Fallout 3 PC Add-Ons $7.99 - Broken Steel + Point Lookout, Anchorage + Pitt

Been waiting for a sick deal on these. These normally went for $20 too, so I'll definitely take $8. I loved Fallout 3 and I wouldn't mind playing it over from the start with the level cap at 30. Very nice find, OP. In for Broken Steel/Point Lookout, easily the best of the bunch.

I would totally get in on this if GFWL hadn't fucked up my copy of Fallout3. Can't log in the service and whenever I can get into the game it looks like really bad. This is after multiple uninstalls and reinstalls. Don't know what happened as it worked just fine when I first got it. Anyway, /rant.

A good deal anyway for those whose copies work.

They just updated GFWL, might be worth another try if that really is your issue. Not sure what it has to do with how a game looks.

[quote name='turls']They just updated GFWL, might be worth another try if that really is your issue. Not sure what it has to do with how a game looks.[/QUOTE]

Nor do I. But that's what happened when my GFWL troubles started up. Maybe the two aren't connected at all and it's something else causing it, but I like to make GFWL the scapegoat.

I figure though I'll just pick up the GotY edition during a Steam sale though and get a fresh start with a new copy.

Hmm already have Broken Steel, so $16 for the remaining 3 is ~$5.33 for each. Guess that's still a pretty solid deal. Thanks OP.

I've been waiting forever for a decent deal on the GOTY edition with all the DLC baked in, but $4 each for 4 of the 5 packs is too good to pass up. I'd rather have Mothership Zeta than Operation: Anchorage, but whatever.

[quote name='Ardrid'] In for Broken Steel/Point Lookout, easily the best of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

This is definitely the case, for anyone on the fence. Far and away the two best addons.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Pretty great deal if you've been waiting on a GotY to replace your vanilla copy. I hear Zeta sucked anyway.[/QUOTE]

Same. Anchorage and Zeta were more like corridor shooters it seemed.

[quote name='MysterD']Why did Mothership Zeta not get a release on disc?[/QUOTE]

It was more of a small and insignificant release, and all of the DLC disks had 2 add-ons, and Zeta would have had to have a release just for itself.

[quote name='MysterD']Why did Mothership Zeta not get a release on disc?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself. Also are there any major bugs with the PC DLC? I have the original release but it was lost in my backlog and I haven't finished it. Wondering if I should just go back and finish it while I wait on New Vegas or if I should jump on the DLC content as well.

I see that Mothership Zeta on G4WL costs about 800 MS points (equal to $10) to buy-to-download.
Why the heck can't they sell that in actual USD on there?

[quote name='MysterD']I see that Mothership Zeta on G4WL costs about 800 MS points (equal to $10) to buy-to-download.
Why the heck can't they sell that in actual USD on there?[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, they didn't want to box it individually. The other "packs" all had 2 of these add-ons in them, Mothership Zeta is kind of the odd man out. IMO, you won't really miss it though. I think the 3 good ones are Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and the Pitt. Other 2 are very much skippable unless you really love FO3's combat.

A couple months back though, they did a 50% off DLC for the 360 version on LIVE which was roughly equivalent to this deal. Maybe GFWL will do something similar at some point for the PC version if you really want to pick up Zeta on the cheap.

[quote name='pstriple']For whatever reason, they didn't want to box it individually. The other "packs" all had 2 of these add-ons in them, Mothership Zeta is kind of the odd man out. IMO, you won't really miss it though. I think the 3 good ones are Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and the Pitt. Other 2 are very much skippable unless you really love FO3's combat.[/quote]
They should've done a 6th DLC so they could package Mothership Zeta w/ DLC #6 on disc. :p

A couple months back though, they did a 50% off DLC for the 360 version on LIVE which was roughly equivalent to this deal. Maybe GFWL will do something similar at some point for the PC version if you really want to pick up Zeta on the cheap.

That doesn't my answer of question of why FO3 Mothership Zeta DLC ain't sold to buy-to-download in USD (US Dollars) currency on G4WL instead of MS points...

A 6th DLC to do more specific battling against the super mutants with Lyons Pride would have been fun. A sniper mission with those two jokers who think they are the best shots in the Brotherhood. Would have been some good banter there. Also a stealth/special ops mission with Gallows, lots of options.

If you are only going to get one, get Lookout/Steel. The others don't measure up as well. Steel's quest line, especially in the 2nd half is pretty action packed and a lot of fun. Lookout is more traditional explore and experience/quest fare, but its very well done and challenging due to hardiness of the locals. When you run into more "normal" enemies, its almost like a relief they are so easy in comparison.

[quote name='MysterD']They should've done a 6th DLC so they could package Mothership Zeta w/ DLC #6 on disc. :p

That doesn't my answer of question of why FO3 Mothership Zeta DLC ain't sold to buy-to-download in USD (US Dollars) currency on G4WL instead of MS points...[/QUOTE]

What DLC is sold on LIVE that you can buy with actual money? Only thing you can use a credit card with is Games on Demand stuff I think. Why can't you use a credit card for everything on LIVE? Ask Microsoft, doesn't make any sense to me.

Picked up the good one (Broken Steel & Point Lookout). Thanks OP.

Hope it installs on the Steam version... :p

[quote name='MysterD']

That doesn't my answer of question of why FO3 Mothership Zeta DLC ain't sold to buy-to-download in USD (US Dollars) currency on G4WL instead of MS points...[/QUOTE]

MS does it for everything in their store. it is to get around tax issues. since you are not buying anything from LIVE, you are using your existing points (digital content) to exchange for games (digital content). in effect it is the same as you buying something from a vendor in an MMO.

MS is/was afraid that USA lawmakers will attempt to tax LIVE transactions (which will be a logistical mess for MS and a hassle for us). Instead it is preferred to pay sales tax upfront when you buy the points card (or go around tax altogether if you buy online).

So, okay - I sound like a n00b and all...

Can you buy a XB Live MS Points Card and use that on G4WL?
(I'm asking b/c your XB Live and G4WL accounts are tied together.)

Also, where do you go online to just buy MS points directly from Microsoft via Credit card?

Yes, you can buy a card, add the points and use that on GFWL Games on Demand.

You can buy points via Credit card via Xbox.com

Log in, click on Marketplace, Click on My Account and select Add Microsoft Points.. Its all regular prices, $5 for 400 points, etc.

bread's done
Back