FamilyVideo.com "Bargain Games" DarkWatch XB $18, RS6 Lockdown XB/GC/PS2 $19 & More

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I just picked up Darkwatch Xbox through Family Video.com for $17.58 + $.99 for USPS 5-10 shipping for a total of $18.57 via their "Bargain Game" list. $0.99 USPS media & $5.50 UPS shipping is available. An unlimited amount of items can be shipped for that price.

Link to list: Not all are so much are bargain:
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/bargains.php?bargain=9999

The following link is the states in which A Family Video store is located, and most likely "Tax" will apply to those living in one of those states.
http://www.familyvideo.com/locations.php

**XBOX**
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - $12.72
Unreal Championship 2 - $12.72
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 - $12.72

**PS2**
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $14.76
Final Fantasy X-2 - $15.54

**GC**
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $14.76

I've never ordered from their site before, but the store is real. It is a video rental chain in the midwest (there is a bunch in Wisconsin).

Truthfully, it's my first ever purchase with the site. I've never heard the name before, and i'm guessing there are no local stores with this name in TN, hence no sales tax, but I did take a look at their online customer reviews through Price Grabber before my purchase and most were giving it 5 out of 5 stars. So I gave them a try. I'll let you know how my buying experience turn out once I receive the game. That is if it's still in stock at the same price, no need to post if it goes back up to $30.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've never ordered from their site before, but the store is real. It is a video rental chain in the midwest (there is a bunch in Wisconsin).[/QUOTE]

I hope it's real, it showed on CAGrabber, lol. Their site said there are somewhere around 400+ Family Video stores across the US. I believe the shipping warehouse is in IL.

This site is good. I ordered two 360 games from them to save a few bucks and I got them safe and sound in less than a week.

well I just ordered Darkwatch. It winds up being slightly more than a dollar less than getting it used at ebgames.com after all coupon codes there, so nothing wicked awsome but enough for me to pull the trigger.

Thanks retail sucks.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']well I just ordered Darkwatch. It winds up being slightly more than a dollar less than getting it used at ebgames.com after all coupon codes there, so nothing wicked awsome but enough for me to pull the trigger.

Thanks retail sucks.[/QUOTE]

$12-13 less in comparison to what others are selling it the same for is "Awesome" IMO, and for a $1 less (new) it is alot better than buying a used copy that isn't guaranteed to not have some or more than a few scratches all over the disc and stickers on the case.

I like to be %100 sure when buying / receiving and after I'm done beating a title it is still in mint condition for trading reasons. Also, when I pay $15-20 for a title it's most likely going to be "new", holding out for a price drop. I do not have the EB card, and some other members here may not either, and I only use their pre-played service for bugdet games anyway.

[quote name='ajumbaje']dont they charge your card twice and one payment goes through?[/QUOTE]

Why have I been double charged for my order?
You haven't. When you place an order, we verify that your credit card has enough available credit for the purchase - this is known as an authorization. We only collect the funds when your order ships. Once all the items in your order ship, we remove the funds authorization. While the authorization/funds-collected sequence occurs with all credit card purchases, it's usually only listed when you view your transaction history online.

I'm guessing it's "new" because when you do the search for an item or game through Price /CAGrabber above the store names selling that certain item, it states in sub sections if happens to be a rental or used, and you can click on them to find which store/price listing falls under each of those.

CAG PG / Darkwatch link:

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.c...terid=11334590/

On this certain CAGrabber page for Darkwatch it doesn't have a sub category for used, and for example, eStarland is selling Riddick Xbox for $11 used and it is stated as "used" under sub section store category. Or if Gamefly is on the list, at the top it will say ( 1 rental store ).

Just got my copy over the weekend and yes, this is a NEW and sealed copy of Darkwatch.

Delivery was really fast, which is surprising considering it's 99 cents.

Overall very impressed with Family Video and I hope they offer up more deals like this from time to time.

Oh, and the game's pretty fun, too.

[quote name='cavalier']Just got my copy over the weekend and yes, this is a NEW and sealed copy of Darkwatch.

Delivery was really fast, which is surprising considering it's 99 cents.

Overall very impressed with Family Video and I hope they offer up more deals like this from time to time.

Oh, and the game's pretty fun, too.[/QUOTE]

I fiqured it was new, because as I said before, on this certain CAGrabber page for Darkwatch it doesn't have a sub category for used, nor on the Family Video site.

As far as delivery, I haven't received the SOB yet, and it shipped out the 11th (saturday). For most ppl I would recommend the the $5.00 3 Day UPS shipping, you can buy an unlimited amount of games/DVD's at that fixed rate.

Hopefully I'll receive it soon. Also, for those intersted, RS6 Lockdown is $18.57, but I've read mixed reviews on it.

I'm not sure about their GC & PS3 deals, but go to the site and click on "Bargains" and then "Games" under the options it gives.

Here's the site: http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/index.php

Here's some more cheap games I found.

iconxbox_r2.gif

Unreal Championship 2 - $12.72

iconps2_r2.gif

Viewtiful Joe 2 - $14.76
Final Fantasy X-2 - $15.54

icongamecube.gif

Viewtiful Joe 2 - $14.76

I worked at a Family Video for about two years and can attest to the fact that it is a shady, ghetto-ass rental chain that you should avoid doing business with. But maybe that's just me being jaded.

my copy of darkwatch came a few days a go (new copy of course) the shipping took a full week to get here (michigan) though.

In anycase if anyone who got the game would like to get some xbox live action going on with it my gamertag is below.

Yeah, they are a good sight. They are one of the only places that you can preorder 360 games at a discount. I ordered several of my release day 360 titles from them. The only problem I ever had was they sometimes did not get in all titles on the release day. So, you had to wait sometimes a week extra for a game. Sometimes its worth it to wait (esp. if you can save $10+).

bread's done
Back