Fanatical Thread

Do the aspyr bundle steam keys for Mac work on Windows? I saw a post online claiming as much...
Can't speak on doing this via Fanatical directly.

But, I've done something like this before elsewhere: buy Mac versions of a game that has Steam keys, yet I still end w/ Steam versions on Windows....and anything else that's listed on the actual game's Steam page.

Normally, how things work when seeing a 3rd party store is selling Steam keys: check a game's Steam page first; always start there. Check and see what OS symbols are on the game's Steam page...b/c that is what versions of the game you will actually get, from Steam-key redemption.

Keep in mind: when buying from Fanatical say a Mac game w/ Steam key, they'll only list Mac versions b/c Aspyr (the publisher) is providing the key and this is what version Aspyr actually supports. Aspyr might not have publishing rights to Windows version, someone else could - i.e. with Borderlands 2, 2K and Gearbox dealt w/ Windows version. But, you'll still get every version b/c that's how this normally works on Steam: one activation gets everything listed on the steam page. It's what they used to call Steam Play.

I bought Borderlands 2: Collection from MacGameStore and it only listed Mac versions on that page - but I knew people online people were saying from this these keys, they were also getting from registering the Steam-keys also the Windows version. That game on its Steam page lists Mac and Windows version. Lo and behold, I got both.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it's a Steam key you'll get both the Mac and Windows version when you activate it on Steam via the 'SteamPlay' feature.

They are selling gold editions of Disney Infinity 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 for $6.89 Each.

I cannot recall seeing DI3.0 gold so cheap. Gold==all characters and playsets unlocked.

They are selling gold editions of Disney Infinity 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 for $6.89 Each.

I cannot recall seeing DI3.0 gold so cheap. Gold==all characters and playsets unlocked.
I saw that the 3.0 version includes all the 1 and 2 characters, so do you need the other versions (1.0 and 2.0 Gold)? Are they just for the Playsets?

I saw that the 3.0 version includes all the 1 and 2 characters, so do you need the other versions (1.0 and 2.0 Gold)? Are they just for the Playsets?
I just looked it up. You get all the characters from all three versions in 3.0, but you don't get the playsets. And you get 2.0 and 1.0 characters with 2.0. You can't play newer characters or newer playsets on older versions of the game.

So the only reason would be to play those playsets, but you'd also have to play on that game alone and not use newer characters.

I just looked it up. You get all the characters from all three versions in 3.0, but you don't get the playsets. And you get 2.0 and 1.0 characters with 2.0. You can't play newer characters or newer playsets on older versions of the game.

So the only reason would be to play those playsets, but you'd also have to play on that game alone and not use newer characters.
I own a lot of figures and all three games on consoles, so I can give you the run down. These games were my kids first video games so I have a real soft spot for them.

Yes, the older characters are included in the newer games however you essentially cannot use those characters unless playing in the sandbox ("toy box") --story/missions/structured levels are set up so you have to use universe appropriate characters (only marvel characters in marvel levels, only star wars characters in star wars levels, etc).

1.0 is all Disney/Pixar content for the actual missions/levels. There you have Cars, Toy Story, Increadibles, Monsters University, and Pirates of the Caribbean. There's some great content in there

2.0 is all Marvel so there's Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, and Spider Man. There's also some cute tower defense sort of mini game and a top down diablo style mini game which you can play in either the a Stitch/Brave theme or a Thor/Guardians theme. It's pretty good.

3.0 is probably the best value. It has three star wars games (one based on each era of the star wars franchise), an inside out game, a kart racing game, and a Diablo style game that lets you play as any character. I cannot recall if they ever released the finding Dory content for PC.

The toy box is really neat as you can make your own levels and even wire up game logic, but what's possible in the 3.0 toybox blows the other two out of the water. Plus you have access to Tous/set pieces from all three games.

One last thing to mention about the PC versions of the DI games --there's no local/split-screen multiplayer, and I don't think you can do missions with network play. Might not be a deal breaker for some, but if you're planning to play with the kiddos, the console versions are the only way to do so.

Even still... I think I'm picking up all of these just to upgrade to gold for all of them.

Star Deal:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Bundle Pack = 95% off at $1.00:

Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy is delivered as a single Steam key and includes:
  • Sniper: Art of Victory
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Map Pack
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Second Strike
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2: Digital Extras
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2: Multiplayer Expansion Pack
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2: Soundtrack

MysterD is the guy that sends you a bunch of one line texts in a minute instead of sending one normal sized text that includes all the information lol.

Asypr Pick N Mix Bundle [Steam keys for at least the Mac versions] - 3 for $12.99:

Pick 3 from any of the following titles:

• Bioshock: Infinite (base-game)
  • Bioshock: Infinite - Season Pass (includes Burial At Sea: Episode 1+2 DLC's; and Clash in the Clouds DLC)
  • Bioshock: Infinite - Burial At Sea Episode 2 (DLC)
  • Borderlands 2 (base-game)
  • Borderlands 2: Season Pass
  • Star Wars: KOTOR 1
  • Star Wars: KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords
  • Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V (base-game)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (expansion)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings (expansion)
  • Sid Meier's Beyond Earth (base-game)
  • Sid Meier's Beyond Earth: Rising Tide (expansion)
  • Mafia III (base-game)
  • Homeworld: Remastered Collection
  • Layers of Fear
  • Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 - Outcast
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (AKA Jedi Knight 3)
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
  • Inner Space
  • Next Up Hero
If anyone knows which keys will or won't activate-up some Windows versions, please share.

Provided you buy 3 of them and actually need/want them - i.e. this could be the cheapest way to get games like Mafia 3 base-game, Civ: Beyond Earth base, Homeworld Remastered Collection - as each item would basically be $4.33, more or less.

Nice. I need that Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. Need to find others to take the other two slots in a split. Anyone interested?

Nice. I need that Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. Need to find others to take the other two slots in a split. Anyone interested?
Chrono.gg has it for $5 if you can't find a split.

Edit:

Looks like the BlackFriday10 and personalized 15% off codes work on this bundle.

Double Edit:

You can add two of the same game by adding it directly from the game page. Might make finding a split easier.

No one talking about bundles for Fanatical anymore?

I saw today about the Anime Tales Bundle . I've been wanting Strawberry Vinegar and Cursed Sight for a while so I'll likely pick it up. It does have some rebundles with Go Go Nippon (stop bundling this!) and Dead End and some have the fire game from Groupess I think.

Also Survivors Bundle which I could go for Coma Recut and Heart & Slash. It has repeats as well, but looks OK enough.

Both cost $4.99.

Stardock Classics Bundle = $3.99:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/stardock-classics-bundle

Includes:

• Galactic Civilization 1: Ultimate Edition
  • Galactic Civilization 2: Ultimate Edition
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
  • Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
  • Demigod
  • Sorcerer King: Rivals
  • Dead Man's Draw
  • The Political Machine 2016
  • The Corporate Machine 2001
I need Dead Man's Draw, but [insert matrix not like this gif].

Odds of being left-handed - 1 in 10

Odds of winning the minimum on a Powerball ticket - 1 in 27

Odds of being select in the audience on Price is Right - 1 in 36

Odds of getting anything good from these mystery bundles - 1 in 100

Odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident - 1 in 117

Odds of Motoki being released from Yanni Cappuchino's basement - never

So, Fanatical is apparently doing a build your own bundle from some of the better games they've bundled this year.  All repeats, I'm pretty sure, but if you skipped out on a bundle because you had everything but one game you wanted, it might be in here for a dollar or less.  I finally got Sexy Brutale, making my 1337th game.  God, I feel old and lame after saying that. 

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/staff-picks-2018

1=$1.00

3=$2.49

5=$3.49

Here's the list of games available -

Rebel Galaxy
Dex
Sexy Brutale
Songbringer
Super Cloudbuilt
Savage Lands
Outpost Zero
Beholder
Beholder DLC: Blissful Sleep
Comedy Night
The Lion's Song: Season Pass
Seraph
Overfall
Signal from Tolva
Forward to the Sky
Metronomicon
Shuyan Saga
Grey Goo: Definitive Edition
Space Hulk: Ascension
Shark Attack
Punch Club: Deluxe Edition
Tropico 4
Dungeon Rushers
MonoChroma

So, Fanatical is apparently doing a build your own bundle from some of the better games they've bundled this year. All repeats, I'm pretty sure,

Tropico 4
The Tropico 4 here is one with all the DLCs included, if you're missing them from all the previous base game giveaways or whatever and want to "complete" it. Not too bad for a buck or less.

Star Deal:

Bioshock: The Collection [Steam key] = 79% off at $12.59.

This one key includes the following:

• Bioshock 1
  • Bioshock 2 (base-game)
  • Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC & Protector Trials DLC
  • Bioshock: Infinite (Base-game)
  • Bioshock: Infinite - Burial At Sea Part 1 & 2 (DLC's)
  • Bioshock: Infinite - Clash in the Clouds DLC & Columbia's Finest Pack DLC
NOTE: Multiplayer not included for Bioshock 2.

bread's done
Back