaper than it would cost you to ship it yourself.

These lunchboxes weigh 2lbs 5 ounces. So yes it cost you way more to ship it even across town. Priority runs you 8.00

PS3 version does not run well at all. Coming from someone who played the crap out of it, it crashes often, and I just got in the habit of saving and keeping multiple save files so I had something to fall back on.

I've pre-ordered new vegas for the 360, hoping it performs better.

Edit: Confused Dragon Age with Fallout 3 in a moment of insanity. Fallout 3 played just fine for me on the PS3.

[quote name='daminion']PS3 version does not run well at all. Coming from someone who played the crap out of it, it crashes often, and I just got in the habit of saving and keeping multiple save files so I had something to fall back on.

I've pre-ordered new vegas for the 360, hoping it performs better.[/QUOTE]

Confirm or deny that this is your post (from 2/9/10):

[quote name='daminion']I've spent countless hours in the PS3 version of Fallout 3 and never had an issue. I played up to level 20 with the non-GOTY version then stopped and waited for the GOTY version. Played through all 4 expansions and hit the max level cap.

For me, I've had no issues at all on my 60GB PS3.[/QUOTE]

Sounds kind of contradictory, wouldn't you say? Earlier you said you played through everything and had no issues, now you're saying it doesn't run well at all. Hmmm

I don't remember have any freezes in the game, not saying that they didn't happen, if they occured, they obviously happened so few times, if at all, that I can't remember any specifically. I have already played through the standard edition game, so I'm basically buying this for the collectibles. Looked on ebay and amazon and didn't find it anywhere cheaper than $50 so even with the $4+ shipping and $3+ tax it's still the best deal on this brand new CE you'll find anywhere else.

PS> Nice callout ssjmichael haha!

[quote name='daminion']PS3 version does not run well at all. Coming from someone who played the crap out of it, it crashes often, and I just got in the habit of saving and keeping multiple save files so I had something to fall back on.

I've pre-ordered new vegas for the 360, hoping it performs better.[/QUOTE]

i played ps3 version and it only froze on me once. the 360 version froze on me couple of times.

[quote name='Rhett']My brother kept getting freezes at Rivet city. I, however, only recieved one single freeze in my essentially beating the game, and it was just because of the buggy engine. (on 360, for me)

I think the Rivet city freeze bug is common on PS3, and I don't think it's been patched.

Though, this CE is pretty unique and cool and still probably worth it.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I never had any problems at Rivet City.

Point Lookout lagged like hell in outdoor areas for me though.

Oh, also, I have the PC version now and it too crashes every once in a while.

I have the GOTY edition on PS3 but have never played it yet. I picked it up for $19.99 new off the wall behind the counter at Gamestop's Black Friday sale (was regular $59.99 @ the time). Yes, I know that is almost a year ago! I have just a huge backlog of games but have been looking forward to it.. I just hear it's a huge time sucker and takes a lot of dedication and hours, I just don't have the time at the moment. Been playing Red Dead off and on..and shorter games like POP..

I hope it doesn't suck too bad on freezes or whatever you guys are saying.. That would not be cool.. I've always wanted the lunchbox.. Might pick this up just for the extra goodies and trade the game to someone for another title..

I bought the vanilla version for PS3 about a month ago. I think I'm around 60 hours in now and it's frozen twice. I actually have more issues with non-PS3 specific things like getting stuck in geometry than anything.

I'd totally buy this if it weren't $40 shipped, as I've become a major fallout fanboy. The game is really, really good.

Confirm or deny that this is your post (from 2/9/10):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminion
I've spent countless hours in the PS3 version of Fallout 3 and never had an issue. I played up to level 20 with the non-GOTY version then stopped and waited for the GOTY version. Played through all 4 expansions and hit the max level cap.

For me, I've had no issues at all on my 60GB PS3.

Sounds kind of contradictory, wouldn't you say? Earlier you said you played through everything and had no issues, now you're saying it doesn't run well at all. Hmmm

Ouch.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Confirm or deny that this is your post (from 2/9/10):

Sounds kind of contradictory, wouldn't you say? Earlier you said you played through everything and had no issues, now you're saying it doesn't run well at all. Hmmm[/QUOTE]

You know what, you're absolutely correct. For some reason I confused my experience with that of Dragon Age which crashed all the time for me on the PS3. Ignore me, too many games played and they are all starting to blur.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']But then that means I would have to give GS my money, never gonna happen! And even at $40+tax and having to go pick it up, I'm getting it sent to me for less :)[/QUOTE]

Not saying that it's a better deal but alot of CAGs have GS credit so it could be technically cheaper depending on how you got that credit :cool:

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Not saying that it's a better deal but alot of CAGs have GS credit so it could be technically cheaper depending on how you got that credit :cool:[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I have GS credit that I only spend if GS ever has a good NEW game deal I am interested in. I picked a new sealed copy from them, and since it is new, the $$ goes to the publisher.

:)

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']You can also get this game for $40 from gamestop (local)

Use store locator there seem to be alot of them
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71145

I personally am waiting for them to drop another $10-$20 at GS[/QUOTE]

woooooow the new Gamestop.com sucks now that you cant check availability. Every page now says "call to check for availability". I dont know about anyone else, but I found that VERY helpful, even though it wasnt necessarily accurate to know which stores had something in stock...this sucks...

EDIT: Never mind. I am retarded. I guess all the stores that show up mean its available there. I actually like the new setup now...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']woooooow the new Gamestop.com sucks now that you cant check availability. Every page now says "call to check for availability". I dont know about anyone else, but I found that VERY helpful, even though it wasnt necessarily accurate to know which stores had something in stock...this sucks...

EDIT: Never mind. I am retarded. I guess all the stores that show up mean its available there. I actually like the new setup now...[/QUOTE]

I don 't like the new interface ether, very unintuitive and confusing. However I am sure is suits GameStuck just fine.

[quote name='repete']Wow thats a great deal
like its cheaper than buying all the dlc[/QUOTE]

It's the Collectors Edition w/ bobblehead and Lunchbox, not the GOTY edition with the extra missions.

Was actually able to pick this up at target.com for $31 shipped a couple days ago.
After I purchased it was gone from target.com

The CE collection itself is one of the best imo. I mean a bobblehead + a lunchbox? Thats just epic. I've been tracking the value of the CE on sears.com, and its been dropping every month so I wouldn't be surprised to see that trend continue for those who are still debating.

Dang no extra dlc content is a huge bust for me. The bobble head is kinda cool but a lunch box? I am not a little kid and that would do me nothing right now. I prefer the CE metal cases over a lunch box tin. Anyways good older ver deal but the GOTY is a better deal for me cause the DLC would cost more then to buy the lunchbox and bobble on ebay.

The base game has very few issues, that do not distract from the game, and like the others it did crash once or twice... then I bought a few DLC packs for it and it all went to hell from there, now it crashes every 2 hours or so...
(PS3 version)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Dang no extra dlc content is a huge bust for me. The bobble head is kinda cool but a lunch box? I am not a little kid and that would do me nothing right now. I prefer the CE metal cases over a lunch box tin. Anyways good older ver deal but the GOTY is a better deal for me cause the DLC would cost more then to buy the lunchbox and bobble on ebay.[/QUOTE]

If you played the game you might understand the lunchbox a bit more... or maybe not who knows.

I got the reg version and no problems here. Great freakin game man you are missing out:cry:

[quote name='Archfiend']I got the reg version and no problems here. Great freakin game man you are missing out:cry:[/QUOTE]

i have a backlog so its not a big deal for me to wait. id like to get it for 20 or less...for the working GOTY version on the 360. I would go for the regular version on the PS3 but 30 is way too much. I agree with the guy about the extras. I have no need for a lunchbox - even if it's in the game in some fashion. I'm sorry but I don't like having nick-nacks sitting around my house like an lady with 30 cats who always wanted children but never had them. Same goes for the bobblehead.

I bought two and received them today. I already own one but I wanted two more so I can use one to replace my current bobblehead since it has a big paint chip in the back of the head and one to keep sealed. I opened one to get the bobblehead out and it was broken off the stand and all chipped up so I called up Sears (1-800-349-4358 is anyone else has issues) asking to exchange it for another one and after about 10 minutes total they said they would just send me a refund (by mail in 3-5 business days) for the one that is broken instead. Thumbs up for Sears customer service but I am still pretty disappointed since I really wanted to replace my current bobblehead. This definitely makes me more comfortable about ordering from them in the future though.

I have been really debating over buying one of these. A few weeks ago I bought a used collector's edition for $17 from Gamestop just to have one. I'm now thinking seriously about having a sealed one since I'm a big Fallout fan.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']I bought two and received them today. I already own one but I wanted two more so I can use one to replace my current bobblehead since it has a big paint chip in the back of the head and one to keep sealed. I opened one to get the bobblehead out and it was broken off the stand and all chipped up so I called up Sears (1-800-349-4358 is anyone else has issues) asking to exchange it for another one and after about 10 minutes total they said they would just send me a refund (by mail in 3-5 business days) for the one that is broken instead. Thumbs up for Sears customer service but I am still pretty disappointed since I really wanted to replace my current bobblehead. This definitely makes me more comfortable about ordering from them in the future though.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one from Target.com about a week and a half ago and when I got it the slip cover was warped, the lunchbox dented on the back and the bobblehead was detached from the base but overall in decent shape. I think the warehouse people use these for sport maybe.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']@sharpeone - do it!

@RedFox - did you call Target and let them know?[/QUOTE]

I just did, and they offered me a refund IF I send the damaged one back to them. Not sure if I want to go through the trouble, plus what are the chances of the next one being in better or worse shape than the one I received...what to do, what to do...

From the posts so far it looks like nobody is interested except people who are already fans. That's really too bad. I paid full price for this set on release, and have no regrets. 35 is a steal for it.

The lunchbox is sturdy and, um... all fallout-y. And the artbook included has really beautiful paintings and some interesting development info. It's small, but interesting. I guess you really can't appreciate the bobblehead until you've played the game.

I recommend the game and the collectors edition. It's just neat to have.

...Although to be honest, I'd probably suggest GOY more. You know, level cap and all...

bread's done
Back