Fallout: New Vegas Collectors Editions in Stock (All Systems at Retail Price)

[quote name='rainking187']I ordered a PS3 one earlier, after codes and credit cost me $70 shipped. Not bad. Hope it still comes with the bonus DLC.[/QUOTE]

which codes did you use?

[quote name='sharingan501']which codes did you use?[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch of 10% off codes someone's posted in the GameStop.com code thread. Then I used SAVER, and I had $10 in credit.

[quote name='rainking187']There's a bunch of 10% off codes someone's posted in the GameStop.com code thread. Then I used SAVER, and I had $10 in credit.[/QUOTE]

I just want to know which codes stack to make the price that low as the lowest I know how to make it is $79 with tax

nvm I see you had $10 in credit

I like these types of collector editions, they are harder to find as time passes by and once a deal arises on them they get sold out in seconds like the Fallout 3 lunch box.

[quote name='ATHF']Yeah but I doubt anyones buying them for that much. The game just came out yesterday![/QUOTE]

There's actually a few auctions on eBay that are ending in the next few hours that will end up going for over $130 each.

Ordered one and received my confirmation already.

Too bad I just bought the standard PC version today. Haven't opened it yet thankfully.

[quote name='rainking187']There's actually a few auctions on eBay that are ending in the next few hours that will end up going for over $130 each.[/QUOTE]
Well im glad I know better!

[quote name='rainking187']There's actually a few auctions on eBay that are ending in the next few hours that will end up going for over $130 each.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who saw those and thought of selling my copy, just for the profit? I wouldn't hoard and sell, but seriously - if someone will pay me $50 more than they have to, why not?

Looks to me like a bunch of price gouging sellers on Amazon trying to take advantage of clueless buyers. There are plenty of these at Game Stop and I saw them at Best Buy too although it says BB is sold out online. MSRP is 79.99 for Xbox/PS3 and 69.99 for PC

I'm really tempted but I'm going to wait and see if they get cheaper like the Fallout 3 ones, I bought a FO3 CE from Amazon for $50 just a couple months after it came out. I know the chances of that happening are slim but I'm willing to risk it, plus I wouldn't have time to play it anytime soon anyways.

[quote name='kramer0731']Am I the only one who saw those and thought of selling my copy, just for the profit? I wouldn't hoard and sell, but seriously - if someone will pay me $50 more than they have to, why not?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not. I was seriously considering it. I've seen auctions for the 360 version reach above $150. $90 in profit wouldn't be bad at all for an hour's work. The only thing that stopped me was that it was nearly impossible to find in my area (got the last one for 360 at Kmart) so I didn't want to risk it.

I wonder if the publisher artificially created a supply shortage so that people would buy up the CE now instead of the regular one. Before release, the CE was not available for ordering at GS. Now it is. Amazon sold out and Best Buy didn't have it for shipping.

I was looking at the Fallout 3 CE and plenty of them is still available on store shelf and online. They must have produced a much smaller run of the New Vegas CE or they are messing with the supply.

[quote name='eau']I wonder if the publisher artificially created a supply shortage so that people would buy up the CE now instead of the regular one. Before release, the CE was not available for ordering at GS. Now it is. Amazon sold out and Best Buy didn't have it for shipping.

I was looking at the Fallout 3 CE and plenty of them is still available on store shelf and online. They must have produced a much smaller run of the New Vegas CE or they are messing with the supply.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the F3 CE is still being sold is exactly why I didn't buy the F:NV CE. Does anyone remember what happened when the F3 CE first came out? Did the same thing happen? I really don't want to buy from GS, as I'm thinking that other retailers will slowly start to restock it as well...

Just curious, does the game that comes with the collector's edition come sealed? And if so, what's the UPC on it (if any)?

[quote name='sgaldis']This is the first really rare CE from this fall...God Bless America[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it rare. Kmart, Best Buy, Gamestop and tons of on-line retailers stocked it and some still have it in stock. Rare would be selling out weeks ago and no hope of restock. If you want it, go for it, but don't buy it because you think you can flip it for a profit.

It appears there was a supply issue with some aspect of the collectors edition, and as a result, the initial supply of them was much lower than what most people expected including some retailers...hence the demand on ebay for them. Now the question is are more of CEs going to show up in stores the next week or two or did the publisher just decide to put out what they could and that's the end of them?

[quote name='Donut2922']My order is under review now - what gives? Anybody else get this too?[/QUOTE]

I got the same. Unsure about it, as I've never seen something like this before. I ordered PS3, and I heard that the PS3 is in even shorter supply than the 360.

OP: Thanks for the heads up, this is definitely a 'deal', as I cannot find this anywhere aside from overpriced individual resellers.

Also, I do really have to wonder if the distributor is messing with supply, because you cannt find it anywhere online or in-store. And the resellers are making 50 off of it. Although, maybe it actually lives up to its name and is limited. But funny how I went to TUR, Walmart, BB, etc. and they all had Fallout 3 lunch boxes. Ohh well, we'll know in a couple of months.

What codes is everyone using? I see saver will be free shipping, anybody else got another good codes to use with saver?

I am pretty sure I am going to use some credit and buy one. If I can flip it on ebay for a nice profit then I will just keep it and play when I get a chance sometime after the hollidays.

Thanks for the update. I didn't think I'd have to look for the CE but if it's going to actually be difficult to find eventually then I'll get it now.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Yeah I wouldnt call this rare there are easily 3 or 4 of these at all retailers around me....[/QUOTE]

It's weird, I have some friends that say there are piles in the Best Buys and GameStops around them. Me? As I said it my post. Sold out in the entire area, I eveb tried Kmarts, Walmarts, Toys-R-Uses, etc.

But I certainly doubt that they are as 'rare' as eBay and Amazon prices are dictating.

It is rarer than it would be because of the supply issues at launch. No doubt as stores stock up and its easier to buy online this artificial demand will die. Doesnt mean I wont try to find one around here and put out a quick Ebay auction to make a few easy $s.

[quote name='rainking187']I ordered a PS3 one earlier, after codes and credit cost me $70 shipped. Not bad. Hope it still comes with the bonus DLC.[/QUOTE]

It comes with a code for some stuff inside the games box itself, if thats what you mean.

I'd kind of like to have this but just don't have room for anything else like this. Plus the fallout 3 bobblehead made it a must and the lunchbox was icing on the cake. None of this stuff is nearly as cool as either of those things so I'll wait til it's $50. Plus I've not even started fallout 3 yet for my ps3.

Great game.

got the ps3 CE from best buy yesterday(last one, thank you best buy employed girlfriend)along with CE guide.

(CE DOES COME SEALED BTW)

not as expansive as fallout 3(can you say way smaller map??) but way harder(perks every other level and a quarter less skill points per level).

got the 360 version of new vegas last friday(thank you piracy) and found out about the infinite xp and caps glitch after i hit level 25(didnt fix from fallout 3 lol).

game was still a blast, im working on my second playthrough now with my unarmed character(i dont recommend it: lvl 30 and i still cant kill anything).

[quote name='eau']I wonder if the publisher artificially created a supply shortage so that people would buy up the CE now instead of the regular one. Before release, the CE was not available for ordering at GS. Now it is. Amazon sold out and Best Buy didn't have it for shipping.

I was looking at the Fallout 3 CE and plenty of them is still available on store shelf and online. They must have produced a much smaller run of the New Vegas CE or they are messing with the supply.[/QUOTE]
I wouldnt be surprised. They have to do something to move copies. I recall a very underwhelmed response to the CE when it was annouced.

[quote name='ATHF']I wouldnt be surprised. They have to do something to move copies. I recall a very underwhelmed response to the CE when it was annouced.[/QUOTE]

well wouldn't that be a key reason to not print so many? If this thing really goes rare, I am going to shoot myself in the foot for not grabbing a copy. I thought I'd be fine with the regular edition, and pick up the CE down the road for $20-$40 like I did with Fallout 3 CE. Maybe, just maybe I need to secure one..

[quote name='token2k6']well wouldn't that be a key reason to not print so many? If this thing really goes rare, I am going to shoot myself in the foot for not grabbing a copy. I thought I'd be fine with the regular edition, and pick up the CE down the road for $20-$40 like I did with Fallout 3 CE. Maybe, just maybe I need to secure one..[/QUOTE]
Yes it would be, but I dont think this is the case. Im sure they have plenty to restock. I liked the CE myself and plan on getting one but I havent really gone looking for one yet. Ill check the stores around here first.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']It's going for $150 now on eBay, but in a month, it'll be normal. I don't think it's THAT rare.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is exactly what happened with GOW III Ultimate. My local Fry's still has copies, but it was totally sold out the week after release until it got restocked and people realized there was just a very temporary supply issue probably caused by copies being held for people who reserved, etc...who never picked up or copies which never got to the retailers on time.

Indeed, there is money to be had, so it would be foolish not to make more. Perhaps not as many as the F3 CE, though... that was definitely oversupplied.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']360 version back in stock at Amazon (at least for now).[/QUOTE]

I just ordered this a few minutes ago and received a discount for some reason.Item(s) Subtotal:$79.99Shipping & Handling:$0.00Promotion Applied:whistle2:$27.68 -----Total Before Tax:$52.31Estimated Tax To Be Collected:$4.58Gift Certificate/Card Amount:$56.89 -----Grand Total:$0.00

(repost)

Does the game that comes with the collector's edition come sealed? And if so, what's the UPC on it (if any)? Considering picking up the CE and returning my regular edition, but obviously they have to be sealed with the same bar code...

[quote name='gnargnargnar']360 version back in stock at Amazon (at least for now).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I snagged one and cancelled my preorder with NewEgg.

bread's done
Back