FamilyVideo Deals: Assassin's Creed, Stranglehold, Mass Effect

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!
Shipping is $1 and I preordered Ninja Gaiden and got it I think 2 days after their ship date. There's also usually a $5 off coupon floating around, making it a better deal. I would like to preorder these but I have almost $150 in credit at gamecrazy and they told me it expires in 6 months, so I'll have to pay more and get it there unfortunately

Assassin's Creed PS3/xbox360: $51.99
360: http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274358
PS3: http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274331

Stranglehold PS3/xbox360: $52.99
360: http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=230290
PS3: http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=231328

MassEffect: $49.99!
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=273402

nice deal on crackdown I posted the lost planet deal earlier today, but this list is better. It should be mentioned that Lost Planet is a DOTD so it will go up tomorrow.

Well, I went ahead and placed an order for Mass Effect and PS3 Stranglehold CE. I'm a little nervous because I used the standard media mail shipping and it is dog slow going to Hawaii. Ah well, as long as it gets to me in good condition I'll be happy.

did anyone order Bioshock from FamilyVideo?

i pre ordered from them cause i missed the lion deal and they sent out my game last tues and i still haven't received it [ i'm on the west coast, CA ].

anyone else not get theirs in yet?

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']did anyone order Bioshock from FamilyVideo?

i pre ordered from them cause i missed the lion deal and they sent out my game last tues and i still haven't received it [ i'm on the west coast, CA ].

anyone else not get theirs in yet?[/QUOTE]

Give it 5-6 "whole" shipping days, and remember Monday is Labor Day. I'm guessing you either receive it around next Tuesday. I think their warehouse is in IL.

[quote name='gunm']Well, I went ahead and placed an order for Mass Effect and PS3 Stranglehold CE. I'm a little nervous because I used the standard media mail shipping and it is dog slow going to Hawaii. Ah well, as long as it gets to me in good condition I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

FV's $0.99 shipping first class not media mail.

my game came in yesterday and the case was smashed [ huge chunk came off and one of the teeth on the hinge broke so now it won't close properly ].

time to find a replacement case.

Should there just be one big Family Video thread I mean almost every game is cheaper there, it seems to make sense instead of constantly posting new threads. Just look up any game

Silent Hill Origins PSP $27.94 (-$3 = $24.94, -$5 = $22.94)
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles PSP $27.94 (-$3 = $24.94, -$5 = $22.94)
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow PSP (-$3 = $24.94, -$5 = $22.94)
Call of Duty 4 360/PS3 $53.99 (-$3 = $50.99, -$5 = $48.99)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Wii $41.99 (-$3 = $38.99, -$5 = $36.99)

The familyvideo.com page for Assassins Creed on 360 says "usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks" While on the other hand I also preordered Umbrella Chronicles for Wii and it shipped today. So are we gonna have wait a month or more for Assassins Creed?

I preordered my copy of Assassins creed back in august. Surely the 2-4 weeks would be for someone who just goes on the site today and tries to order it I would hope. But that leaves the question of when people like me who ordered way in advance will get ours.

f'ing familyvideo... preordered cod4 a couple days before release date and it still hasnt come. called today regarding the order status and they told me it will take another 2 weeks to receive more shipment. bullshit...

[quote name='asdf2k6']f'ing familyvideo... preordered cod4 a couple days before release date and it still hasnt come. called today regarding the order status and they told me it will take another 2 weeks to receive more shipment. bullshit...[/quote]
LOL me too, On release day they pulled this crap, I cancelled and decided I'm done with the bull crap Family video is.

Of course the PS3 version of Assassins Creed is available to ship, while the 360 says 2 to 4 weeks. But I didn't preorder until the end of August. Did anyone preorder it earlier and do you have a ship notice?

I think Family video is perfect for sorta under the radar games (Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles etc..) but I'm not going to order to big titles from there like GTA 4, Ninja Gaiden 2 etc.. because of crap like this.

Yeah I've loved FamilyVideo for their quick 99 cent shipping on some pre-order DVDs I've gotten. Hell, they got me two DVDs in my hands the day before they were put on shelves at stores. I just think that when a deal like this for games is posted on one of the deal websites like CAG, there's going to be backorder.

Just a FYI. I had to use the coupon NEWMEM5F in order to get the extra $5 off. I got an expired coupon on NEWPGMEM

Phantasm55

I was wondering if anyone has tried ordering items from them online, then seeing if you can just pick the item(s) up at an actual Family Video store? I guess a better way of putting it is do Family Video stores honor the prices they list on their website?

Thanks.

my assassins creed hasn't even shipped yet and i preordered it about 3 months ago. I'm going to cancel if they don't ship it tomorrow. this is pissing me off... its been instock for a few days now.

Fmaily video is the worst when it comes to cancelling. Even for preorders. They send a message to their shipping department to cancel, but never does, and they send it anyway. ugh.

So how are they on shipping new release pre orders? Do they ship them on the release date or a couple days before release?

[quote name='Guttersnipe']So how are they on shipping new release pre orders? Do they ship them on the release date or a couple days before release?[/QUOTE]

call of duty was shipped 2 days after it came out.... and now assassins creed hasnt even shipped yet. i wish i never preordered these.

[quote name='Guttersnipe']So how are they on shipping new release pre orders? Do they ship them on the release date or a couple days before release?[/quote]

They ship a couple of days (or a week) after the release.

[quote name='crspyjohn']call of duty was shipped 2 days after it came out.... and now assassins creed hasnt even shipped yet. i wish i never preordered these.[/quote]
What exact day did you preorder AC? I did on August 28th and they shipped mine. So if you preordered before that day you should be pissed. But if it's after they may have ran out of copies before they could have sent yours.

I'm tempted to jump on that Mass Effect, wish that new member coupon stacked with the holiday coupon. I feel that somebody will offer this game for 39.99 after release... I'm itching to play this game.

For anyone wanting to order ME with the latest $5 off coupon, you need at least $50. So, I added Fable which was $9.99 (for original xbox, but backwards compatible). Seems like a good deal on two solid games. My only gripe is that Fable does not support native widescreen on the 360, so it'll be 4:3 on my HDTV. :/

There is also an HD-DVD or Bluray sampler disc for a little over $5, so you're almost getting that for free. Search for it on FV.

[quote name='infiniti029']For anyone wanting to order ME with the latest $5 off coupon, you need at least $50. [/quote]

Who would want to order YOU? What is this prostitution. Sorry bad joke.

[quote name='infiniti029']For anyone wanting to order ME with the latest $5 off coupon, you need at least $50. So, I added Fable which was $9.99 (for original xbox, but backwards compatible). Seems like a good deal on two solid games. My only gripe is that Fable does not support native widescreen on the 360, so it'll be 4:3 on my HDTV. :/quote]

Umm... Yes is does, I do it all the time. you go into your visual settings on the 360 interface and you can change that and a many other things there too. Like changing the 360 to play at 480p(the top resolution Fable will play at)

[quote name='infiniti029']For anyone wanting to order ME with the latest $5 off coupon, you need at least $50. So, I added Fable which was $9.99 (for original xbox, but backwards compatible). Seems like a good deal on two solid games. My only gripe is that Fable does not support native widescreen on the 360, so it'll be 4:3 on my HDTV. :/quote]

Umm... Yes is does, I do it all the time. you go into your visual settings on the 360 interface and you can change that and a many other things there too. Like changing the 360 to play at 480p(the top resolution Fable will play at)

darkchaostitan: hmm, looks like i'll try that then

I originally ordered ME prior to ordering ME+Fable. So I emailed FV asking them to cancel and they tell me they can't. What a load of crap. My CC has not been charged, the game is not in stock, and it has not been shipped. I don't understand the issue.

[quote name='infiniti029']darkchaostitan: hmm, looks like i'll try that then

I originally ordered ME prior to ordering ME+Fable. So I emailed FV asking them to cancel and they tell me they can't. What a load of crap. My CC has not been charged, the game is not in stock, and it has not been shipped. I don't understand the issue.[/quote]

This is exactly why I will not be pre-ordering with them again. Same thing happened w/ orders I had.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I was wondering if anyone has tried ordering items from them online, then seeing if you can just pick the item(s) up at an actual Family Video store? I guess a better way of putting it is do Family Video stores honor the prices they list on their website?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

After reading your question I looked around the local family video store tonight. Sure as shit they had a counter diplay with Mass Effect for $49.99. I asked the lady and she said yes she would preorder games in the future and they would be shipped directly to the store. You cannot order online and have it shipped to the store though. Think I'll try this next time they have a deal I want. Its worth a try at least.

I pre-ordered AC earlier this month from Family Video and I just got it yesterday. Dang that came fast! The postage on the mailer says November 15, 2007 and it shipped from Glenview, IL.

[quote name='TC']Ordered Mass Effect with the Carrier Pigeon shipping on 9/28. Hopefully it won't get backordered.[/QUOTE]

Just got a shipping confirmation email from them. NICE!!!

The actual family video stores don't carry new games for sale inside but like was said, you can order in the store and have it shipped there. I've also found that if you order things from the B&M there is no tax included...at least in Illinois where I live. With 99cent shipping its not bad as long as you don't need the game the exact moment it comes out.

So you can order games and get in-store pickup? Or do you have to buy it in the store instead of the website? I'm pretty sure my local FV doesn't sell games though. Unless I just never knew about it and they've been doing it a while now.

Yay! My Mass Effect order shipped earlier today. I know there is some bad feeling towards FV, but I've had a wonderful experience so far.

bread's done
Back