Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) GOTY Disc Share Train: All 5 Expansions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Copied some elements of stoner’s and Ki77a’s posts, hope this isn’t a problem.

Here we go. Here’s a GOTY DLC disc train for Fallout 3. What’s so special about this? It contains all 5 expansions on one disc. To get on the disc train, I am charging $3 per person (send payment as a gift through paypal). I’m charging a flat rate of $3 per person to recoup some of the $60 that I spent for Fallout 3 GOTY. At any rate, you’re getting a helluva deal on 5 expansions.

How does it work?
You will be put on a list for shipment of the DLC disk. First PM’ed, first served (PM me about the train, and I’ll send you my paypal address). If you do not pay before it’s your turn, you will be skipped! Anyway, after your receive the disc, you simply run the disc and install the DLC to your HDD, and you ship it off to the next person. Please use delivery confirmation when you ship, so that we have a record of shipment and delivery. And please ship ASAP after you receive the disc to keep the train moving and others happy.

Important:
To get on the list, PM me! If you don’t PM me, you won’t get on the list, so act quickly to get on the front of the train.

-Be sure to include your CAG screen name in a message with the $3 Paypal, so that i know who it is sending the money, so i can add your name. if you forget to put your name, then i will not add your name to the list.
-If you are unable to pay at the moment, then that is fine as long as you pay before your turn comes, otherwise you will be skipped.

First shipment will be on Thursday October 22. So let’s get this train moving!

RULES & REQUIREMENTS:

1. Paypal me $3 (Sent as a gift to avoid fees. If paying by a credit card through paypal, please send $3.40, that way after fees it’ll come out to $3)
2. Agree to ship to the next person, and do so in a timely manner.
3. Live within the continental U.S.
4. Purchase delivery confirmation, this is a must, just in case someone does try to keep the disc (although kind of pointless to do this since you only need it one time.) so i can see if the package actually made it to them or not. (Don't want to accuse someone of anything if USPS loses the package).
5. Have at least 2 positive feedback, or have been a member for ONE year or more.
6. If you are on TTO, then you can not get in on this, unless you clear things up, and get taken off of TTO before this DLC train ends.
7. Post in this thread when you have shipped, to whom (they must pay before receiving the disc), and preferably the delivery confirmation number.
8. People who have paid, will have “PAID” next to their CAG screen name. If they have not paid, they will have “UN-PAID, do not ship” next to their name until they do pay. The disc will not be shipped to some who has not paid.

HDD size requirement
Broken Steel = 620 MB
Mothership Zeta = 324 MB
Operation Anchorage = 369MB
Point Lookout = 413 MB
The Pitt = 492 MB

Total of 2.2 Gigs. (2218MB)

For speedy shipping, please consider:

If you have a printer, please use and print a paypal shipping label to expedite the process. You won't have to go to the post office at all, just print a label, attach it to the package, and drop it off at any mailbox.
Use this link here: Paypal Shipping
I've weighed it for your convenience.
Select First Class shipping (not Media Mail!) and input a weight of 5oz (how much it roughly weighs with a padded envelope). It should cost roughly $2 to ship.
[quote name='paypal']Package cost $1.90 USD
Delivery confirmation $0.19 USD
Total shipping cost $2.09 USD[/quote]

THE LIST
1. JJSP [PAID] Shipped 9101150134711889353505
2. soccerstud652
3. moojuice [PAID]
4. Draccius [PAID]
5. HotShotX
6. Ki77a KiD TRe [PAID]
7. epb
8. LoveLost [PAID]
9. Sathan
10. shieryda [PAID]
11. lt_homer
12. nightmare452
13. Lord_Kefka
14. elpolloestupendo
15. xeno
16. Wario64
17. EnronLackey [PAID]
18. aihuman [PAID]
19. foilphob
20. emg28

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']How much HDD space do the 5 expansions take up?[/QUOTE]

I updated the OP, it'll take up 2.2gb for all expansions.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the order of the list is the order in which everyone pm'ed me. :)

[quote name='shieryda']In. #10 in line.

The disc will be shipped in a case, right?[/QUOTE]

yes, i'll ship it in a standard dvd case in a padded envelope.

Nice! I wouldn't mind starting a second train if this one gets really backed up. I was looking for quick cash but it seems this could bring in a good rate. If You get really backed up let me know! If not I know ebay had a few go for right at 47 dollars. Might end up doing that. Congrats on setting it up, I was just really nervous about my disc ending up "missing"

This may be a stupid question, but can you install the DLC even if you don't actually have the game yet? I plan to get the game, and wouldn't mind doing this to get the DLC and then pick up a cheap non-GOTY edition of the game, but I'm not going to get the game for a while yet as I've got a backlog (of course). So... I'm wondering if you can install the DLC even though you don't have the game yet? Anyone tried this with past games?

[quote name='crunchewy']This may be a stupid question, but can you install the DLC even if you don't actually have the game yet? I plan to get the game, and wouldn't mind doing this to get the DLC and then pick up a cheap non-GOTY edition of the game, but I'm not going to get the game for a while yet as I've got a backlog (of course). So... I'm wondering if you can install the DLC even though you don't have the game yet? Anyone tried this with past games?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can install without Fallout 3.

[quote name='SageBigly']Nice! I wouldn't mind starting a second train if this one gets really backed up. I was looking for quick cash but it seems this could bring in a good rate. If You get really backed up let me know! If not I know ebay had a few go for right at 47 dollars. Might end up doing that. Congrats on setting it up, I was just really nervous about my disc ending up "missing"[/QUOTE]

It's up to you, but I think it's fine for now. It all depends how quickly we get the discs moving in between each person.

[quote name='pat87']It's up to you, but I think it's fine for now. It all depends how quickly we get the discs moving in between each person.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. And don't worry I'm not trying to steal your people or anything haha.

[quote name='crunchewy']This may be a stupid question, but can you install the DLC even if you don't actually have the game yet? I plan to get the game, and wouldn't mind doing this to get the DLC and then pick up a cheap non-GOTY edition of the game, but I'm not going to get the game for a while yet as I've got a backlog (of course). So... I'm wondering if you can install the DLC even though you don't have the game yet? Anyone tried this with past games?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much same situation as you - I dumped my regular copy of Fallout months ago and I'm rebuying the CE of the game this week or next for $40. Should be fine though - I installed all of the Oblivion GOTY stuff in preparation of someday rebuying that one too.

Here's a question.

Why are you charging people twice for this "train"?

You're taking a $3 "fee" for the disc, and then the person sending the disc along is paying the shipping to the next person in the train.

We won't even get into the ramifications about "sharing" copyrighted materials that I'm sure Bethesda wouldn't be happy about, since you're profiting from their work.

Not trying to start a war here, but if "sharing" copyrighter materials is frowned upon, why is there a "Half-Priced Xbox Live Arcade Games and Marketplace Content" thread allowed, and why is it sticked?

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's a question.

You're taking a $3 "fee" for the disc, and then the person sending the disc along is paying the shipping to the next person in the train.

We won't even get into the ramifications about "sharing" copyrighted materials that I'm sure Bethesda wouldn't be happy about, since you're profiting from their work.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same, but then later on I figured it out myself.

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's a question.

We won't even get into the ramifications about "sharing" copyrighted materials that I'm sure Bethesda wouldn't be happy about, since you're profiting from their work.[/QUOTE]

First off, I'm charging more than the other trains because first there is more content than the other discs, and I'm taking a fairly large risk by shipping the disc out to a bunch of people. It should cost about $6 all told after shpping for all the expansions (shouldn't cost more than $3 to ship).

Second, if there's a problem with sharing the disc, that problem should've been noted a long time ago while the other trains were going on. Nothing is different from here and there. This sharing is no different if I were to share the same DLC among all my friends locally. The only difference is that it's done over the internet. Frankly, if Bethesda didn't want this, they would've added some type of protection to prevent this, and as such, they're not expressly forbidding it either.

Edit:

Also, we're nearing the maximum capacity here. The train can go on indefinitely, but as it is right now, it'll take a little time to make it's rounds through everybody. Of course, you can sign up, but you don't have to pay until you get close (you can pay right away if you like, that's fine too).

Also, there will be probably a few people that don't pay, so if you're a little further down the list, don't worry you might move up in that case.

The other trains ask for a couple bucks to cover shipping from the first person, then the second person gets cash from the third person, the third from the 4th...etc to cover the shipping each time. You are asking $3 from each person on the train period.

[quote name='pat87']First off, I'm charging more than the other trains because first there is more content than the other discs, and I'm taking a fairly large risk by shipping the disc out to a bunch of people. It should cost about $6 all told after shpping for all the expansions (shouldn't cost more than $3 to ship).

Second, if there's a problem with sharing the disc, that problem should've been noted a long time ago while the other trains were going on. Nothing is different from here and there. This sharing is no different if I were to share the same DLC among all my friends locally. The only difference is that it's done over the internet. Frankly, if Bethesda didn't want this, they would've added some type of protection to prevent this, and as such, they're not expressly forbidding it either.[/QUOTE]You're the one who's putting your trust in other people you've talked to over the Internet to not stiff you out of $50 worth of a DLC disc. Once it's out of your hands, then you have to assume everyone is going to play fair. Limiting it to 1+ year on CAG or 2+ trades isn't going to weed out someone dishonest.

You can blame Bethesda all you want about not making it possible to share the DLC between 360's with passing the disc around. And in the same situation as before in the first train that came up, no one really cared because they're all benefiting from the DLC disc coming their way. Nor are you going to stop the train because I have an issue with it.

I'm bringing up my concerns, and they're going to be ignored like they did the first time with the first train. At least they've been brought up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The other trains ask for a couple bucks to cover shipping from the first person, then the second person gets cash from the third person, the third from the 4th...etc to cover the shipping each time. You are asking $3 from each person on the train period.[/QUOTE]

Umm... no. The train doesn't work any differently than the other trains, the only difference is that I'm asking a slightly higher starting value.

Shipping is the responsibility of the person in line. To ship to the first person, it's my responsibility. To move to the second person, it's the first person's responsibility. Previous trains did not spread the $1 (which wouldn't cover shipping anyway) around.

Money is being charged because I paid for the disc, and I'm taking a risk in shipping it out. I'll refund to anyone who doesn't get the disc, but I'm working on the assumption that I won't see the disc again (obviously I do want it back eventually, but I'm keeping my expectations low... stuff happens).

Currently you have 6 users marked as [PAID], which mean you have $18. Am I to understand that you will be paying each user back $3 so that they ship to the next person and so on?

The last train worked the same way as this one, LinkinPrime, everyone paid the disc owner $1. The new train for the first disc is the same. Only the first train for the first disc didn't work that way.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the Fallout 3 GOTY in the mail today and will be on it's way to JJSP tomorrow. DC# is in the OP.

Also, I added some info about shipping via paypal that some may find interesting. Thanks.

We had a mod discussion on this "share" train method, which is actually just a scheme to rent for profit, and we have come to the conclusion that we will not be allowing this to go on through CAG. Please contact the OP for a refund if you'd like or continue with your train through another outlet.

All similar threads that share for profit will also be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back