Famicom Micro to Invade US shores!

cgpwns

CAGiversary!
According to 1up.com, on November 28th, North America is getting the Famicom Micro. Its going to be called the 20th anniversary edition. So if you wanted one, but don't want to import you can just wait a few weeks and get one in here, assuming you live in North America.

Yeah I gotta say I don't get this move.... Wouldn't a classic NES design be more appropiate? Seeing as how most US gamers never or hardly ever saw what a Famicom controller looked like and all.

[quote name='Strell']God Nintendo, FINE. I WILL BUY YOUR MICRO. STOP SLAPPING ME WITH YOUR DICK. :([/QUOTE]
I choked on my diet pepsi reading that, LOL!

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Yeah I gotta say I don't get this move.... Wouldn't a classic NES design be more appropiate? Seeing as how most US gamers never or hardly ever saw what a Famicom controller looked like and all.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it WILL be a NES micro, not Famicom.
Possibly thats just how its worded.

Would be strange to release a Famicom, the majority of people would have no idea what it was.

EDIT- Actually read the article, and i was obviously wrong.

[quote name='BIG5']The Famicom Micro, which I call Famicro![/QUOTE]

The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother! I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!

Wow, way to fuck overr the early adopters AGAIN, assholes.

They had better sell famicom faceplate or I am going to write one hell of an angry letter!

It better come in like a glass display case or something, god knows there is no point in playing gba games on the micro when the new SP and the DS dominate it.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Wow, way to fuck overr the early adopters AGAIN, assholes.

They had better sell famicom faceplate or I am going to write one hell of an angry letter![/QUOTE]

WTF!?!?!

[quote name='Quackzilla']Wow, way to fuck overr the early adopters AGAIN, assholes.

They had better sell famicom faceplate or I am going to write one hell of an angry letter![/QUOTE]
It's not like you guys don't know better...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']It's not like you guys don't know better...[/QUOTE]
Never buy anything right when it comes out *cough360cough*....it's usually a ripoff....unless it's on sale.....and it usually gets better later.

Maybe Electric Troy: Electric Boogaloo is on to something.

My brother tells me not to buy a DS until the new, better one comes out. I just don't know. I traded my Advance for my SP that is side-lit (wtf), and now there's a back-lit one? And you talk about coupon? I wake up, pants unbuttoned? I kill you.....

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Why is it that only the NES gets the nostalgia treatment? No love for the SNES?[/QUOTE]

The patent on the NES expired. Now anyone can do anything they want with the tech and not get introuble. The SNES patent has about 8 years on it.

[quote name='Kayden']The patent on the NES expired. Now anyone can do anything they want with the tech and not get introuble. The SNES patent has about 8 years on it.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't mean the knockoff consoles. I mean the official stuff from Nintendo. There was the NES GBA SP, this Micro (which we're assuming will be NES for the US), and other stuff here and there yet they never have an SNES inspired product. SNES>NES I mean the SNES even said it in its name. SUPER Nintendo Entertainment System. Which would you rather have, a nintendo or a SUPER nintendo?

[quote name='javeryh']Why is everyone so excited about this? It is ugly as hell. Gold and Red? No thanks...

[/QUOTE]
I still don't get why these and the DS don't play pre-GBA games. That is highly illogical, in my opinion.

[quote name='Stoneage']I still don't get why these and the DS don't play pre-GBA games. That is highly illogical, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

They'd have to add a second microprocessor (Or a third one in the DS). Probably not enough room in the Micro and they didn't want the expense with the DS.

[quote name='wageslave']They'd have to add a second microprocessor (Or a third one in the DS). Probably not enough room in the Micro and they didn't want the expense with the DS.[/QUOTE]

The micro is all about sexiness. Nothing sexy about a giant grey cart hanging out there.

Also, with the DS, that would've put it pretty directly into the Game Boy line, which Nintendo doesn't want.

[quote name='javeryh']Why is everyone so excited about this? It is ugly as hell. Gold and Red? No thanks...

[/QUOTE]
The NES grey and black is ugly too.

With retro stuff it's all about nostalgia.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The NES grey and black is ugly too.

With retro stuff it's all about nostalgia.[/QUOTE]

nah. Black and sliver is slick and modern looking. The Famicom looks like someone threwup ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, I don't mean the knockoff consoles. I mean the official stuff from Nintendo. There was the NES GBA SP, this Micro (which we're assuming will be NES for the US), and other stuff here and there yet they never have an SNES inspired product. SNES>NES I mean the SNES even said it in its name. SUPER Nintendo Entertainment System. Which would you rather have, a nintendo or a SUPER nintendo?[/QUOTE]

I totally misunderstood this thread... I thought they were talking about a small nintendo console....

[quote name='Stoneage']I still don't get why these and the DS don't play pre-GBA games. That is highly illogical, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Why? Most people buying a Micro or DS have very little GBC colors, or in the case of kids, don't even remember the GBC.

A Famicom Micro??? Holy Crap!! I'm totally not buying one!!!!11

Huzzah!! for not being played like a chump.

(GBMicro boycott now going on two months!)

[/QUOTE]

It's the back that counts. ;)

gbmicrofamicom14ka.jpg

On a side note, look at this Pokemon GBA Micro:

pa488360017oz.jpg

Ahh so they updated to say they ARE bringing the actual Famicom version.

The way they had it transcribed from what Reggie was saying was they'd have the maroon with the NES faceplate.

Hopefully they make just an NES faceplate. That'd sell to all the retro folks. ;)

[quote name='jasonlives13']

On a side note, look at this Pokemon GBA Micro:

[/QUOTE]

That's the Micro I want, but I'm reluctant to pay like $50 extra to import it when it's possible it could be released here.

bread's done
Back