Fallout 3, which one to get

[quote name='SL4IN']PC version.[/quote]

This. If your computer can run it, that is definately the way to go.

However, since I doubt my PC will be able to run it on Max, I am gonna get it for 360.

I am getting the 360 version. Just because that is my console of choice. I haven't heard if any version is better than the other.

Wait for the reviews to come out to see if one is better than the other. Also pick based on the controller you like the most. I wonder if the PS3 will support mouse/keyboard...

PC version, no question about it. Oblivion was a train wreck and the modding community mostly fixed that. Even if Fallout 3 runs perfectly the modding community is going to produce a lot of new content for that ass.

There seems to be very little difference between PS3 and 360 versions of most recent multiplatform games.

So for single player games like this I'd say it really just comes down to which controller you prefer and whether the RROD risk on 360 makes you want to limit it's use on multiplatform games.

Anyway, 360 for me if I pick it up since that's all I have.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Doesn't the 360 (and PC?) one have DLC?[/quote]
Yeah, but we have no idea what kind of content it will be.

[quote name='62t']well oblivion was better on PS3. Also the loading time was worst for the x360 version of oblivion[/QUOTE]

True, sometimes there are differences for people who care bout frame rates, load times etc. I do, but if I had a PS3 it would have to be a major difference to get me to buy it over the 360 as I've always hated the dual shock controllers so that would trump a lot of other advantages for the PS3 version.

But of course, that's a to each their own kind of thing.

DLC is a bigger point (assuming it ends up being worthwhile), I wasn't aware the PS3 version wasn't getting any.

[quote name='62t']well oblivion was better on PS3. Also the loading time was worst for the x360 version of oblivion[/quote]
Well the game did come out about a year later on the PS3...

dmaul1114: Yeah, they announced it at the MS E3 press conference.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't understand how you can ask this question at this point and time? :dunce:[/quote]

Probably because you can't preorder "whichever version ends up being better."

PC is by far the best choice if you can run it. I would put PS3 2nd even though I don't even own a PS3 and I would put 360 third (unless you own a 120 GB HD and like achievements, in which case I would put 360 ahead of PS3).

[quote name='Jest']Wait for the reviews to come out to see if one is better than the other. Also pick based on the controller you like the most. I wonder if the PS3 will support mouse/keyboard...[/QUOTE]
controllers don't really effect my purchases, i'm just looking for the most bang for my buck and better technically (excluding the PC of course)

bread's done
Back