Fallout New Vegas Old World Blues Expansion Question

wageslave

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if I would be missing out anything in Fallout New Vegas if I don't buy the Old World Blues Expansion before starting the game? I have all the other DLC from the Steam Summer Camp Sale but this was released after that ended. I know it increases the level cap, but does it add any perks or items that drastically improve or change the early game experience? I'm pretty slow to play through open ended games, and it will probably be a while until I get close to the level cap. For what it's worth I'll probably roll a dim witted knuckle dragging melee character (enjoyed tinkering with this in Fallout 3 and heard this build is much better in NV). I know the expansion 25% off on steam right now, but that isn't enough to make me want to jump on it right away if I don't need it yet. Saving $2.49 is kind of meh. Thanks for any advice!!!

You wouldn't even want to start OWB without being at least level 18, if not higher. I started at level 42 and it's proving to be difficult. There is no reason for you to even consider buying it if you haven't started the game.

I bought OWB have not tried it yet, but the other two DLC are proving to be interesting. Honest hearts...meh...its good but feels like it could of been an area instead of a DLC. Dead Money was fun but the replay value on it may be shot since I know how it ends.

But yeah start fallout NV first before getting any DLC.

[quote name='crystalklear64']OWB comes with the best trait in the game, "Skilled". Gives you +5 to all skills and -10% exp.[/QUOTE]

Good lord, that's the most fail "downside" I've ever seen.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']update: Lonely road felt like a shorter DLC than Honest hearts...fyi[/QUOTE]

Truth. I felt like Lonely Road was much shorter than HH.

bread's done
Back