Fallout 3 Collector's Editions (360/PC) $29.99 + FS Amazon

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Anyone know if the New Vegas CE for 360 is going to drop to $30 at all?[/QUOTE]

It's that price at gamestop. It is retailing for $29.99 for the 360

This game is a freaking classic! $30 is a great deal for what you get, the art book, the bobble head and the lunchbox are killer. Couldn't pass it up, thanks you tons OP!

Had to bite on this. I played Fallout and didn't really like it the first time, but I'll give it another go. Plus the extras look cool so... $30 it is...

Really not sure if I want/need this or not, I already have the platinum hits and the game of the year edition....

[quote name='GBAstar']On seperate accounts correct?[/QUOTE]
No same account, one for PC and one for xbox, got the game already just want the extras. You think they wont honor it if i got the two that way?

[quote name='LD_Helix']No same account, one for PC and one for xbox, got the game already just want the extras. You think they wont honor it if i got the two that way?[/QUOTE]

No you are absolutely fine :)

I was just seeing if they lifted the one per accout ban. I wanted a second one for PC but I think I'll just order it on my brother's Amazon account

[quote name='styl3s']ugh i wish they would get PS3 in i don't wanna spend $30 on the 360 or pc version.[/QUOTE]
buy the game used or game of the year edition separate, then buy it for the pc or xbox, do you really want this for the game or the extra stuff?

[quote name='styl3s']ugh i wish they would get PS3 in i don't wanna spend $30 on the 360 or pc version.[/QUOTE]

Wow first time I heard people want the PS3 version over the 360 version... PS3 was buggy as heck.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Wow first time I heard people want the PS3 version over the 360 version... PS3 was buggy as heck.[/QUOTE]

Typically I've found that PS3 CE are more collectible (at least worth more) due to the fact they are targeted by a wider audience (i.e. people anywhere in the world can import an PS3 CE and have it work on their system).

[quote name='GBAstar']Typically I've found that PS3 CE are more collectible (at least worth more) due to the fact they are targeted by a wider audience (i.e. people anywhere in the world can import an PS3 CE and have it work on their system).[/QUOTE]

360 version is fetching a far higher price due to the glitches, as of right now that is.

I thought about reselling one, but it doesn't seem worth the effort (average selling price is around 50 bucks)...especially with the inevitable flood coming ^

sold one for 59.00 ... shipping it directly from amazon with prime. Keeping one for myself, but I'm debating whether to open it or not.

[quote name='ferrari91169']First time I contacted them through chat, I got the same runaround. This was back on July 29th, as I had ordered it on July 28th for $39.99, and on July 29th it was a lightning deal for $29.99. I went through chat, and was told the same thing. There is no post-order price match for any items ordered, you receive the cheapest price when your item ships, and aren't eligible for any refunds even if it changes mere minutes after your item ships.

Right after that, I left the chat and sent an email instead, and never heard back from them...I guess they may have merged it into the chat log maybe and thought that it was a solved issue since I sent it around the same time. I'd decided just to drop it after that...

Until today when it showed as $29.99 without being a lightning deal. So again I contacted them through email, and received a rather quick response, and though I got the same message, I did receive the refund.

The message was as follows:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Fallout 3 Collector's Edition.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $10.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Usually with Amazon CSR's it varies greatly with each different CSR, and eventually you'll get one that agree's with you. Also, in my message I didn't really "threaten" to refuse the package and order a new one, I just mentioned it. Said something along the lines of, "I understand if you are unable to give out a refund, so would my best choice be to refuse shipment, and re-order at the current price?" But that's all I said about it. I don't really see it as a threat anyway, because I have been specifically told twice in the past to do just that by CSR's when the price is lowered on an item that I purchased a day or two after it ships.

Sorry for ranting BTW, and going off topic, just trying to help.[/QUOTE]

I got amazon credit when something went down $5 the day after and it was still in processing and had request cancel on it. They said it save time not to cancel it and resubmit so i got credit.

I am curious since this does not have the 5 extra dlc like the GOTY why are people going nuts over this? The bobble head really that cool? I am on the fence about it i beat this before borrowing it from a friends on a older tag but i want to buy it and need the 5 dlc. My friend no longer has him so installing to the hd is not a option now for me. I see the goty for 22 shipped somewhere but why all the love for this ce? I am on the fence about buying it. I love the game to death but is this something i will kick myself way down the road if i do not buy now? The lunchbox is useless to me i got more expensive statues i rather being displayed. The bobble be cool to put near my game center. I just hate to buy the GOTY for 22 then another 33 or so with NY tax for the ce.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am curious since this does not have the 5 extra dlc like the GOTY why are people going nuts over this? The bobble head really that cool? I am on the fence about it i beat this before borrowing it from a friends on a older tag but i want to buy it and need the 5 dlc. My friend no longer has him so installing to the hd is not a option now for me. I see the goty for 22 shipped somewhere but why all the love for this ce? I am on the fence about buying it. I love the game to death but is this something i will kick myself way down the road if i do not buy now? The lunchbox is useless to me i got more expensive statues i rather being displayed. The bobble be cool to put near my game center. I just hate to buy the GOTY for 22 then another 33 or so with NY tax for the ce.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but you could install the dlc from the GOTY on your hard drive and use the disc that comes with this one to play it. I don't have a 360, but that is my understanding.

[quote name='slowdive21']I could be wrong, but you could install the dlc from the GOTY on your hard drive and use the disc that comes with this one to play it. I don't have a 360, but that is my understanding.[/QUOTE]

Well i mean is it really worth it to buy GOTY and the CE? I want all the DLC with FO3 but the CE does not have it pretty sure. So i know i must buy the GOTY but on the fence to buy the CE. Besides the lunch box is anything must have in it? The art books are cool but i never look at them a 2nd time and they just sit inside boxes never touched.. I love the steel cases special editions get. I am not sure if CE has one. The bobble head looks cool but never seen in person. The lunchbox is nothing i want i am not 12 or a collector of lunchboxes. I would never use it i rather use a paper bag for obvious reasons. :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am curious since this does not have the 5 extra dlc like the GOTY why are people going nuts over this? The bobble head really that cool? I am on the fence about it i beat this before borrowing it from a friends on a older tag but i want to buy it and need the 5 dlc. My friend no longer has him so installing to the hd is not a option now for me. I see the goty for 22 shipped somewhere but why all the love for this ce? I am on the fence about buying it. I love the game to death but is this something i will kick myself way down the road if i do not buy now? The lunchbox is useless to me i got more expensive statues i rather being displayed. The bobble be cool to put near my game center. I just hate to buy the GOTY for 22 then another 33 or so with NY tax for the ce.[/QUOTE]

I am jumping all over this. I have the GOTY edition already, and i absolutely LOVE this game. I have over 600 hours into it, i am obviously all done with the story mode missions, i just enjoy screwing around in the game. I just love wandering around getting into fights, looting, selling things (i have about 500,000 caps built up) LOL

So to answer your question yeah i think the extras are cool enough to buy this. I will be parting it out on ebay. All I really want is the bobble head and the Lunchbox, so the behind the scenes DVD, game, and artbook will all go on ebay and hopefully i can get my 30.00 back from those three items. I thought about just trying to buy the lunchbox and bobblehead on ebay but people are asking crazy amounts (which is a good sign for me since i want to sell some of the items) :)

Only reason people would want it is because of the extra physical swag. If you have no interest in it or no space for it, then there's no reason to get it, especially if you have the GotY.

I'm a swag man, and want the extra goodies. And the price is right :) Although with the stock amazon seemed to happen upon, if may pop down to $20.

Even though I could probably buy the game alone for less then $10, I am a sucker for collectors editions. The minute I bought this, I called my nearest Gamestop for the Fallout NV CE and they had it in stock as well! Both collectors editions for 60 bucks is a steal!

I got a PC version from BestBuy for $30 about 2 years ago I think and it's still sealed. I ended up getting the 360 GOTY edition and have yet to finish it. I am wondering if I should try and sell it and get the 360 version instead.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Well i mean is it really worth it to buy GOTY and the CE? I want all the DLC with FO3 but the CE does not have it pretty sure. So i know i must buy the GOTY but on the fence to buy the CE. Besides the lunch box is anything must have in it? The art books are cool but i never look at them a 2nd time and they just sit inside boxes never touched.. I love the steel cases special editions get. I am not sure if CE has one. The bobble head looks cool but never seen in person. The lunchbox is nothing i want i am not 12 or a collector of lunchboxes. I would never use it i rather use a paper bag for obvious reasons. :)[/QUOTE]

To clear up a couple of things... 1. The CE does NOT come in a special steel case, just a regular copy of the game. 2. The art book and making of dvd are actually very cool, having platinumed the GOTY on PS3, it was cool to go back and see the perspective the developers had. 3. The lunchbox looks swag to display ;p Did you ever think of just RENTING the GOTY version? Once you have a save file, you just download the DLC ONCE, and you've got it.

[quote name='RealDeals']To clear up a couple of things... 1. The CE does NOT come in a special steel case, just a regular copy of the game. 2. The art book and making of dvd are actually very cool, having platinumed the GOTY on PS3, it was cool to go back and see the perspective the developers had. 3. The lunchbox looks swag to display ;p Did you ever think of just RENTING the GOTY version? Once you have a save file, you just download the DLC ONCE, and you've got it.[/QUOTE]

i beleive you have to still have the physical copy to keep playing the dlc. this was tempting but the lack of a steel case and this not being the pipboy edition sucks for me. id love that pip boy clock even if its cheaply made. the lunchbox is ok for display but nothing else.

Unlike other additional compared to net stores by which you consistently should undoubtedly retain eyesight within your credit history track record background card, buy cheap ugg boots on selling is only just one this sort of additional compared to net store that will assure you complete defense and danger 100 % 100 % free of retailing price shopping.

[quote name='iggypop123']i beleive you have to still have the physical copy to keep playing the dlc. this was tempting but the lack of a steel case and this not being the pipboy edition sucks for me. id love that pip boy clock even if its cheaply made. the lunchbox is ok for display but nothing else.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the pipboy version goes for several hundred dollars right?

[quote name='iggypop123']i beleive you have to still have the physical copy to keep playing the dlc. this was tempting but the lack of a steel case and this not being the pipboy edition sucks for me. id love that pip boy clock even if its cheaply made. the lunchbox is ok for display but nothing else.[/QUOTE]

That's the case for the PS3 version, but the 360 version actually saves the 2.2 GBs of DLC on the hard drive and then just loads from there.

free shipping fr 30 bucks that's a great deal xbox360 version. I will not open this and keep it my collection maybe 4-6 years from now this thing will be worth over $100

[quote name='GBAstar']You do realize that the pipboy version goes for several hundred dollars right?[/QUOTE]

Pipboy eh? That's RobCo tech and I will certainly have none of that in my house. :lol:

[quote name='GBAstar']You do realize that the pipboy version goes for several hundred dollars right?[/QUOTE]

yeah i just realized that was exclusive to amazon which explains why they have a surplus of the collectors edition and not the survival.

[quote name='RealDeals']That's the case for the PS3 version, but the 360 version actually saves the 2.2 GBs of DLC on the hard drive and then just loads from there.[/QUOTE]

Yup I had both the original and the GOTY. When GS had a promo I traded in the GOTY for $28 and I'm still playing the original with all the dlc loading fine.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']^when i go to the checkout process after i choose address it saysthe item is out of stock[/QUOTE]
345 360 versions left as of right now.

[quote name='thenutman69321']345 360 versions left as of right now.[/QUOTE]
yeah but after i choose my address it takes me to a page where they say they are out of stock

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']yeah but after i choose my address it takes me to a page where they say they are out of stock[/QUOTE]

Have you ordered one in the past?

then it hasn't reset the "purchase window". Usually when they limit an item to one per account you have to wait about 5 business days or so until it will reset and let you purchase another one. I had to deal with this when the PS3 Sharp Shooter first came out.

bread's done
Back