Fan made Mother 3 strat guide. $26 shipped

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
http://handbook.fangamer.com/

headerExplosion.png

Seems like a quality product and hella cool and will probably be pretty limited. Thought I would give everyone a heads up.

I for one am not the usual Nintendo hardcore hater... Ninty could have shut off the ROM hack and this Strategy Guide (Using copyrighted images) long, long ago.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I bet they arnt ripping people off just having the processes take longer then they thought. However I am starting to get a tinsy bit nervous. They need to get this own soon.[/QUOTE]If you'd been following them on Twitter, you'd have seen the massive priority flat-rate envelope party they had earlier this week. I hope some of us start seeing them Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chakan']If you'd been following them on Twitter, you'd have seen the massive priority flat-rate envelope party they had earlier this week. I'll bet some of us see them today or Monday.[/QUOTE]

No I dont use twitter. I dont see the point in announcing to the world my every thought or action nor reading any other persons every thought or action ;)

Good to see they are shipping though!

[quote name='blueweltall']Here's some more info to what cause the delay and when to expect it:

http://fangamer.net/[/QUOTE]
Ugh, so that was a PRE-shipping party. Well, I guess that makes it easy to slap the books hot off the press into the pre-addressed envelopes that already have the pendant, the book sleeve, and the packing slip (with custom art, it looks like from the twitter-pics). I wish I had the book right now, but at least we can see the progress/near completion.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Aw... The spine isn't glued.

But this is interesting. I might buy this if I have some money to waste.[/QUOTE]I think that copy(with the plastic spiral binding) was a proof from the printer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reidman/sets/72157615876564984/

The first batch should be in the mail tonight! You should be getting tracking numbers as soon as I program them in. (Hopefully Shopify won't mind overloading their API with thousands of tracking numbers...)

[quote name='SolidMetal']So do you get clay model figures?[/QUOTE]

If you preordered before mid-January, you'll get the Courage Badge. All orders of the first edition will get the dust jacket. Doing clay models for everybody would drive Meeellla crazy!

However, if you look in the background of one of the pictures, you might see Meeellla's next project. ;)

[quote name='ROFISH']http://www.flickr.com/photos/reidman/sets/72157615876564984/

The first batch should be in the mail tonight! You should be getting tracking numbers as soon as I program them in. (Hopefully Shopify won't mind overloading their API with thousands of tracking numbers...)

If you preordered before mid-January, you'll get the Courage Badge. All orders of the first edition will get the dust jacket. Doing clay models for everybody would drive Meeellla crazy!

However, if you look in the background of one of the pictures, you might see Meeellla's next project. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well I just got an email saying its shipping!

My gut says that keychain is going to fetch a pretty penny. Now I'm half tempted to sell mine if the right price comes along...

So glad I got this ordered early though, that shipping confirmation almost gave me a heart attack.

[quote name='georox']My gut says that keychain is going to fetch a pretty penny. Now I'm half tempted to sell mine if the right price comes along...

So glad I got this ordered early though, that shipping confirmation almost gave me a heart attack.[/QUOTE]

It would be really funny if this was like the next thing like the Persona Social Link pack which goes for 4x what it should. If the stupid key chain ends up going for $50 id have a hard time not selling it.

Pretty good, and as tempted as I am in getting it, I'll pass since I'm not that huge of a Mother 3 fan (I played the game and it was pretty good).

Are you guys playing it on a GBA flash cart or your computer? I have the translated ROM but I've been wanting to play it on a Gameboy to get the full "experience".

[quote name='GreasyButton']Are you guys playing it on a GBA flash cart or your computer? I have the translated ROM but I've been wanting to play it on a Gameboy to get the full "experience".[/quote]

I am playing it on an EZ-Flash V+. The did a very good job on the translation. As a matter of fact, I have played it for over 100 hours and I am on the last chapter. I ordered the book and it has shipped so I will let people know about its quality.

I purchased a EZ-Flash V+ with the 3-in-1 GBA Expansion Pack just to play Mother 3 with the full experience on the DS. (also you must have the expansion pack or you cannot play it).

Waiting for the book now to start a new game with :)

I'm pretty sure that emu and hack discussions are heavily discouraged on CAG, and it's pretty likely that a mod is going to end this tangent pretty quickly. I'm not tattling, I'm just giving you guys a heads up because the mods have been known to lock accounts for similar offenses.

[quote name='nwaugh']I'm pretty sure that emu and hack discussions are heavily discouraged on CAG, and it's pretty likely that a mod is going to end this tangent pretty quickly. I'm not tattling, I'm just giving you guys a heads up because the mods have been known to lock accounts for similar offenses.[/QUOTE]

Ya talking about flash carts = big no no.

Anyways question for those of you who have played it. Does it have more depth then Earthbound? I loved the setting and humor of Earthbound but there were hardly any weapons in the game to equip and the skill system was as basic as can be.

I hope that keychain becomes worth a lot. I bought the guide knowing full well that I don't like the Mother games. I bought it because I really think this will be a collectable somewhere down the line and having the keychain instantly get my money back would be awesome.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ya talking about flash carts = big no no.
[/quote]
Echoed, though I wish they were a little more lenient on special issues like this. That said, watch out guys!

Oh- and shipped with tracking number!

[quote name='Guerrilla']Echoed, though I wish they were a little more lenient on special issues like this. That said, watch out guys!

Oh- and shipped with tracking number![/QUOTE]

100% agreed. Even gamefaqs allows discussing of flash carts and emulation as long as you arnt discussing how to get or use them(or which are the best).

I think I am going to have to pick it up. :D

Even if it is mainly because I have been watching fans do badass things as of late, and I feel like I have to contribute to their badassity..yeah..badassity.

Basassity,
Seth

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']I think I am going to have to pick it up. :D

Even if it is mainly because I have been watching fans do badass things as of late, and I feel like I have to contribute to their badassity..yeah..badassity.[/quote]

Yeah, I was pretty much in the same boat when I ordered it in January. I was a huge fan of Earthbound, and I had Mother 3 but hadn't played it. I thought $26 was a little steep, but it's so freaking cool. I couldn't not get. I'm having it sent to work, though, and I'll be out until Tuesday, so I'll have to wait all weekend before I get it. :cry:

I got mine. It smells wonderful. I was high enough already just opening the package.

The keychain is fun and sturdy, much better than other promos have offered in the past. Fangamer also sent a sticker of their logo and even a little hand drawn picture! And there's even a coupon code for their store! Hooray!

Awesome times nine billion.

^^ Well, I'm sold. I just ordered it, even though I was hesitant at first because I wasn't getting the keychain, plus there was going to be the free online version. I started remember what I liked about Mother 3, and I realized it would've been much better if I didn't have to refer to a translation guide the whole time I played. I wish I saw this thread earlier before January 18th.

Got mine today. The quality is extremely high on this item. This has had more care put into it than most of the guides you see on store shelves. I would say this is easily as high quality as a double jump guide.

I'd say it's better than a DJ guide because it feels far more crafted rather than made. DJ's guides are nice and all but they are basically just screenshots and text - there's none of all the little touches this one has.

It feels close to the original Earthbound guide.

Main reason for the guide being quality work is because they took their time. The delay is worth it. Most guides today are on time crunch but this guide was made from the heart, thanks to the Starmen staff.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Main reason for the guide being quality work is because they took their time. The delay is worth it. Most guides today are on time crunch but this guide was made from the heart, thanks to the Starmen staff.[/quote]

This sums it up right here. DJ has to get guides out in a timely manner to remain profitable, so of course this guide is going to be a better guide overall. It damn well BETTER be considering how much time and effort was lavished on it. Here's hoping they churn out another guide some time in the future.

i haven't read any of the previous posts, but i just want to say that i got my guide in the mail today. this is a TOP QUALITY guide....on par with the guide book that came out with earthbound. if someone told me this was an official guide that came with the game i wouldn't doubt it for a second.

brilliant layout, beautiful pictures....i can't wait to start playing the game.

the only thing that could make this book nicer is if it were actually hard cover as the cover picture suggests

bread's done
Back