Fallout: New Vegas Collectors Editions in Stock (All Systems at Retail Price)

[quote name='dkl415']Wait, your sales tax is only ... 5%? Dang. San Francisco it's 9.5%[/QUOTE]

6% in Kentucky but Amazon has shipping centers in my state one being 10 minutes from my house so I get taxed on Amazon as well. That's a huge bummer as every thread people are like I love Amazon and no tax! lol :cry:

My order is still pending, looking at all the vids/reports online it's a standard edition inside so that bad boy is going back to GS for store credit using my midnight receipt. $9 upgrade for CE extras. :cool:

[quote name='dkl415']Wait, your sales tax is only ... 5%? Dang. San Francisco it's 9.5%[/QUOTE]

And we still don't make budget every fucking year.

Aside from the point about MSRP, I have my doubts that this will even be a deal in the long run. Look at the Fallout 3 collector's edition. When it isn't being sold second hand it pops up for $20-30 in occassional deals. Same with Bioshock 2, Dragon Age, etc.

Just because something's called a "Collector's Edition" doesn't mean it's a valuable collectable. And anyone who sells on eBay knows that selling an item on there for $130 doesn't mean you'll walk away with a $50 profit.

if i can find plentiful at a walk-in at a electronic store in l.a., then it's not that rare. this is one of them. saw 20 at bestbuy in anaheim

[quote name='socash11']Aside from the point about MSRP, I have my doubts that this will even be a deal in the long run. Look at the Fallout 3 collector's edition. When it isn't being sold second hand it pops up for $20-30 in occassional deals. Same with Bioshock 2, Dragon Age, etc.

Just because something's called a "Collector's Edition" doesn't mean it's a valuable collectable. And anyone who sells on eBay knows that selling an item on there for $130 doesn't mean you'll walk away with a $50 profit.[/QUOTE]
It all depends on supply and demand. Most of the LE/CE stuff are plentiful and can be had on the cheap later. There are also exceptions to this norm such as Demon's Soul DE, Mass Effect 2 LE, Bioshock LE and SW:TFU Ultimate Sith Edition. Bottomline is: if it's a LE/CE that you must have, better get it sooner than later.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']For anyone who receives this from Gamestop, did you get a code for the Classic Pack in the game box?[/QUOTE]

I picked one up from GS on Friday and yes, the code was in the game case.

[quote name='zohar']PC collector's edition is in stock on Amazon now.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, though the GameStop offer is still better, at least until 10/31. The shipping speed isn't too bad, either: I ordered on Thursday night, and it arrives on Tuesday via UPS.

I got my PS3 CE today, it was a lot smaller than I expected. The book was a lot smaller than I expected as well. Came with a classic pack code though.

Thanks OP. I picked one up(360 version) since this one really seems to be out of stock online & in stores.
If it shows up in stock on other vendors, especially Amazon - then yeah it was a misleading case of rarity & my bundle goes back to the store.
But with 30 day return policy, I have next 4 weeks to watch out & nothing to lose at all!!

[quote name='rainking187']I got my PS3 CE today, it was a lot smaller than I expected. The book was a lot smaller than I expected as well. Came with a classic pack code though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 40 or so pages, many without dialogue, doesn't cut it as a graphic novel for me. Aside from that disappointing part, the collector's edition isn't too bad.

well hope this collector's edition is as limited as the Fallout 3, will pick it up for $29.99 down the road or just pick up the book and chips for cheap

[quote name='Showstoppa42']For anyone who receives this from Gamestop, did you get a code for the Classic Pack in the game box?[/QUOTE]

I don't think I got a code. Is it supposed to come inside the game case? The only insert inside the case was an ad for 2 random games, and the instruction manual.

[quote name='anteis24']I don't think I got a code. Is it supposed to come inside the game case? The only insert inside the case was an ad for 2 random games, and the instruction manual.[/QUOTE]
Code comes inside the case.

At this point, it's RANDOM.

If you didn't get one, but pre-ordered it, you can take it back with your reciept and hope you get a very understanding Sales Rep.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Code comes inside the case.

At this point, it's RANDOM.

If you didn't get one, but pre-ordered it, you can take it back with your reciept and hope you get a very understanding Sales Rep.[/QUOTE]

Understanding or not, what can they do? They're probably out of codes already anyway.

[quote name='anteis24']I don't think I got a code. Is it supposed to come inside the game case? The only insert inside the case was an ad for 2 random games, and the instruction manual.[/QUOTE]

I preordered mine at gamestop and there was a slip inside the case with the code. It was a slip with the game cover art on the front and the code was on the back. If that wasn't in there then you got screwed and you probably should have gone back immediately because it's probably too late now.

As a follow-up to my own question, my Xbox 360 Collector's Edition I ordered last week did indeed come packaged with the Classic Pack code, inside the game case.

YMMV on this, it looks like.

Thanks to the OP and all who replied!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Showstoppa42']As a follow-up to my own question, my Xbox 360 Collector's Edition I ordered last week did indeed come packaged with the Classic Pack code, inside the game case.

YMMV on this, it looks like.[/QUOTE]

I did too, which was a nice surprise.

Received my CE today ($72 shipped using code) opened it and the game inside is the standard edition UPC minus the slip cover. Returned the sealed game using my receipt from launch night standard edition and got my $63 GS credit back on my card. I wanted the CE release night anyway but everywhere locally had quit taking preorders.... Ended up getting it cheaper. :D

Not the greatest CE ever and not even as good as the last but it's well worth the $9 upgrade. Glad this was posted.

bread's done
Back