Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

these are not that limited, pick them up while they are still hot! Called multiple gamestops they definately do have them in stock

[quote name='drktrpr1']Actually, it was only LISTED as used in the system. My copy was completely sealed. They just listed it in as such the computer because corporate wanted them to get rid of stock, according to the manager.[/QUOTE]

Hi. What Gamestop store has the Fallout 3 CE? Do u know if they have anymore in stock? When u got yours, was it really sealed or did it appear that Gamestop resealed the CE?

This would go great with Fallout NV CE.

Thanks.

The GameStop employees at the stores near me have been acting really shady.

At 2 stores I called and they said they had some copies in stock. I rode my bike to both stores in the next few hours and they were magically out of stock on all systems. I was beyond pissed off. Guess they saw the great deal prices and decided to pick up copies for themselves...

Unless I can find a way to get to Sacramento I am out of luck. :cry:

[quote name='Orofin']The GameStop employees at the stores near me have been acting really shady.

At 2 stores I called and they said they had some copies in stock. I rode my bike to both stores in the next few hours and they were magically out of stock on all systems. I was beyond pissed off. Guess they saw the great deal prices and decided to pick up copies for themselves...

Unless I can find a way to get to Sacramento I am out of luck. :cry:[/QUOTE]

They probably mean the Regular edition. They are too lazy to check the back.

The Gamestop near my work had about 5 CE's in stock. I think they were all 360/PS3 (no PC). If anyone wants one, I'll be glad to pick it up if you can cover the shipping costs. Let me know Monday though in case you get one over the weekend.

Probably $32.50 + S&H (probably about $5 media mail, $10 priority)

The sku number listed for Fallout 3:
doesnt seem to work at all when i type it into gamestops search bar.. what gives? I was curious if anyone had Fallout 3 CE

anyway i finally got a copy.. but not for PS3 like i wanted. One the next town over actually had 1 sealed 360 version left in stock when i stoped by on a whim since i was in the area. I seemed to remember it showing they had some on a search i did earlier. Its in mint condition too, awesome. I had actually bought the game for the 360 before (hence why i wanted the ps3 version for the CE) but luckily never opened it. I took it back to walmart today and got 55 bucks store credit. Pretty good deal i wound up with the CE for 30 bucks and got 55 back for the unopened game i had gotten months ago durring a buy 2 get one free deal.

one thing that bugs me though.. i see a LOT of people commenting on what sounds like shifty GS employees. The one near my town actually showed they had the ps3 version in stock. So i went in and the guy claimed they didn't have any. I asked if he was sure and he swore he was. Well its still showing it avalible online today. What gives? Is he putting it aside for himesle? I had thought the stock maybe didn't update on time, but it shouldn't still be showing up like that online i would think

[quote name='Kenshindono']The sku number listed for Fallout 3:
doesnt seem to work at all when i type it into gamestops search bar.. what gives? I was curious if anyone had Fallout 3 CE

anyway i finally got a copy.. but not for PS3 like i wanted. One the next town over actually had 1 sealed 360 version left in stock when i stoped by on a whim since i was in the area. I seemed to remember it showing they had some on a search i did earlier. Its in mint condition too, awesome. I had actually bought the game for the 360 before (hence why i wanted the ps3 version for the CE) but luckily never opened it. I took it back to walmart today and got 55 bucks store credit. Pretty good deal i wound up with the CE for 30 bucks and got 55 back for the unopened game i had gotten months ago durring a buy 2 get one free deal.

one thing that bugs me though.. i see a LOT of people commenting on what sounds like shifty GS employees. The one near my town actually showed they had the ps3 version in stock. So i went in and the guy claimed they didn't have any. I asked if he was sure and he swore he was. Well its still showing it avalible online today. What gives? Is he putting it aside for himesle? I had thought the stock maybe didn't update on time, but it shouldn't still be showing up like that online i would think[/QUOTE]
For future reference, talking about committing return fraud(which is what you did by taking the game back to Walmart for store credit) is frowned upon here on CAG.

So unless WM suddenly started having B2G1 sales and you had a receipt from there showing you bought it there, then you just committed a crime.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Kenshindono']
one thing that bugs me though.. i see a LOT of people commenting on what sounds like shifty GS employees. The one near my town actually showed they had the ps3 version in stock. So i went in and the guy claimed they didn't have any. I asked if he was sure and he swore he was. Well its still showing it avalible online today. What gives? Is he putting it aside for himesle? I had thought the stock maybe didn't update on time, but it shouldn't still be showing up like that online i would think[/QUOTE]
I think that 95% of the time if you call, they forget to check the walls for this sort of this thing. At my local GS, it was on the top shelf of a back wall with the top spine only showing....I knew what it looked like and pointed it out, but anyone not familar with it would have just seen a unmarked brown thing on the top shelf.

Yea be careful about calling. If the people working there are gamers themselves and didn't know about the price drop and wanted the game.... well they just looked for it for you and its the last one left. Now they have none. :\

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For future reference, talking about committing return fraud(which is what you did by taking the game back to Walmart for store credit) is frowned upon here on CAG.

So unless WM suddenly started having B2G1 sales and you had a receipt from there showing you bought it there, then you just committed a crime.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

are you dumb or do you just not read posts? I said i had bought the game months ago. I didn't return the copy i bought from GS. I couldn't remember what store it was at, It was either Walmart or Target. One of them did have a B2g1 free sale around X-mas. I couldn't find the reciept so i just took it back to walmart. How the fuck is that return fraud?

about the GS employees running posible scams. I didn't actually call, i just went in and they claimed they didn't have it.. its still on the store search shite. Im not sure if i should go back in again and have them look more thorougly or what. It would be nice to have a ps3 and xbox version of this. So i can open one and keep the other sealed

[quote name='Kenshindono']are you dumb or do you just not read posts? I said i had bought the game months ago. I didn't return the copy i bought from GS. I couldn't remember what store it was at, It was either Walmart or Target. One of them did have a B2g1 free sale around X-mas. I couldn't find the reciept so i just took it back to walmart. How the fuck is that return fraud?
[/QUOTE]

You have a lot of nerve to get called on your shadiness and then call that person dumb. You did not buy it at Walmart, you are a liar. You said you bought the game during a B2G1 sale. Really? At Walmart, huh? And then even if that sale existed at Walmart, you are still getting back more than you paid for...unless you left out the part where you returned the free game too.

Don't try and turn this around on someone else, when you get called on your scamming.

[quote name='Kenshindono']are you dumb or do you just not read posts? I said i had bought the game months ago. I didn't return the copy i bought from GS. I couldn't remember what store it was at, It was either Walmart or Target. One of them did have a B2g1 free sale around X-mas. I couldn't find the reciept so i just took it back to walmart. How the fuck is that return fraud?[/QUOTE]

I think he read your post just fine. Don't try turning shit around after you get called out on your shadiness. It's clearly return fraud. Even if you did get it at Walmart (but you're not sure...bs), you still got back more than you originally paid. You said you got it during a B2G1 free sale, right? Did you remember to return that free game as well?

[quote name='Kenshindono']are you dumb or do you just not read posts? I said i had bought the game months ago. I didn't return the copy i bought from GS. I couldn't remember what store it was at, It was either Walmart or Target. One of them did have a B2g1 free sale around X-mas. I couldn't find the reciept so i just took it back to walmart. How the fuck is that return fraud?

about the GS employees running posible scams. I didn't actually call, i just went in and they claimed they didn't have it.. its still on the store search shite. Im not sure if i should go back in again and have them look more thorougly or what. It would be nice to have a ps3 and xbox version of this. So i can open one and keep the other sealed[/QUOTE]
http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

[quote name='Walmartstores.com']Q: Is there a time limit on RETURNS?

A: Generally, we accept returns within 90 days after purchase.[/quote]
So basically what you're saying is, you took something back not only after the return period(and usually it's only 15-30 days for games) but also without a receipt and you took it back to a store that you don't even know 100% whether or not you bought it from?

Sounds legit to me.;)

[quote name='dino88']I think he read your post just fine. Don't try turning shit around after you get called out on your shadiness. It's clearly return fraud. Even if you did get it at Walmart (but you're not sure...bs), you still got back more than you originally paid. You said you got it during a B2G1 free sale, right? Did you remember to return that free game as well?[/QUOTE]

im very confused on how the hell this is return fraud.. I bought the game at either Walmart or Target. I couldn't remember which one so i just picked Walmart because its a little closer... its fraud because i no longer had my receipt? WTF is wrong with you people??

One of them DID have a buy 2 get one free deal around X-mas. Im sure if you dig on this forum there were probably posts about it then. Its not like I Intentionally returned it to a store i didn't buy it from. I now had 2 copies of the game so i returned the original purchase one. If that pisses you guys off then go run a lap around the track on your damn high horse and chill the hell out

Jesus some people get bugs up their asses about anything here

It's return fraud because you returned something outside of anyone's policy, you don't actually know where it's from, and you have no receipt. Plus, during a B2G1 you pay around $130, which makes each game around $43. You got back $55, so you also scammed a 'random' store for $12.

Don't get a bug up your own ass because you don't understand basic laws. Someone mentioned it was illegal and you seem to need to overreact for being unable to understand this concept. I think you should calm down and realize this really isn't the site to talk about that sort of stuff rather than think you're a victim.

whatever, if that counts as return fraud then i guess i did return fraud, i dont give a shit then. I wasn't gonna keep the extra unopened copy

Went to some Gamestop's in my area, apparently everyone was clamining copies over the phone. Thankfully they never stopped by, and I was able to get what I needed. Love these people who think calling is the ultimate safeguard.

[quote name='Orofin']The GameStop employees at the stores near me have been acting really shady.

Unless I can find a way to get to Sacramento I am out of luck. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I can vouche for it, most of the Sacramento area is sold out, partly thanks to me. ;)

Picked up on in Manassas, va. It was a gutted PC one. Guess what was missing? The damn Making of DVD :(!!! Everything else looks good. When asked about the serial code, the guy said "Bethesda must trust it's PC gamers since they don't use serial codes since Oblivion..." :roll: . Of course I checked the box inside and out for the damn DVD and the serial. The serial was inside the sealed game and everything else was there. He even was buying one for himself and I asked him to check his copy and his didn't have it either claiming that "Someone must have stolen it from the shelf..." uh huh...

shit oh well...he did offer me another making of from another game but when he couldn't find one (I am sure he did find one but didn't give it out...as he almost gave me the code for the SOTN Card from the 360 castlevania game..) then decided to give me 10% off new vegas. Oh well.

Everything else looks good on my end though. I could have PM this with best buy.

They just need to stop gutting pc games and put them on the high shelves so no one can get to them.

I've been playing this for PS3 for 4 hours straight today, I don't know what people are talking about with the freezing issues, none so far

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If they've converted it to used, then chances are the bobblehead, lunchbox and any other extras went home with an employee or went into the dumpster by now. That's what happened with the God Of War III Ultimate Editions.:cry:[/QUOTE]

That's what happened w/ the Baman:AA C.E at my local Gamestop.

I called in there the morning that thread went up about the clearance price.
They told me they had zero. When I went to pick up F:NV CE, I asked about the batman set and they told me they gutted it and kept the C.E. items and sold the game as used.

I looked at the guy and told him thanks for giving the customers an opportunity w/ this one at least.

Seriously guys, I felt so guilty when I walked out. I hate giving my business to POS stores/companies.

[quote name='xandez1']Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858[/QUOTE]

Yeah such a pos company that gave you a great deal on fallout.

Found mine in West Milwaukee--last one they had. Fallout 3 was incredible; looking forward to digging in to this one. Thanks, OP! :lol:

Thanks OP was able to get the last one for X360 at the evergreen store here in Hillsboro, OR. still sealed and was able to pick up the last non-gutted copy of 9,9,9 as well. The store still had a couple of Fallout NV CE for PS3 if anyone locally is interested.

[quote name='spug21']Yeah such a pos company that gave you a great deal on fallout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a POS company that you could stick it to and price match somewhere else.

An occasional good deal cannot offset how many shady practices that company does.

The Fallout 3 CE (360) I got WAS NOT gutted, it was DEFINITELY factory sealed, and it was DEFINITELY $15. Because it's listed in the system as used, you get your 10% discount.

Store was in the Annapolis Mall in Annapolis, MD.

Is there a way to tell if your copy is factory sealed without opening it? From what I observed when I picked mine up, it has dust and shit covered over the plastic and weighs enough that I don't think it's been gutted.

[quote name='sadboy']Is there a way to tell if your copy is factory sealed without opening it? From what I observed when I picked mine up, it has dust and shit covered over the plastic and weighs enough that I don't think it's been gutted.[/QUOTE]

GS employees suck at shrink wrapping, so you'll notice.

Dust normally is a good sign, because it's just been sitting on a shelf, so you should be safe.

Picked up a :360: version on the upper level of the SSP in Braintree, MA. The pearl street store only had a gutted :ps3: version left.

Thank you VERY much OP. I picked this up and ended up getting sold the New Vegas Collector's Edition hardcover guide, which was only 20% off, so about $28 I paid for that. If I weren't such a big Fallout sucker, I wouldn't have gotten it. Oh well.

Great deal on this, thanks.

[quote name='sadboy']Is there a way to tell if your copy is factory sealed without opening it? From what I observed when I picked mine up, it has dust and shit covered over the plastic and weighs enough that I don't think it's been gutted.[/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of tiny weep-holes in the shrink, as well.
I have not noticed re-sealers mimicking that yet.
I cannot see any stickers keeping the case
closed on my unopened copy.

Thanks OP! To those in the Boston area, South Shore Pavilion in Braintree has a couple 360 & PS3 versions left. Not sure how long that will last seeing as they seemed unaware of the price.

[quote name='vikingvessel']There are a bunch of tiny weep-holes in the shrink, as well.
I have not noticed re-sealers mimicking that yet.
I cannot see any stickers keeping the case
closed on my unopened copy.[/QUOTE]
I saw a couple unboxing videos. From what I saw, those people didn't remove any sort of sticker. After removing the plastic, they just slid the slip case off, lifted the box open, and that was it.

I don't think there are weep-holes on the plastic on mine. Anyway, I think it'll be easier to weigh my copy to see if it weighs the approximate amount. I wouldn't bother with this if GameStop didn't gut their games. :bomb:

The gs near me has like a dozen of these. I bought five copies. One for me, one for my mom, one for my dad, then one for my brother and my sister.. Oh and my imaginary friend. So I bougt six! lulz

Picked one up, thanks op. Oh and I don't advise carrying this thing by the handles of the gamestop bag as both of them snapped and resulted in a corner of my box getting smashed in :(

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Picked one up, thanks op. Oh and I don't advise carrying this thing by the handles of the gamestop bag as both of them snapped and resulted in a corner of my box getting smashed in :([/QUOTE]
Smashed, like a pancake. :'(

bread's done
Back