Fallout: New Vegas Collectors Ed. Strat Guide (Hardcover) at Amazon for $23.09

Grabbed one thanks. If I remember right the Fallout 3 one is a bit hard to find and expensive.

[quote name='mitnosi']Grabbed one thanks. If I remember right the Fallout 3 one is a bit hard to find and expensive.[/QUOTE]

Only GOTY I remember but yeah, the GOTY HC is expensive and I regret not getting it when it was 15 bucks.

I went ahead and preordered in the hopes that it will perform similar to the FFXIII guide that kept dropping all the way to $18 or so. If it doesn't, not sure how interested I'll be at the current price.

This would be one to keep an eye on for price drops before it releases. Ordering it now will lock in the Price Guarantee, so if it drops between now and release, you'll get it for the cheaper price.

I've seen CE guides go as low as under $18 before release, so it may not stay at $24.25 until release.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Is it saying Estimated Shipping on October 25th for anybody else? It comes out on October 19th...[/QUOTE]
Says 19th for me, 2 days shipping get it release day is what it said.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of my FO3 hardcover guide ... thinking about picking this one up even though I'm not completely sold on New Vegas yet.

Thanks OP!

Should note this is currently cheaper than the normal guide by $.74 lol. Looks like the only difference is the hardcover, but somehow the CE picks up 32 pages. No information as to why. . .

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I chuckled.

Unless it's from Double Jump, I laugh at people who still buy strategy guides.[/QUOTE]
Guides come in handy for open world games when searching for a hidden things. No one really wants to run back and forth between the game and gamefaqs.

[quote name='Jodou']Should note this is currently cheaper than the normal guide by $.74 lol. Looks like the only difference is the hardcover, but somehow the CE picks up 32 pages. No information as to why. . .[/QUOTE]

Most likely an Artwork section in the back just like the Fallout 3 CE had, which I paid a penny for.

This would be nice if it continues to drop since I have a $5 credit from the recent $5 magazine orders. I wouldn't mind picking this up but only if it drops to $18 or atleast $20. I can always pick it up for $21 at Border's using one of their 40% off coupons.

Does anyone know what would happen if I preorder with the $5 credit and then decided to cancel? Would I get my $5 credit back?

[quote name='emg28']This would be nice if it continues to drop since I have a $5 credit from the recent $5 magazine orders. I wouldn't mind picking this up but only if it drops to $18 or atleast $20. I can always pick it up for $21 at Border's using one of their 40% off coupons.

Does anyone know what would happen if I preorder with the $5 credit and then decided to cancel? Would I get my $5 credit back?[/QUOTE]
Your suppose to as long as the credit doesn't expire.

Is it safe to assume that since the price may change between now and its release, Amazon will not charge you until the guide is actually shipped?

[quote name='bassist51']Is it safe to assume that since the price may change between now and its release, Amazon will not charge you until the guide is actually shipped?[/QUOTE]
Amazon never charges you for anything unless the item has shipped.

[quote name='Quadriflax']Just an an FYI, for those that don't have Prime, you can add some glue to get up to $25 for FS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00178KMUC/ref=oss_product
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q3KHCM/ref=oss_product

Look on the right side under other sellers and you'll see Amazon also sells these for $0.25 each. I'm sure there's other stuff you can order to get $0.75 extra, but I might actually use the glue for something. And purple has a better flavor. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to add filler to get Super Saver Shipping. The original price is over $25 so you qualify with just the guide.

[quote name='emg28']You don't need to add filler to get Super Saver Shipping. The original price is over $25 so you qualify with just the guide.[/QUOTE]
$24.25 > $25? Huh. Did not know that. Apparently Amazon didn't either, because it didn't give me free shipping until I added another $0.75 to make it $25.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']not sure if i will buy another strategy guide. i bought fallout 3 guide and it was confusing with no index and now its worthless[/QUOTE]

the Fallout 3 GOTY guide added an index, so I guess if this book was still written by the same author as Fallout 3's, then theres gonna be an index

[quote name='Quadriflax']$24.25 > $25? Huh. Did not know that. Apparently Amazon didn't either, because it didn't give me free shipping until I added another $0.75 to make it $25.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it didn't apply free shipping for me, either. Maybe it doesn't apply because it's a pre-order. Normally, when an item goes on sale, the list price is used to determine if you qualify for FSSS. Atleast, that used to be the case unless they changed their policy recently.

I think with the amount of money people spend on "fillers", it would be better to get 4 friends and share a prime account.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Thanks, updated price.

Hopefully it will keep falling.[/QUOTE]I've seen some guides in the past take multiple drops before they ship, such as FFXIII CE, MGS4 LE, ME2 CE and some other ones I'm sure I'm forgetting.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've seen some guides in the past take multiple drops before they ship, such as FFXIII CE, MGS4 LE, ME2 CE and some other ones I'm sure I'm forgetting.[/QUOTE]
And the price is automatically updated for people who preorder, right? I've never actually preordered anything from Amazon. How does it work if you had FSSS and then the price dips below $25? Does it stay free?

Buy this, play the game and use the book, then sell it off for as much as or more than what you paid for it. It'll hold value well.

The last one was really nice I never really used it but bought it prerelease on sale then sold it later on for more than double what I paid. :D Can't wait for the new game, 3 is my favorite 360 game.

bread's done
Back