Fantastic Mr. Fox [Blu-Ray/DVD/DC Combo] - $19.99 @ Amazon

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
51BigL8PxcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Best price I've seen yet. I had to bite, for it being a Blu-Ray/DVD/DC combo, the price is pretty damn good!

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Thr...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271653378&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they are matching BB's sale price this week. I'm really tempted, and it is a fair price, but I feel like if I wait a bit longer, an even better deal will occur. Just have to wait and see.

Since Disney is moving away from BR + DVD + DC combos from this point forward and WB seems to only be doing them for first release runs of their movies, I think we may start seeing a shrink of them being offered, since BR is being more accepted and players going down in cost.

I'll have to check and see if they dropped the price on the other ones posted in the BB ad and the Target ad.

Target has been pretty good about dropping the prices on FOX BDs between 1 - 3 months. I 'll hold out for $15 or less.

[quote name='shrike4242']Since Disney is moving away from BR + DVD + DC combos from this point forward and WB seems to only be doing them for first release runs of their movies, I think we may start seeing a shrink of them being offered, since BR is being more accepted and players going down in cost.

I'll have to check and see if they dropped the price on the other ones posted in the BB ad and the Target ad.[/QUOTE]
When did they say that? that's depressing to hear :[ really liked the dvd/bluray combo, has allowed me to justify many day one purchases >.

Yeah certainly a great price....but everything drops in price. EVERYTHING. Patience will pay off on this one. Fantastic film though!

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

[quote name='jupiterjones']Yeah certainly a great price....but everything drops in price. EVERYTHING. Patience will pay off on this one. Fantastic film though!

WHAT THE CUSS!?![/QUOTE]

This movie was so incredible I don't know if I can wait longer. I know if I can hold out till November though it'll be at least 5 bucks cheaper.

hmm....

[quote name='quatrevav35']When did they say that? that's depressing to hear :[ really liked the dvd/bluray combo, has allowed me to justify many day one purchases >.

[quote name='shrike4242']Since Disney is moving away from BR + DVD + DC combos from this point forward and WB seems to only be doing them for first release runs of their movies, I think we may start seeing a shrink of them being offered, since BR is being more accepted and players going down in cost.

I'll have to check and see if they dropped the price on the other ones posted in the BB ad and the Target ad.[/QUOTE]

if that makes the blurays cheaper sounds just fine to me

[quote name='freshzen']Wait so this movie is actually good? I wanted to blow it off too :([/QUOTE]

If you are a Wes Anderson fan, it's a must watch/buy. Even if you aren't, it's incredible. Terrific movie.

[quote name='freshzen']Wait so this movie is actually good? I wanted to blow it off too :([/QUOTE]

Yes, It's really good! My Manager buddy at blockbuster keep telling me to watch it, so I did and man was it great. I like it a lot. If I had the cash, I'd buy this combo

[quote name='DestroVega']If you are a Wes Anderson fan, it's a must watch/buy. Even if you aren't, it's incredible. Terrific movie.[/QUOTE]

This right here! I'm not a Wes Anderson fan but it still is a terrific movie.

[quote name='DestroVega']If you are a Wes Anderson fan, it's a must watch/buy. Even if you aren't, it's incredible. Terrific movie.[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Wes Anderson but I really had no interest in this. Maybe I'll be surprised but I don't know just wasn't into what I saw on the previews.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I LOVE Wes Anderson but I really had no interest in this. Maybe I'll be surprised but I don't know just wasn't into what I saw on the previews.[/QUOTE]

If You "LOVE" Wes Anderson, why wouldn't you see his latest movie in theaters? You're obviously not a fan.

[quote name='powersofi']If You "LOVE" Wes Anderson, why wouldn't you see his latest movie in theaters? You're obviously not a fan.[/QUOTE]

With two kids, getting to a movie theater is no small feat. Heck I haven't even seen Avatar, which apparently everyone in the world has seen at least twice.

I should also point out that when the movie came out we had just had our kid and had just moved. Seeing any movie was pretty low on the priority list.

[quote name='powersofi']If You "LOVE" Wes Anderson, why wouldn't you see his latest movie in theaters? You're obviously not a fan.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge fan and didn't see it in theaters either, but I hardly go anymore. maybe twice a year.

In any case, this movie screams Anderson in every scene you could envision it filmed live action. it's amazing.

I would think kids would be bored by this movie.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']With two kids, getting to a movie theater is no small feat. Heck I haven't even seen Avatar, which apparently everyone in the world has seen at least twice.

I should also point out that when the movie came out we had just had our kid and had just moved. Seeing any movie was pretty low on the priority list.[/QUOTE]

That's a tough situation to be in. I've missed a couple of movies theatrically because of horrible timing. You should check this out immediately, it's as much a Wes Anderson film as any of his others even though it's animated. Worth seeing in theaters if you ever get a chance though, the art direction & design is beyond amazing.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']With two kids, getting to a movie theater is no small feat. Heck I haven't even seen Avatar, which apparently everyone in the world has seen at least twice.

I should also point out that when the movie came out we had just had our kid and had just moved. Seeing any movie was pretty low on the priority list.[/QUOTE]

Miraculously made it to Avatar (meh) but with one kid (awesome) unless the planets align we don't make to the movie ever either.

I didn't care about this until I saw it, loved it much more than Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited.

It's not inspiring but seeing a Wes Anderson movie in this way was something a hell of lot more unique than blue aliens in classy new 3D.

It's worth it for 20 bucks IMO which is more than I'll pay for BRs these days.

bread's done
Back