Fallout 3: GOTY edition $40 (Amazon, FS, PS3)

false alert
Target is selling it for $40 plus shipping and does NOT qualify for the "Spend 80, get 20 Promo".
If you want to get it from Amazon, the price is 56.99

shout out to LordKefka06 for some activity in here. Names Vandlozer, what's up everybody. i still need that..................... Well i won't bring that up in the forum. Well let me keep looking around, be back later.

While this is a deal, I just don't think that it's a very good one (at least for me). Sure, Fallout 3 is $36.99 on Amazon. But, tax and shipping brings everything up to $46. It's times like this, I wish I weren't living in NY :(. It's even higher on Target's site.

quick question, can i print the target page and pricematch at best buy? i think $40 is pretty good considering it has the all the dlc.

also is the ps3 goty still plagued with all the bugs and freezes the original had?

Is this the same price in store? Might not be so bad with the $10 two games coupon. Might pick it up if I cant find any of the expansions on clearance.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']quick question, can i print the target page and pricematch at best buy? i think $40 is pretty good considering it has the all the dlc.

also is the ps3 goty still plagued with all the bugs and freezes the original had?[/QUOTE]

Do no buy this game if you had trouble with the original. The GOTY edition is plagued far worst than the original version, the DLCs messed up the game even more. If you were able to play the original you shouldn't have much problems with the GOTY edition but if you couldn't play the original rent and try it out do not buy.

The DLCs have been released on the PS3 since September and ps3 owners have been asking for a patch since then, Beth has not responded and its clear they are moving on past the game since they already milked out the money they wanted.

[quote name='SaveSome']The DLCs have been released on the PS3 since September and ps3 owners have been asking for a patch since then, Beth has not responded and its clear they are moving on past the game since they already milked out the money they wanted.[/QUOTE]Yeah, they are already working on Fallout: New Vegas.

Fallout: New Vegas is being made by a different company. (the one that made the first two games in the series)

[quote name='SaveSome']Do no buy this game if you had trouble with the original. The GOTY edition is plagued far worst than the original version, the DLCs messed up the game even more. If you were able to play the original you shouldn't have much problems with the GOTY edition but if you couldn't play the original rent and try it out do not buy.

The DLCs have been released on the PS3 since September and ps3 owners have been asking for a patch since then, Beth has not responded and its clear they are moving on past the game since they already milked out the money they wanted.[/QUOTE]

I got the GOTY edition when this first went on sale at Target a month ago. No problems during my play. Not sure what you're referring to

[quote name='wbc1228']false alert
Target is selling it for $40 plus shipping and does NOT qualify for the "Spend 80, get 20 Promo".
If you want to get it from Amazon, the price is 56.99[/QUOTE]
Is there some sort of coupon code that we can use on Amazon?
p.gif

For what its worth, if you guys are looking for the CE edition with the lunch box that came out last year, many stores have them marked down to 40. For example, gamestops/whatnot.

Both are a great deal :)

[quote name='LordKefka06']Yeah, they are already working on Fallout: New Vegas.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
That's a very good sign, I am eagerly awaiting the release.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I got the GOTY edition when this first went on sale at Target a month ago. No problems during my play. Not sure what you're referring to[/QUOTE]

I've been reading some of the reviews on the PS3 version on Amazon and there were a number of comments on game lockups which kept me from jumping in on this deal and wanting to wait to get the XB360 version instead. Let me know how far into the game you are in without experiencing any of these problems.

[quote name='consoleman'] Let me know how far into the game you are in without experiencing any of these problems.[/QUOTE]

I have been playing from my previous game save (Fallout 3 non GOTY Ed) and have had 0 issues so far aside from trying to remember what the hell I was doing where my game was saved lol.

Also just a note, this game will be on sale for 19.99 at BB on BF so either wait to pick it up then or just price match it now at BB for the $40 and go back while its on sale and get the $20 difference back too!

I have the GOTY edition and I had no problems with the game, but Point Lookout and the Pitt were buggy as hell. But apparently so were the downloadable versions.

[quote name='metrognome']I have been playing from my previous game save (Fallout 3 non GOTY Ed) and have had 0 issues so far aside from trying to remember what the hell I was doing where my game was saved lol.

Also just a note, this game will be on sale for 19.99 at BB on BF so either wait to pick it up then or just price match it now at BB for the $40 and go back while its on sale and get the $20 difference back too![/QUOTE]

Nice!! Ninja tactics.

[quote name='metrognome']Also just a note, this game will be on sale for 19.99 at BB on BF so either wait to pick it up then or just price match it now at BB for the $40 and go back while its on sale and get the $20 difference back too![/QUOTE]Just to clarify. This deal your talking about is only for the normal edition. Here is a scan to prove it from the CAG BF deal thread (look at the bottom right).

Also, on my playthrough with the normal edition, I had only 1 problem the whole game & that was when it freezed at the very end
When your fighting alongside the big robot.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Just to clarify. This deal your talking about is only for the normal edition. Here is a scan to prove it from the CAG BF deal thread (look at the bottom right).
[/QUOTE]

bummer, couldn't read that text clearly before. Just saw it said Game of the Year Edition underneath. Oh well, still an awesome game for $40 for those who didnt already buy all the DLC

thanks evyone for the replies! i never got the original because by the time I was finally gonna purchase it the GOTY edition was announced >.<

okay so by what i read some are having problems, others aren't. and it's mostly the dlc. hmmm.... this is definitely somethg to consider! thanks evyone!!

[quote name='metrognome']I have been playing from my previous game save (Fallout 3 non GOTY Ed) and have had 0 issues so far aside from trying to remember what the hell I was doing where my game was saved lol.

Also just a note, this game will be on sale for 19.99 at BB on BF so either wait to pick it up then or just price match it now at BB for the $40 and go back while its on sale and get the $20 difference back too![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I might consider getting the regular edition at $19.99. As much as I love the extra DLC stuff, if it's going to be buggy, I can do without it.

I had trouble finding this, but is this $40 price only online at target or are they doing this at the stores too?

I think it's just online last time I checked stores. Best you can do is print out the site and match it at Best Buy, which is what I did.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']quick question, can i print the target page and pricematch at best buy? i think $40 is pretty good considering it has the all the dlc.

also is the ps3 goty still plagued with all the bugs and freezes the original had?[/QUOTE]

I did it last weekend. Worked perfectly. Just print the in the cart page, cause everything else will show out of stock ;)

I am really not sure what all the problems people are talking about on the PS3 version of the original or the GOTY ed are, I have played both and never had any problems. The GOTY ed installed the DLCs automatically and also didn't seem to cause any problems. Also I believe at some point early on the was at least one patch to the original that fixed whatever problems were there at launch.

either way, I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up cuz it is a great game.

[quote name='berzirk']I did it last weekend. Worked perfectly. Just print the in the cart page, cause everything else will show out of stock ;)[/QUOTE]

got it!! i will do that! thx!!

[quote name='metrognome']I am really not sure what all the problems people are talking about on the PS3 version of the original or the GOTY ed are, I have played both and never had any problems. The GOTY ed installed the DLCs automatically and also didn't seem to cause any problems. Also I believe at some point early on the was at least one patch to the original that fixed whatever problems were there at launch.

either way, I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up cuz it is a great game.[/QUOTE]

I guess it must be random or smthg. I'll definitely get it anyways. I've been wanting this game for so long. At $40 it's a great deal even with the possibility of problems.

Thx again evyone for the input and help!!! :D

[quote name='Maxwell31']Only at Target. Still $56.99 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just meant you could buy it from Target through Amazon if you were so inclined.

[quote name='The Linguist']Yeah I just meant you could buy it from Target through Amazon if you were so inclined.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why Amazon hasn't matched it yet? Would be great to get it at forty through Amazon with free shipping.

[quote name='Maxwell31']I don't know why Amazon hasn't matched it yet? Would be great to get it at forty through Amazon with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm holding out for an official $29.99 price drop, just like the "Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition". :) And then I'd score it on Newegg with free shipping, and no tax!

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Personally, I'm holding out for an official $29.99 price drop, just like the "Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition". :) And then I'd score it on Newegg with free shipping, and no tax![/QUOTE]QFT. I'm just gonna get Borderlands while I wait.

This is a pretty pwn deal, I would jump on it but what Feral Lynx mentioned makes me hesitant. Is the 29.99usd deal common for Bethesda games?

Actually, I don't think a price drop will be coming for the F3 GOTY edition. Because that would stop a lot of people from buying 'Fallout: New Vegas' & instead get F3: GOTY.

[quote name='tosheeb']This is a pretty pwn deal, I would jump on it but what Feral Lynx mentioned makes me hesitant. Is the 29.99usd deal common for Bethesda games?[/QUOTE]

Oblivion GOTY, other then that IDK

Grarghhhhh!!!!!! :hot:

I ordered it yesterday at $56.99!!!

I emailed and asked about crediting the difference... Sorry, No!

Well I might just have to order a second copy at the new price and return the defective higher priced one!

I'm 50-50 if I should pick this up or not, since a lot of people have noted that there is a lot of bugs & freezes etc...

What do you guys think I should do?

bread's done
Back