Fallout:New Vegas Collectors Edition Strategy Guide $23.00 @ walmart.com

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Walmart.com has a preorder sale for the Fallout:New Vegas Collectors Edition Strategy Guide for only $23.00. Details say "preorder this item today and it should ship 10/19/2010".

Standard Shipping (10/22 - 10/26 delivery date) is $1.97 + $2.06 Tax brings the total to $27.03

2-3 Day Shipping (10/21 - 10/22 delivery date) is $7.97 + $2.56 Tax brings the total to $33.53

1 Day Shipping (10/20 delivery date) is $13.97 + $3.05 Tax brings the total to $40.02

The shipping pretty much kills this deal and I did not see a "Site to Store" option. Either way some people might be interested so here it is.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']It's $23 on amazon with free release day delivery for prime members. (choose 2-day get it on release day)[/QUOTE]

Clearly a better deal! And I'm sure there are other better deals too but either way I thought I'd let people know about this one too.

don't really conder fallout an "i need a guide" game. The first was plenty fun and I got through witj no problem. Is there something about NV I don't know that I'll need this?

[quote name='6er']don't really conder fallout an "i need a guide" game. The first was plenty fun and I got through witj no problem. Is there something about NV I don't know that I'll need this?[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Everything is on the internet anyway.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Not likely. Everything is on the internet anyway.[/QUOTE]

eventually... it usually takes a while for the communities to get all the stuff in these games online.

I think it's nice to have them around, in certain Elder Scrolls/Fallout 3 tasks it was more efficient to have the guide right in front of me for reference instead of having to run back and forth to my computer.

k. Well I'm now gonna try this: I copy pasted the online guide, deleted the pictures, and downsized the font to 8 on lost odyssey. We'll see how that works. Still 40 pages of text. But sometimes the pics are handy. I usually just use my phones browser but think paper will be easier than zooming and scrolling constantly.

[quote name='eastshore4']eventually... it usually takes a while for the communities to get all the stuff in these games online.

I think it's nice to have them around, in certain Elder Scrolls/Fallout 3 tasks it was more efficient to have the guide right in front of me for reference instead of having to run back and forth to my computer.[/QUOTE]

I would expect a game like FO:NV to have all the Snowglobe locations (for instance) online within a few days of release. Not to mention a bunch of these people putting info online are jacking information from the official guides anyway. I remember when RE4 first came I out figured I would buy it on Day 1 and write a FAQ for it but by the time I finished the game (like a few days) someone had already written a full FAQ. That was years ago and things are even more connected now than then.

Good point about having to go back and forth to the computer though. I'm doing that with Demon's Souls right now (if any game needs a guide/FAQ it is that one) and it is a hassle.

Personally, though, I'm too much of a CAG to buy a guide except for collector's purposes and then I wouldnt take it out of the shrinkwrap anyway.

Might as well wait til the Game Of The Year Edition collector's version. We all know this game is going to have a lot of dlc and they will republish this next year when they release the GOTY version.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I'm only getting it to go with my Collector's Edition game, heck I might even crack it open once or twice.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I played through Fallout 3 with no help from a guide and I doubt I will use it much for New Vegas. The truth is, I have a nice little Fallout Collection growing and I am buying the guide for more as a collectable than a helpful tool for the game. If there is a GOTY edition and GOTY CE guide I'll probably end up getting those too. As long as it keeps Bethesda Saftworks in business to make future Fallout games I'll support them with my hard earned dollars. Vault-Tec Forever!!!

bread's done
Back