Fallout New Vegas Hardcover Collector's Guide - Back To $20.99, Was $19.24 @ Amazon

[quote name='steelcurtain187']It really is one of the few games you will want to have a guide for nowadays. Unless you wanna check online for things every 5 minutes that is ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which is what I did for Fallout 3 pretty much. I never buy game guides, but this one seems pretty necessary. :)

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Just traded in a game and got $19.50 to Amazon. The guide just went down to $19.24. I'm in for one, i regretted not having one for Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Just checked, and it's back up to $20.99 again ... I wonder if they'll apply the price guarantee to my order for that short-live $1.75 drop :lol:

[quote name='JSD']Just checked, and it's back up to $20.99 again ... I wonder if they'll apply the price guarantee to my order for that short-live $1.75 drop :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guess I lucked out :D

[quote name='snatcher33']In for one. Got both the Fallout 3 and GOTY hardcover guides. If this one is anything like those, I know I will get my moneys worth. Besides, I am sucker for Collector's Edition guides.[/QUOTE]apparently so:roll:

[quote name='JSD']Just checked, and it's back up to $20.99 again ... I wonder if they'll apply the price guarantee to my order for that short-live $1.75 drop :lol:[/QUOTE]They did it for me, though I had to email them three times before they would do it.

It's in their policy that it should auto-adjust because the drop happened on release day and it was an item with a pre-order price guarantee.

If people don't get a refund email from Amazon for the price they paid against the $19.24 price, email them and ask them for a refund due to the pre-order price guarantee.

Anywhere I can see some pics of the exclusive contents?

I got the Final Fantasy CE guide and it's beautiful, but I don't know how beautiful is this one, since I never looked inside.

If it's just an average guide with hardcover, but nothing else more than a few extra pages, not gonna bother. It has to have the quality/luxary look to it.

I received two of these today. I totally forgot I ordered one way back in August on top of the one I ordered in September. I opened one and am going to leave the other sealed. The one I opened is #9202, I really want to know what the other one is but I don't want to open it.

Both of mine arrived today, but one was smashed with a bent corner and a crack down the center of the hard cover. :whistle2:s This had to have happened prior to packing, so back to Amazon it goes.

#009186 for me. Arrived in pristine condition, same as the other 6 hardcover guides I've gotten from Amazon. Guess I'm lucky.

To the person that asked, the guide is quite nice but the pages are nowhere near as good in quality as the FFXIII guide. However, I imagine that's because there are nearly twice(over 200 more) as many pages.

[quote name='Rod92905']how big is the foldout map?

I wish it wasn't double sided so i could frame it.[/QUOTE]

Just get a double-sided frame

Couldn't find anything for $5, so I added the CG to my FNV order to save on shipping.
Amazon tells me both will get here by the 26th at the earliest- No problem, CoD WaW just came in the mail, will play it until then.

Got an email from them a few hours ago, the package has been shipped and will be here tomorrow.

:applause:

[quote name='JSD']Just checked, and it's back up to $20.99 again ... I wonder if they'll apply the price guarantee to my order for that short-live $1.75 drop :lol:[/QUOTE]

HA, just got sent an email from amazon saying they will refund me $1.75 for the price guarantee. And i had already gotten my copy before the price drop.

[quote name='bfauble83']$19.24 again.[/QUOTE]It's the day after release, so they're in the clear about covering anyone because of the pre-order price guarantee. Since they changed it yesterday, they have to.

Anyone that emails them about it needs to specify that it dropped to $19.24 yesterday and make sure they understand it, otherwise, you'll be told it's today and it doesn't apply.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Got my refund email as well; and I didn't even have to do anything this time![/QUOTE]

Me too! I came into this thread to check if others were getting it. This is why Amazon rocks.

Ok, so quick note about something else from this thread. I ordered my Fallout: New Vegas LE guide at the same time as my Fable 3 LE guide. I was just notified that the Fable 3 LE guide went from possibly shipping this week to shipping anytime from now to February?? WOW, that's a range of dates. Anyone else that ordered the Fable 3 LE guide get notified of this or see it on their orders page?

Mine arrived yesterday, though there were two nasty dents along the edge of the front and back cover. :bomb: They decided to ship it in a bubble mailer and not a cardboard book mailer or a box. Had to set up an RMA for it, and my replacement shipped out a few minutes ago.

Decided to crack it open to check for what number it was, and it is #47235. I'm sure someone will pick it up from the Amazon Warehouse site sooner or later.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok, so quick note about something else from this thread. I ordered my Fallout: New Vegas LE guide at the same time as my Fable 3 LE guide. I was just notified that the Fable 3 LE guide went from possibly shipping this week to shipping anytime from now to February?? WOW, that's a range of dates. Anyone else that ordered the Fable 3 LE guide get notified of this or see it on their orders page?[/QUOTE]Yes, I did, though they did the same thing for the Halo Reach CE guide, which shipped the day after they emailed about it, which was the release date.

They fire off those emails because the current shipping time for new purchasers is the 1-4 month timeframe, probably due to stock estimates from Brady or Prima.

It shouldn't affect anyone with a pre-order for it, since you should already have inventory allocated for your purchase.

Thanks for the heads up i emailed them asking for a refund. It is not a huge amount but these days every dollar counts.

I love the game and wow i am so dang happy i bought the guide now. It should be here today sometime. I could not resist playing it most of the day yesterday. This has to be one of the only games i would play while using a guide. I bet i missed stuff already but oh well i bet i can return there. This game is so huge using a guide makes this game at least more fun. Read some and get excited to go play again to do what you missed. TY again OP

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine arrived yesterday, though there were two nasty dents along the edge of the front and back cover. :bomb: They decided to ship it in a bubble mailer and not a cardboard book mailer or a box.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that sucks. I got the exact opposite except they put the actual game in a bubble mailer instead. Luckily, neither was mistreated at all.

[quote name='shrike4242']They did it for me, though I had to email them three times before they would do it.

It's in their policy that it should auto-adjust because the drop happened on release day and it was an item with a pre-order price guarantee.

If people don't get a refund email from Amazon for the price they paid against the $19.24 price, email them and ask them for a refund due to the pre-order price guarantee.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know it dropped again but I just got an email saying I'm going to be refunded $1.75 :D

Hmm. I want this but am disappointed that my $10 credit from FNV doesn't apply. I had a suspicion it might not, since it's listed under books and not video games, but I hoped!

Got my order in this morning for 19.24, so I'm happy. Wasn't going to purchase it, but I figured I would put good use to it. Enjoyed my Fallout 3 GOTY guide very much.

[quote name='Rod92905']how big is the foldout map?

I wish it wasn't double sided so i could frame it.[/QUOTE]

21 1/4 x 30 3/4

Oh, I got my refund too, looks like they're doing this for everyone that pre-ordered. Largely, if not completely, in part to you guys. Thanks!

bread's done
Back