Famicom Help!

catabarez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
So I found this Famicom at a local thrift store for $15. I couldn't pass it up since it came with a few games. I go home and hook it up and I don't get a picture. Now I'm not too sure what's wrong with it, it could be a video problem or a power problem. Can anyone give me some tips to see what's wrong with it?

What channel did you have the TV set? You have to use a really high channel number (I forget what it is, but Google is your friend.)

I am assuming you bought an original Famicom by Nintendo, which does not have AV output, since you siad Famicom and not a clone.

It's difficult to say, it could be any number of things. Go into detail about how you're setting it up. Stuff like what kind of TV you're hooking it up to, what does your RF look like, can you tell if the system is getting power, are you getting sound, are you getting a blue screen, etc.

I recently bought a Famicom several months ago and could not get a picture on 50' DLP TV. Odd because I was getting sound. I'm pretty good about hooking stuff up but this stumped me. I moved the Famicom over to my 32' CRT and had no problem what-so-ever.

Out of curiosity what Famicom games did you pick up?

[quote name='soonersfan60']What channel did you have the TV set? You have to use a really high channel number (I forget what it is, but Google is your friend.)

I am assuming you bought an original Famicom by Nintendo, which does not have AV output, since you siad Famicom and not a clone.[/QUOTE]
Well that's the weird thing. It has AV ports... I've decided it is a really convincing clone. I'll upload a pic as soon as I can.

bread's done
Back