Fallout 4 - Coming November 10th, 2015!

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Surprised no one made a thread for this. I know the CAG forums have been slowing down the last few years, but come on guys and gals! We're an hour away from Bethesda's E3 Conference and most likely A LOT of Fallout 4 related information!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

http://www.fallout4.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Will try to update the first post tonight after work. A LOT of details, insane really. Bethesda seriously won E3 on the first night.

On a related note... Anyone downloaded Fallout Shelter? Damn,i got hook immediately. It free to play but somehow i already spent on in game purchases. Really getting to be addicting.

[quote name="SynGamer" post="12757930" timestamp="1434764392"]Grrrr, waiting for the Android version to release...[/quote]

This x 100

I am playing it. Not to far yet but so far I'm liking what I played. I am not use to the movement yet, I am actually getting motion sickness because I was playing Phantom Pain before and the movement in that game is more fluid than Fallout.

I've played few quests. The World looks very good, but the Creatures, People, mutants etc. looks and moves like hi-res Fallout 3. It's forcing me to play in FPP mode.
Btw. is there free camera mode? I can see only the back of my hero.

I've put about 3 hours in and so far it's just not tickling my fancy.  Not sure if it's the atmosphere, movement, or my play style, but I'm just not feeling it.  What's odd is that TES Oblivion and Skyrim are in my top 10 favorite games of all time so I was psyched when this was announced.  I'll probably stick with it since I bought the Gold BBY edition, but I find myself swapping it out for other games (unlike MGS 5 where I was totally jonesing to play). 

Anyone know how to turn a quest in to a person who becomes your companion.

I have "The lost patrol" quest that I started before Danse was a companion, but completed afterwards. Now he is a companion but I cant turn in the quest whether he is with me or if I leave him at a settlement.

I'm playing this on PC but since I usually hang out here, I'm just gonna stick around this thread. I've got 10 hours into the game and so far, it's been pretty hit or miss for me.

So far, my biggest complaint is that combat feels exactly like Fallout 3... I was hoping it'd be a bit more fine-tuned, especially in situations when you're fighting multiple enemies on different levels, with no cover system and wonky movement, it makes things frustrating. The whole town building concept is awesome but holy crap, trying gather items/supplies sucks with the weight limit. I've read that you can easily fix that on PC but I'm gonna stick with the game as it was designed. The graphics do suck (my PC can handle it on high, at 1080p so I was hoping it would loo)... when I played Fallout 3, I never thought the graphics looked notably worse than any other game at the time but this game honestly doesn't look that great. Dogmeat is annoying as fuck outside of combat... he's always getting in the way, triggering bombs, etc. but he's pretty much necessary for combat. 

Still though, I'm enjoying the exploration. It's pretty fun so far. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how to turn a quest in to a person who becomes your companion.

I have "The lost patrol" quest that I started before Danse was a companion, but completed afterwards. Now he is a companion but I cant turn in the quest whether he is with me or if I leave him at a settlement.
You would have to complete the Show No Mercy mission and talk to Danse afterward, who would later tell you to report to Captain Kells.

Is there any end-game quest, super-duper-mega weapon or something to unlock? Just earned the platinum and don't know what to do with the game.

Dumbass Ada, the robot companion from the DLC, is always getting caught on scenery. Today, I wasted nearly 90 minutes and have to reload an old save because Ada got caught in some stairs and couldn't get out. I dismissed her to the nearest town and 1 was added to the population total. I left the place where she was stuck and came back; she had vanished. But then she wasn't in the civilization to which I sent her and the population number was back to what it had been previously. Argh.

bread's done
Back