Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='cindersphere']I think he was kidding. Man Homework sucks. Hoping to play this after my homework is done.[/quote]
Actually, I wasn't... it is located under "Spotlight", first ad, can't miss it. It's been available for a couple hours now, for some reason it doesn't list under "Game Add-Ons" yet.

[quote name='MikeydCT']should I get the game now or wait to see if there is a game of the year edition with all 3 DLC's?[/quote]
I'm waiting. I borrowed the game from HotShotX and beat it, i'll wait for a GotY edition with all 4 (or more) DLC packs included.

You achievement whores might want to hold off playing Broken Steel for a little while, there's an issue with the new achievements not appearing on your profile after you unlock them.

I unlocked a new achievement and it still shows my score for fallout as 1200/1200 and my total gamerscore did not go up at all. Glad I have a save right before I unlocked it.

So...why do the bug testers at Bethesda still have jobs at this point? Assuming of course they had bug testers to begin with.

So, I just got done downloading Broken Steel. Will I need to redownload it once they fix it? Or just download a patch? I really don't want to have redownload all of it again.

I still am in the process of playing through Operation Anchorage and then I need to play through The Pitt and the last few story missions before I would get into Broken Steel.

[quote name='Scorch']*crosses fingers* pleaseuploadtherightbuildpleaseuploadtherightbuild[/quote]

Dammit.

Why can't they release DLC without any problems!?

[quote name='Scorch']Dammit.

Why can't they release DLC without any problems!?[/QUOTE]

This is why you wait for the GOTY edition to release. I actually sold mine after beating it (keeping the LE content of course) and am just gonna pick that edition up when they iron out all the bugs.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm...I'll wait till the bugs clear...here's another one reported from Kotaku:[/quote]

"Another" bug? That's the only one that I've read about.

You'll have to excuse my friend up there.. he's a little slow.

I want to go home and buy this, but I don't want any buggies in my game. >:[

[quote name='Scorch']"Another" bug? That's the only one that I've read about.[/quote]

Someone just mentioned an achievement bug a few posts up.

TFN, I waited a while to play this game, there was already a few updates when I first started up, I haven't ran into anything major besides getting stuck in a booth or the sky turning black during the day...I'm sure if any issues arise they'll patch it up again shortly, since I haven't even finished the game yet (still at level 10) I can wait.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Someone just mentioned an achievement bug a few posts up.

TFN, I waited a while to play this game, there was already a few updates when I first started up, I haven't ran into anything major besides getting stuck in a booth or the sky turning black during the day...I'm sure if any issues arise they'll patch it up again shortly, since I haven't even finished the game yet (still at level 10) I can wait.[/quote]I didn't run into any glitches during the main story/OA/The Pitt, so I'm cool with that. I have my save right before the last mission now and I'm capped at 20. MAYBE I'LL JUST WAIT ANOTHER DAY TO BUY BROKEN STEEL IF THATS OKAY WITH YOU, MR. MICKEYTRON.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I didn't run into any glitches during the main story/OA/The Pitt, so I'm cool with that. I have my save right before the last mission now and I'm capped at 20. MAYBE I'LL JUST WAIT ANOTHER DAY TO BUY BROKEN STEEL IF THATS OKAY WITH YOU, MR. MICKEYTRON.[/quote]

Dude calm down. Buy whatever you want...in fact buy one for me too :D

Well, I guess I'm waiting a little longer to pick this one up, then. I'm not really all that interested in every piece of DLC this game is going to offer, so no need for me to wait for a GOTY.

I've been playing Broken Steel. Luckily I haven't run into any bugs so far. I've been getting achievements, and was able to activate Project Purity fine.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Someone just mentioned an achievement bug a few posts up.[/quote]

Right, but I hardly call that a game breaking bug that would prevent someone from buying it. The inability to activate Project Purity is the game breaking only bug I've heard about so far that would prevent someone from buying it.

Not being able to activate project purity is the result of not downloading the most recent update. This happens when you download the DLC and then start up Fallout 3 after disconnecting from live. If you start up the game while still connected you will download the update and all will be well.

I guess the achievement issue is a microsoft problem, and not a fault of bethesda.

I made a separate save before starting up the dlc. Figured something like this could happen but so far I haven't experienced any glitches and am enjoying going around the wasteland in my rocking new armor.
EDIT: Nevermind, didn't get my achievements. Will wait until they fix it and play my other games. Sucks but not as big a deal as the pitt's problems because at least those who don't care about achievements will have fun.

[quote name='Scorch']Right, but I hardly call that a game breaking bug that would prevent someone from buying it. The inability to activate Project Purity is the game breaking only bug I've heard about so far that would prevent someone from buying it.[/QUOTE]
Why do you do this in every thread?

[quote name='seanr1221']Are the achievement issues wide-spread?[/quote]

Hard to tell because there are so many separate threads on the Bethesda forums about DLC issues, I don't wanna spend hours sorting through it all. It sounds like only (a) certain achievement (s)
Death From Above was the one I saw mentioned the most so far
is/are affected. Doesn't sound like all the DLC's achievements are broken as of this writing.

That, and people are complaining about freezing, not being able to interact with certain NPCs, not being able visit certain places. It's a kind of a mess right now, so if you're really concerned, I'd just wait it out a couple of days.

Just downloaded the DLC but I probably won't get to it until tonight. I've intentionally held up on making any more progress in this game (I'm at the last mission but with many side missions to go) until the level cap goes up.

I'm just looking forward to going back to this game.

I have The Pitt and BS downloading now, but will the level cap raise right when BS is installed? Or do I have to finish the last mission for that?

[quote name='seanr1221']I have The Pitt and BS downloading now, but will the level cap raise right when BS is installed? Or do I have to finish the last mission for that?[/quote]I got both today too. When you start playing about a minute in you will get a message about a distress signal (for the pitt dlc) then a little after that you will get a message about the level cap raise to 30.

Gonna be a short while before i DL this but cant wait, this game is easily one of my favs in a long long time...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If I download this, is the level cap automatically introduced? Or do I have to wait until I reach the original ending?[/QUOTE]

The answer is 3 posts above yours.

---

I downloaded both expansions and my achievements are messed up :whistle2:|

Oh well, I'm going to focus on The Pitt and side missions until they fix it.

achievements unlock but are not added to your gamer score or game total for me. Oddly enough, it says 58 total achievements in the details but has 64 when you scroll through them all.

Do you think they will come out with a GOTY edition? I already had Fallout, beat the crap out of it then traded in, and instead of buying it again and then buying all the DLC and taking up hard drive space it would be really convenient if they released a GOTY edition with it all included. Think it's going to happen?

[quote name='Nealocus123']Do you think they will come out with a GOTY edition? I already had Fallout, beat the crap out of it then traded in, and instead of buying it again and then buying all the DLC and taking up hard drive space it would be really convenient if they released a GOTY edition with it all included. Think it's going to happen?[/quote]

Of course it will happen. They just need to milk the download money first. I would expect the GOTY edition sometime around Christmas.

bread's done
Back