Fallout 3 (XBOX 360): DLC Disc Share Train (broken steel/point lookout)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully now that this train's-a-rollin' it'll start moving a little faster. Just hoping i can get the DLC before Xmas. haha

A lil off topic, but a lil on topic... do any of you know if the same disc train idea could be done with the Gears of War 2 Dark Corners retail package? These new $20 DLCs are awesome for newcomers but really suck for the dedicated gamers who have already spent money on all the other DLCs that have been released. Just don't feel like paying $20 for 7 new MP maps and 1 solo chapter.

please remove me off the list as well, G/F bought me the disc for taking her to school on short notice, she be the awesome ^_^

Can some please explain to me how this works?? And is this Legal to be doing and does not violate DMCA or Violate Xbox Live DLC Terms and Conditions?

then count me in. And if it is "illegal" then why is this conversation being allowed by Mods, when I have seen other less severe Law breaking or even comments get locked or deleted. For example posting "referral" links of any kind is enough to get banned.

This is now active participation by the site owners and mods facilitating illegal activity.

Maybe I am wrong I am only asking the question.

If it is legal then count me in, I ave Fallout 3, all I would have to do is pay this guy "reformed stoner" the fee he is asking for, then Install this DLC disc to my Hard drive?

What if theres an Update? Download which asks for the disk again months from now?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Master Ninja']Can someone explain to me how this is not piracy. I f so I am in.[/QUOTE]

there is a rule
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] have at least 5 possitive feedback, or have been a member for a year or better.[/FONT]

sorry

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']there is a rule
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] have at least 5 possitive feedback, or have been a member for a year or better.[/FONT]

sorry[/QUOTE]

thats really not what I was talking about. I would imagine the games publisher did not have this in mind as an authorized use. And Bethesda lawyers would be very interested to contact this sites owners who know what is going on.

essentially we we are just "borrowing" a game from someone. its no worse then gamestop buying and selling it used. they dont get the money from that either. i personally dont see where this should be considered piracy. there is no law against allowing someone to borrow a game. wich is what this is. i think if gamestop can buy it and sell it used without any of the money going to bethesda, how is this any worse? would it be piracy if one was to purchase this product used from gamestop/amazon/ebay?

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']essentially we we are just "borrowing" a game from someone. its no worse then gamestop buying and selling it used. they dont get the money from that either. i personally dont see where this should be considered piracy. there is no law against allowing someone to borrow a game. wich is what this is. i think if gamestop can buy it and sell it used without any of the money going to bethesda, how is this any worse? would it be piracy if one was to purchase this product used from gamestop/amazon/ebay?[/QUOTE]

I would quote from page #1, but its enough to say paying a $1 fee is not borrowing. I would like to participate but I don't want to get a Subpoena from New York down the line for $10 worth of DLC. Its easy enough for Bethesda legal dept. to Subpoena or request or get a Court order for the IP addresses of posters in this thread. If this was a music CD, the RIAA would have had local Sherif's or Law Enforcement with court orders and warrants knocking on you door seizing computers.

REPORTING ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe Material has been made available on the Site that infringes on your copyright, send your complaint to: [email protected]. Complaints are required to include the following information:
a. a physical or electronic signature;
b. identification of the infringed work;
c. identification of the infringed material;
d. contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address;
e. a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law;
and f. a statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.

You can read CAG's Policies here for yourself, and justify it however you want, it is unlikely the lawyers at Bethesda would agree with you.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=cag_faq_item#faq_deal_posting

[quote name='Master Ninja']I would quote from page #1, but its enough to say paying a $1 fee is not borrowing, thats renting.[/QUOTE]

lol why does this thread bother you so much? (just curious, no offense intended)

You can take me off the list OP. Wife bought it for me last night as a present for getting the car running again! :D

It was a nice little surprise how ever :D

Any way I can get in on this? I'll have a year on CAG on the 16th (Woot!) and I do have one positive feedback with no negatives. I'd be willing to wait until the 16th to comply with the rules as well, but I thought I'd ask.

Edit: Thanks Reformed Stoner for adding me to the train. I just sent your money via PayPal. :)

My brother couldn't wait, so I'll be getting it for him for tomorrow. You can take me off the list, Reformed Stoner. Think of the $1 as a gift for being such a rad guy. :)

[quote name='advanced']I figured I'd ask here, because I didn't see the another thread, but is there a train for Op. Anchorage and the Pitt?[/QUOTE]

I think there was one, but they closed it down. If anyone else has the disk and wants to start one I'd like to get in on it.

[quote name='advanced']I figured I'd ask here, because I didn't see the another thread, but is there a train for Op. Anchorage and the Pitt?[/QUOTE]

\If anyone is up for this so am I. I'll gladly paypal whoever, has anyone seen these at gamestop? Maybe we could get one for less and make a smaller group. I'll check my GS tomorrow but it sucks.

I'm considering getting the original Op Anchorage/The Pitt DLC disc off of Goozex and setting up my own disc train, using the same setup as Ref0rmed St0ner... if he's okay with me just copy/pasting his rules. I already have Op Anch but still need all the other DLCs.

i've seen a few other people interested, so just PM me if you're down with the idea.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7.machoman_93 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](paid)[/FONT] - should be getting soon
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 8. xblaze23 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](paid)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 9. chakan [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](paid)
10.emg28 (paid)
11.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the gamester [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](unpaid, do NOT ship)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 12.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flameofdoom666 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](unpaid, do NOT ship)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 13.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bfauble83[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](paid)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 14[/FONT].[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lord kefka[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](paid)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 15.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]galego23[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](paid)[/FONT]

[quote name='Galego23']what's the over/under I get this before Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Depends on if the 2 unpaid people pay...

Got the disc yesterday, sent PM to [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]xblaze23. Gonna try to send out tomorrow, if not I'll get it out Tuesday.
[/FONT]

We had a mod discussion on this "share" train method, which is actually just a scheme to rent for profit, and we have come to the conclusion that we will not be allowing this to go on through CAG. Please contact the OP for a refund if you'd like or continue with your train through another outlet.

All similar threads that share for profit will also be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back