FamilyVideo.com Pre-black friday sale 11/20-11/22

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: This deal turned out to be somewhat of a bust. Prices are NOT 25% off, however they are a bit under MSRP and you can grab free shipping with promo code "ERLYBIRD"
-----------------------------

Received an email from FamilyVideo this morning about their pre-black friday sale which starts on Friday.

At the bottom of the email they vaguely list "watch for 25-40% off Video games".. so no definite prices yet but maybe something to watch.

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/browse_genre.php?browse_id=106&source=mailer0174

Games Listed:

• Modern Warfare 2 360/PS3
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Assassins Creed 2 360/PS3
  • Wii Fit Plus w/ Balance Board
  • New Super Mario Bros Wii
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (DS)
  • Scribblenauts (DS)
Also, while those are the only games on the linked page, the image in the email promo also shows: Mario & Luigi:BIS (DS), Uncharted 2(PS3), Lego Indiana Jones 2(360), Left 4 Dead 2 (360)

Sorry in advance if this turns out to be a bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP! Hopefully Scribblenauts will be around $20 later... That said, I hope the listed prices aren't the final ones. Amazon tops a lot of those, anyway. :/

Ah. I missed the "starts on Friday" part... And the 11/20-11/22 part of the thread title. XD Actually, 20% off any of those games alone would be nice. 45% off is DEFINITELY a deal to be had, whichever game (if any) gets it. :p

Hmm. I guess this be online too, given that it's on the web site now. Anxious to see what the prices will be. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

FYI, some stores mark their games with a big FMV across the disc with permanent marker. I know some people are picky, so I just wanted to give a fair warning.

**I'm speaking of used games of course. New, you're golden.

that pokemon sky game for is falling fast... i think its 25 now on amazon..

30 x 25% 22.50 or 40% 18..

so

pokemon sky should be somewhere between 18 to 22.50.... still too much if you already own the time or darkness

I've had nothing but pristine used games from FamilyVideo.com so far. One game was missing the manual though, which I only care about for trade or resale. Gotten some good finds on there though, so I'll be checking this out sometime Friday.

If you get a game with permanent marker or something on the disc, you could always buy the same game at gamestop, flip discs, return it. some may frown upon that, GS would take the disc in that condition anyhow though.

[quote name='dino88']FYI, some stores mark their games with a big FMV across the disc with permanent marker. I know some people are picky, so I just wanted to give a fair warning.

**I'm speaking of used games of course. New, you're golden.[/QUOTE]

YMWV. I've never saw that at my family video and it's a rather new store so they got extra discs from many other locations when they opened.

COD MW2 and others changed from $57.99 to $51.99. Hopefully those aren't the sale prices and the percentages will come from those :).

[quote name='gwill']prices changed...but they are definitely not 20% off MSRP. Unless family video can't do math.[/QUOTE]

This. I still love Family Video, but not quite the 25-40% they claimed unless I'm just really missing something.

Link

thanks, alot OP, this is a great deal, even the current prices are pretty good. hope that
Modern Warfare 2 will be around $40 with the discount.

and this will start exactly when?

^^^No exact confirmation on when it should start, could be in 10 minutes at 3 am eastern, or it could be sometime tomorrow or these small drops could be what they meant and this is all we get.

^^^^^^ i hope the sale starts some time tomorrow becuase i was hoping for a little more of a discount, but without it, it's still a good price

wait, check this out, and look on the very top, it says check back on black friday weekend. does that mean they'll have more stuff on sale next week?

go to goole, and look up family video website, so type in the website and type in black friday 2009. then click the video games one under the TV sale nd stuff.

sorry i couldnt post the link cuz im a newbie.

wow.. really hoping those prices aren't the ones for this sale.

they're claiming 20-40% off select games so i suppose if they're being REALLY slick with their words they don't even mean that all of those games listed are the "select" games.

[quote name='smoger']wow.. really hoping those prices aren't the ones for this sale.

they're claiming 20-40% off select games so i suppose if they're being REALLY slick with their words they don't even mean that all of those games listed are the "select" games.[/QUOTE]

the page still says "coming soon", it doesn't look like the prices have changed yet

[quote name='redlupine']the page still says "coming soon", it doesn't look like the prices have changed yet[/QUOTE]

they dropped about $7 since around 12:30am

Y'all, I'd wager this is the deal.

Looking at Modern Warfare 2, $51.99 is 20% off of a starting price of $64.99. If memory serves, I remember one of our NYC-CAGs saying the TRU in Times Square sometimes lists new titles at this price point, instead of the more commonly seen MSRP of $59.99.

wow, what a bust. sorry all.

sent them a passive aggressive email to call them out. doubt they'll give me much of a response..

i'll update if i get anything back

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']Y'all, I'd wager this is the deal.

Looking at Modern Warfare 2, $51.99 is 20% off of a starting price of $64.99. If memory serves, I remember one of our NYC-CAGs saying the TRU in Times Square sometimes lists new titles at this price point, instead of the more commonly seen MSRP of $59.99.[/QUOTE]

i get what you're saying, and i agree that these are probably the sale prices, but you seem to be confusing MSRP with actual pricing.

The MSRP on any item is UNWAVERING. only the manufacturer can set the msrp, and we all know what the msrp for these games is.. $59.99 for most 360/PS3 titles and $49.99 and less for most wii titles.

If certain stores raise their prices, it doesn't mean that a new MSRP is created, it simply means they're selling over the MSRP, which is their choice as the msrp is of course just a suggestion.

However: FamilyVideo specifically advertised "20-40% off MSRP", not "20-40% off any arbitrary price we set"

bread's done
Back