Fallout 3 (PC) + Fatal1ty USB Gaming Headset = $57 at Amazon or Fallout $35 solo

Saw this on Amazon as well this morning, awesome deal even if the headset seems to get mixed reviews (at least at BB.com oddly, mostly positive on Amazon and CC) ... I was happy to pay 58 for both.

For those unsure about the headset, I've done some research on headsets in that price range before, and I can safely say that this headset is a very good one. The mic is excellent, the sound quality is superb, the only downside is the Fatality logo :p.

might buy this since i play better on a pc than playin via controller
icon_smile.gif

PC will have patches and user created material.

Think about Oblivion. Depending on your comp rig, it could blow away console graphics are go up to par.

But then it's alllll the add ons that make the difference

Is this dead? I see the deal on the pages for the headset and Fallout but I can't get the discount to display in the checkout.

Wearing the headset right now, it's great. Comfortable. Good sound. Good mic. Play Team Fortress with it all the time. As for Fallout 3 PC Version? Just hop on the bandwagon already. Stop playing WoW.

The deal shows up however as $76.16 now.

Weird deal since Fallout has nothing to do with headsets, but I guess if you're in the market for both, and can forgive yourself for buying something called "Fatal1ty"... Pretty d0rky.

Fallout went back up to $46.99 again, so the best part ($58) of the deal is dead. Still not bad if you wanted to buy both anyways.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Weird deal since Fallout has nothing to do with headsets, but I guess if you're in the market for both, and can forgive yourself for buying something called "Fatal1ty"... Pretty d0rky.[/quote]

Fatal1ty is a famous Quake player's handle. So it's a pretty old name. But I am fairly certain he doesn't move as much merchandise as say... Mr. Woods.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Fatal1ty is a famous Quake player's handle. So it's a pretty old name. But I am fairly certain he doesn't move as much merchandise as say... Mr. Woods.[/quote]

screenshot_01.jpg

[quote name='hayamakun']How does the pc version compare with the console?[/quote]

I had the option of getting it for any of the 3 platforms, and I've always been partial to console gaming, but for Fallout 3, definitely go PC.
The 360 version will see more support than the PS3 version too, so PC > 360 > PS3 in this case.

[quote name='kazunori']I had the option of getting it for any of the 3 platforms, and I've always been partial to console gaming, but for Fallout 3, definitely go PC.
The 360 version will see more support than the PS3 version too, so PC > 360 > PS3 in this case.[/quote]

ive always thought this was a ps3 exclusive game.. guess i was wrong.

im planning to buy a gaming computer soon and my game arrived today !!
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Fatal1ty is a famous Quake player's handle. So it's a pretty old name. But I am fairly certain he doesn't move as much merchandise as say... Mr. Woods.[/quote]

I read that as, "...is a famous Quaker..." Har! I had the option of buying on all three platforms as well and chose the PC version. If you've got a decent system, it's superior, and you still get the Live achievements. You can even plug a 360 controller into your system if you want. The decision with Far Cry 2 was tougher. I did choose PC, but sometimes I wonder if I might enjoy playing it on console better. [quote name='sickness']ive always thought this was a ps3 exclusive game.. guess i was wrong.[/quote]

Whoa! That would've been a pretty sweet coup for Sony. Would've definitely moved systems.

I got my package yesterday. Listened to some music, watched some movies, and played Fallout 3 using the headset. The thing sounds awesome. I heard a shitload more than I did with my 5.1 system (which is expected due to the headphones being closer).

Even if you don't want the game, you can easily sell it for $40 and keep the headphones for cheap.

The game is surprisingly WORST on PS3. If you do your research you'll learn that the draw distances, textures, and just plain graphics overall suck compared to Xbox and definately PC.

I jumped on this on Tuesday.
After playing L4D, I'm dying to try a quality headset.
My problem is, I'm buying too many games I will never play.
I got my $20 Spore yesterday, Spider-Man WOS is coming today, now Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2.
There is going to be a lot of dust on some of those games.
---------------------
Is there a game trading section on here for PC Games?
I think I would love Fallout but doubt I will be able to devote the necessary time on it, I probably rather have GTA IV PC.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']The game is surprisingly WORST on PS3. If you do your research you'll learn that the draw distances, textures, and just plain graphics overall suck compared to Xbox and definately PC.[/QUOTE]

I think it rings true that devs are still learning how to deal with the PS3 hardware. I imagine the learning curve is ridiculous on their proprietary hardware (though I think the onboard graphics is just equiavlent to a 7800 gt...?)

Xbox is just a PC in a nice box.

Anyone have these (USB headset)?
I just got mine yesterday and love them.
What are the proper settings for games (5.1 or headphones), and movies, etc.

bread's done
Back