Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

I completed the Declaration Of Independence mission last night...funny thing is that when I got to the end and I talked to the robot, he tells me to go get some special ink from some library...I said "fuck that" and I shot him in the head :lol:

Do I need to do anything special to get the Operation Anchorage Radio Message? I bought the Pitt and Anchorage double pack that came out today. I also bought Broken Steel.

When I installed everything, I started up the game and got 2 radio messages right away. 1 is for Pitt. The other is for Broken Steel. I assumed I was supposed to get one for Operation Anchorage. Am I supposed to something special to get it?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I completed the Declaration Of Independence mission last night...funny thing is that when I got to the end and I talked to the robot, he tells me to go get some special ink from some library...I said "fuck that" and I shot him in the head :lol:[/QUOTE]

hahahah! I played through that quest like 4 times and I've never wanted to do that either.

I'm playing Broken Steel now and am loving it. I've got to grab the Fallout Trilogy pack on PC, because of those game are as good as the scary fanboys claim, I can't imagine playing anything else for the next few months.

[quote name='schuerm26']Do I need to do anything special to get the Operation Anchorage Radio Message? I bought the Pitt and Anchorage double pack that came out today. I also bought Broken Steel.

When I installed everything, I started up the game and got 2 radio messages right away. 1 is for Pitt. The other is for Broken Steel. I assumed I was supposed to get one for Operation Anchorage. Am I supposed to something special to get it?[/QUOTE]

Bump for an answer hopefully.

[quote name='schuerm26']Bump for an answer hopefully.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to do anything in particular for the OA radio message besides wander around the Wasteland for a few minutes.

[quote name='schuerm26']Bump for an answer hopefully.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember there being a radio signal for broken steel. Are you sure you didn't get the Anchorage one already?

If not, just walk around and do stuff, and eventually you might get it.

[quote name='ihadFG']I don't remember there being a radio signal for broken steel. Are you sure you didn't get the Anchorage one already?

If not, just walk around and do stuff, and eventually you might get it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Maybe I assumed it was for Broken Steel and it actually was anchorage? Does anyone remember what it says in the quest screen for Anchorage?

You might be right, because Broken Steel starts when you wake up 2 weeks later. Am I right on that? I literally just did the ending so I just woke up.

Maybe I had it all along and just got confused on which mission was for what.

[quote name='schuerm26']Hmm. Maybe I assumed it was for Broken Steel and it actually was anchorage? Does anyone remember what it says in the quest screen for Anchorage?

You might be right, because Broken Steel starts when you wake up 2 weeks later. Am I right on that? I literally just did the ending so I just woke up.

Maybe I had it all along and just got confused on which mission was for what.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think it actually said anything for Broken Steel in the quest screen. You have to beat the game and wake up 2 weeks later first, then you can start the Broken Steel missions.

If you're waiting for the Anchorage/Pitt disc pack, Gamestop stores should already have it and are selling it. I just bought mine, they had it in the behind-the-counter display with other newly released games. I think my store only had 2 copies though.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I don't think it actually said anything for Broken Steel in the quest screen. You have to beat the game and wake up 2 weeks later first, then you can start the Broken Steel missions.[/QUOTE]

well it does give you a notice, it says something like "broken steel has been added, your level cap has been raised" or something like that

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you're waiting for the Anchorage/Pitt disc pack, Gamestop stores should already have it and are selling it. I just bought mine, they had it in the behind-the-counter display with other newly released games. I think my store only had 2 copies though.[/QUOTE]

Do the discs work like Shivering Isles? Meaning could we just rent or borrow install and return?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do the discs work like Shivering Isles? Meaning could we just rent or borrow install and return?[/QUOTE]

that's what i want to know. i want O.A but i don't think its worth 10 bucks, i already have the pitt (big mistake buying this) and broken steel (this one was worth $10 IMO) but i want to play O.A but not for $10 lol.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do the discs work like Shivering Isles? Meaning could we just rent or borrow install and return?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Gamestop guys I know were already asking me to trade it in later so they could all rent the copy and install it. Kinda surprising Bethesda is staying with the disc as Tomb Raider, GTA, Patapon 2, and the upcoming Gears 2 retail DLC bundles are all codes, no discs.

I doubt this will be in retail stores, just like how the Tomb Raider and GTA DLC packs weren't. You'll have to borrow a copy or buy a used Gamestop copy and return it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yep.

Gamestop guys I know were already asking me to trade it in later so they could all rent the copy and install it. Kinda surprising Bethesda is staying with the disc as Tomb Raider, GTA, Patapon 2, and the upcoming Gears 2 retail DLC bundles are all codes, no discs.

I doubt this will be in retail stores, just like how the Tomb Raider and GTA DLC packs weren't. You'll have to borrow a copy or buy a used Gamestop copy and return it.[/QUOTE]

nice, now i just have to hope one of my friends buy the disc

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yep.

I doubt this will be in retail stores, just like how the Tomb Raider and GTA DLC packs weren't. You'll have to borrow a copy or buy a used Gamestop copy and return it.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, they were on a disc? I thought it was just a redeemable code or something. I'm really surprised they did that.

[quote name='jp0213']Holy shit, they were on a disc? I thought it was just a redeemable code or something. I'm really surprised they did that.[/QUOTE]

Should we start a CAG rental service? Anyone want to rent mine for $3 and then they can rent it to another CAG for $3? Is that how it would work?

I installed mine and you just go back to the game disc after that.

[quote name='schuerm26']Should we start a CAG rental service? Anyone want to rent mine for $3 and then they can rent it to another CAG for $3? Is that how it would work?

I installed mine and you just go back to the game disc after that.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, thatd be nice if youd do that i wouldnt mind getting O.A

[quote name='schuerm26']oh. Operation Anchorage. Are we 100% positive I won't need the disc again for anything?[/QUOTE]

with oblivion GOTY you didnt, so i would imagine not

Im game for it. I want to make a thread where everyone who gets my disc posts in so I can see how many people got it and where it is. Any ideas on how to do it?

Only stipulation would be that the next person has to buy it for the exact same price. Good idea, bad idea?

well i know they had a lending circle for the data migration kit, and they made it in the xbox 360 discussion forum, and whoever wanted it just posted and the op organized a list of who it would go to next and after that an so on.

oh and yes i think it should be the same price for everyone, and maybee a no beginer rule or something like that? i know with the cable i believe you had to have an i-trader of 15 or 20 or have been here atleast a year or something like that(just to make sure nobody swipes it for themselves)

[quote name='schuerm26']Im game for it. I want to make a thread where everyone who gets my disc posts in so I can see how many people got it and where it is. Any ideas on how to do it?

Only stipulation would be that the next person has to buy it for the exact same price. Good idea, bad idea?[/QUOTE]
Well let me know when you start, I would gladly be into being one of the first few on that list. I know there was a lending circle for the migration kit and I think a lending circle for the Oblivion stuff but i can't seem to find them anywhere. Your general layout is pretty much to par with the other lending circles.

Crzyjoeguy, do you want it? If you need it since you have helped me out here I can send it to you.

What is a fair price do you think $5?

It will cost a little over $2 to send it First Class Mail I think so that to me would seem fair.

JP0213 will be second. First if Crzyjoeguy doesn't need it.

Im starting a thread in the XBOX360 forum. Just waiting on Crzyjoe answer

yeah ill take it first, but how do we pay? paypal? if so that is fine but i cant pay til' monday (i have to go deposit money, cash though so it will clear instantly) and $5 seems fair being as you will have to buy a bubble mailer, then like you said $2+ for first class so thats fine by me

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']yeah ill take it first, but how do we pay? paypal? if so that is fine but i cant pay til' monday (i have to go deposit money, cash though so it will clear instantly)[/QUOTE]

Paypal or money order is fine with me. I started the thread. You are first.

I can't ship it until Tuesday anyways since Monday is memorial day.

[quote name='schuerm26']Paypal or money order is fine with me. I started the thread. You are first.

I can't ship it until Tuesday anyways since Monday is memorial day.[/QUOTE]

oooo i forgot monday was memorial day, so i wont be able to go to the bank until tuesday since they are closed. but i could pay tuesday right after i go to the bank.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']oooo i forgot monday was memorial day, so i wont be able to go to the bank until tuesday since they are closed. but i could pay tuesday right after i go to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. PM me your address and Ill print a label and drop it off tomorrow. Should go out very early Tuesday morning.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the manual for the Pitt/Anchorage has an add for the next expansion disc.

It is for Broken Steel/Point Lookout and it says the disc will be out in August.

Maybe mentioned already in this thread but I thought I would point it out just in case it hasn't.

The picture for Point Lookout doesn't look like anything in the current game. Green land with a river or lake in it.

[quote name='schuerm26']Not sure if this has been mentioned but the manual for the Pitt/Anchorage has an add for the next expansion disc.

It is for Broken Steel/Point Lookout and it says the disc will be out in August.

Maybe mentioned already in this thread but I thought I would point it out just in case it hasn't.

The picture for Point Lookout doesn't look like anything in the current game. Green land with a river or lake in it.[/QUOTE]

yes, point lookout is based on maryland's national park :lol:(i believe) so i cant wait to play it

From what I have read so far, Point Lookout will be drastically different from the rest of Fallout 3. Essentially, this area was unscathed by the Great War. For the most part, except for the obvious deterioration over the years, it will look very much like it did before the war. Very little of the existing elements will be re-used for the environment.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']yes, point lookout is based on maryland's national park :lol:(i believe) so i cant wait to play it[/QUOTE]

You ever heard of Point Lookout in MD? I haven't.

hmm...
so was it technically possible to buy a used copy of shivering isles for 360 at gamestop. install it, and then return it before the 7 days were up?

cause if so... sounds like that's what I'll be doing with fallout

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']I wasn't asking if it was real I was asking if joe had ever heard of it... I'm from Baltimore and I never have. :\[/QUOTE]

yeah i have heard of it, but have never been there.

So, I went to Best Buy to look for the Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack but they had no idea what I was talking about. After getting back home I searched through google shopping and it looks like its only available online at Amazon, Buy and Ebay. Don't really have to have it as I have a lot more left in the game but since we were next to the Best Buy I wanted to check. Funny the chick working there telling me they have point cards and I'm like no this is the new content for Fallout 3 but on a disc instead of just a code. lol

[quote name='Spybreak8']So, I went to Best Buy to look for the Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack but they had no idea what I was talking about. After getting back home I searched through google shopping and it looks like its only available online at Amazon, Buy and Ebay. Don't really have to have it as I have a lot more left in the game but since we were next to the Best Buy I wanted to check. Funny the chick working there telling me they have point cards and I'm like no this is the new content for Fallout 3 but on a disc instead of just a code. lol[/QUOTE]

It seems Best Buy is not carrying it, since I couldn't find it there either...I bought mine at Target this past Tuesday so check there.

EDIT: Saw it at Best Buy a couple days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the achievements for Point Lookout have been revealed. Three are apparently story-related or quests, and they are worth 20 GP. And the forth one is for finding all of the locations in the DLC, and that gets the other 40 GP.

bread's done
Back