Fallout New Vegas $9.99 PS3 At BB

Going to hold out for the inevitable price drop on the soon to be released(2/7/12) Ultimate Edition. Hoping $19.99 by summer, Black Friday at the latest. Have a massive backlog to tide me over.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Going to hold out for the inevitable price drop on the soon to be released(2/7/12) Ultimate Edition. Hoping $19.99 by summer, Black Friday at the latest. Have a massive backlog to tide me over.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Ugh,
I hate when stores do this!
Put the XBox version on sale too, BB!!!!![/QUOTE]

It could happen unless they're just swimming in PS3 copies. Both were on sale for $9.99 in either June or July of last year.

For 9.99, get it now, don't wait for the ultimate edition. When the ultimate edition hits 19.00 trade this one in for 3 bucks and then get it. the 7 bucks lost will be well worth the extra time you have with the game. F:NV is a great game. Like said above, it's not as good as Fallout 3, but that's like comparing a 9 to a 10.

I bought FalloutNV and Borderlands GotY for $20 each at GS last March but didn't open Fallout because I heard it was glitchy and buggy for the PS3 so I played Borderlands... And then Ico/SotC... And then Dragon Age... Anyways, is Fallout still glitchy and buggy?

I played F:NV on ps3 and it ran fine.

well, check that. it was a little laggy in a very specific (and not that important) location, but a patch (that i didnt have downloaded at the time) seemed to have fixed the lag. it was only noticeable in this one spot. i had a riot playing through the primary campaign...will likely go grab this to play a couple of the DLC packs.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Posted in the DOTD thread but the title was never updated.[/QUOTE]

I saw that, but it wasn't popping up under the DOTD link. I think those sales might done because nothing was posted today...The link looks pretty dead to me.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']For 9.99, get it now, don't wait for the ultimate edition. When the ultimate edition hits 19.00 trade this one in for 3 bucks and then get it. the 7 bucks lost will be well worth the extra time you have with the game. F:NV is a great game. Like said above, it's not as good as Fallout 3, but that's like comparing a 9 to a 10.[/QUOTE]

You don't get it, by the time my backlog permits this it'll more than likely be $19.99 anyways, so why bother adding it to the backlog now ? It's not a must play type of game and I'm sure many on here can easily relate.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']You don't get it, by the time my backlog permits this it'll more than likely be $19.99 anyways, so why bother adding it to the backlog now ? It's not a must play type of game and I'm sure many on here can easily relate.[/QUOTE]
Aye

[quote name='Donutkid2222']how is the PS3 more broken then the 360 version, I prefer to play on the PS3 but not sure about this game.[/QUOTE]
Short answer: PS3 has half the system RAM of Xbox 360.

If the save file gets up past 10MB, the PS3 version of the game will experience slowdowns, stuttering and very long load times because of the low amount of memory.

There were many updates to try to fix these issues, but the slowdown problems has not gone away completely.

[quote name='LouieT']Short answer: PS3 has half the system RAM of Xbox 360.

If the save file gets up past 10MB, the PS3 version of the game will experience slowdowns, stuttering and very long load times because of the low amount of memory.

There were many updates to try to fix these issues, but the slowdown problems has not gone away completely.[/QUOTE]

i thought that 360 and ps3 had the same system RAM, but for 360 it was all pooled (for video or otherwise), while ps3 splits it (1/2 to video, 1/2 to system), and that the ps3 code wasnt (initially) optimized for this. after the patch, the laggy went away (for me)

If you have the time to play it when you buy it, buy it now. Worth every penny and by the time the Ultimate Edition price drops you won't have even touched the surface of Fallout.

bread's done
Back