Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

Ok I guess I'm glad I switched out the Ravens DST for Tamba Bay. Lol

Y'all think I should drop Pierre Thomas for Ben Tate? I just picked up Quinton Patton but I really like him

Last edited by a moderator:
Welker got underdrafted by everyone including broncos fans like me
I've had Welker and Megatron in my dynasty keeper league since 07 but never had much to surround them with outside of Forte the following year. Now at least I have a QB that's not Sanchez or Gabbert to go with them, even though my QB's are Cutler and Palmer. Finally getting a competent 2nd RB in Ridley and him actually getting to play last year has my team looking the best it ever has since I took it over in 06.

I've already got Davis and Olsen should I dump one for Thomas?
I like him alot better than Fred Davis right now, You can use him as trade bait as well, Fred Davis doesn't have that kind of upside in production like JT

Welker got underrated by all the 'experts'. You can never assume what a QB's favorite weapons are when its someone as good as Peyton. Decker could possibly see more touches later in the season for all we know but for now he's cemented in WR3. It's just their gonna be such a powerhouse in the passing game, Demaryius just gonna keep using his athleticism to extend plays after the catch and Welker will be a PPR machine like always

Y'all were dead on about Julius Thomas. Wow man
Got lucky with that one. When he dropped the first pass of the game I was like Peyton is never going to look his way again.

My biggest regret right now is I had a chance to pick D. Thomas in the 3rd round and I took A. Johnson instead.

It reminds me of Kevin Ogletree Week 1 last year. I think Thomas will actually produce all season, though.
HAHA, good memories. Our league does auction-style waivers. 80 points for the entire season. After Ogletree's performance, some guy bid about 20 points for him. He then spent the rest of the season on his bench, until he finally cut him loose in like Week 12 or something.

But yeah, I think you're right. Thomas should continue to produce.

I've already got Davis and Olsen should I dump one for Thomas?
Is that Fred Davis or Vernon Davis? If it's Fred, then yeah I would drop him for Julius Thomas.

Personally, from what I remember of last year, TE didn't score a lot points. It sort of sour my opinion on the position.

Is that Fred Davis or Vernon Davis? If it's Fred, then yeah I would drop him for Julius Thomas.

Personally, from what I remember of last year, TE didn't score a lot points. It sort of sour my opinion on the position.
I hope he's talkin' 'bout Fred Davis lol.

& besides Graham/Gronk, TE won't get you much besides short yardage plays and occasional TD when the star WR's are in double coverage or something. But they're very valuable in PPR formats because they can have a generous amount of receptions (Witten is a good example of a PPR beast but lack TD's) when they help bail out the QB under pressure.

The thing about the TE position in terms of fantasy is that, the drop-off from elite to middle of the pack is sooooo huge, a top flight TE can give you a potentially huge advantage in head-to-head leagues. If you have Graham or Gronk, and your opponent has like Olsen, Myers, or Daniels (all really solid players) that could be a massive difference.

The thing about the TE position in terms of fantasy is that, the drop-off from elite to middle of the pack is sooooo huge, a top flight TE can give you a potentially huge advantage in head-to-head leagues. If you have Graham or Gronk, and your opponent has like Olsen, Myers, or Daniels (all really solid players) that could be a massive difference.
This.

Dropping Pierre Thomas for Tate...

now to decide who to start at standard flex, Vereen or Lamar Miller? Starting Tate

My question to u guys is should I start kembrell thompkins over any of these three. Cecil shorts desean jackson and dwayne bowe

Tough call, but I think I would roll the dice with Thompkins over Jackson.  I wouldn't start him ahead of Bowe or Shorts, but Jackson is so hit-or-miss at times, and he did nothing against Washington in the one game he played against them last year (he was on IR in the other game)  The scary thing about Thompkins is that it's hard to know how many looks he'll get now that the games count, but I like his chances for a big day better than DeSean's.

^^ I'd go with Bradshaw unless he's not the starting RB for Indy

OK my flex spot who should I start?

Kenbrell Thompkins

Rashard Mendenhall

Mike Williams (TB)

or San Diego Wide recievers (I got most of them)

^^ I'd go with Bradshaw unless he's not the starting RB for Indy

OK my flex spot who should I start?

Kenbrell Thompkins

Rashard Mendenhall

Mike Williams (TB)

or San Diego Wide recievers (I got most of them)
I would roll the dice with K. Thompkins. I have him on my bench and I've been debating starting him over Reggie Wayne. I just look at the Patriots and don't see much options for T. Brady.

H. Nicks against the Cowboys who were ranked 11th against fantasy receivers last year or M. Austin against the Giants who were ranked 28th against them? Everything I have seen seems to think Romo is going to be able to throw all over them this week.

Some decisions I need some input on:

Romo vs Giants or Newton vs Seattle?

Greg Jennings, TY HIlton, or James Jones?

Jordy Nelson or TY HIlton?

So Foster who wont have a full load against the Chargers, or Daryl Richardson vs Cardinals?
Foster, no question.

Hey CAG, quick question. Who should I start?

Sidney Rice @ Car

or Ahmad Bradshaw @ Oak

in a standard league. Thanks.
I'd go with Bradshaw.

H. Nicks against the Cowboys who were ranked 11th against fantasy receivers last year or M. Austin against the Giants who were ranked 28th against them? Everything I have seen seems to think Romo is going to be able to throw all over them this week.
I'd start Nicks. He's healthy for once, and Cruz (who I'm starting and crossing my fingers on quite a bit) is banged up, so Nicks may get a lot of work. Austin may have a nice game, but he's just as likely to be invisible with Bryant eating up all the numbers.

What the hell TY Hilton?

Anyways my PPR league is dominating. Joique Bell has turned out to be quite the handcuff

I was basically even going into the 4:00 games and figured I had a chance. My opponent had Fitzgerald and V. Davis who threw up 40 combined. I had Phil Dawson who did get 10, but now I'm down 35 and I have RG III and D. Jackson vs. his A. Foster. Started last season 10-0 looks like this season I will take a loss right out the gate. Thanks a lot MJD and C. Johnson for putting up a whole lot of nothing.

well out of my 6 leagues this year, I might win 4 of them this week.  Have 1 locked up already (thank you Reggie Bush) and down 9 in another with Miles Austin and Alfred Morris to go.  My other 4 leagues I lost one for sure and the other 3 we have multiple players on all teams playing tonight or tomorrow.

Beast mode in PPR  :cool:

vA5Lbpg.png

Sleeper Wins for me:

Jared Cook

Michael Floyd

Jordan Cameron

Shane Vereen

Joique Bell

Eifert & Gio should get better as the season progresses.

Looking like busts...:

Lamar Miller

TY Hilton

Overall Week 1 Fails:

Megatron

Spiller

Ridley

Dwayne Bowe

Down 11 points with 3 big point players and a kicker left to go while my opponent is done for the week.

Big mistake for week one for me was starting the Packers Defense it cost me -4 points this week. I should have picked up the KC defense against the Jags like I thought about which was worth 23 points this week. My opponent played the Bears defense which was 9 points while he sat the Cowboys defense which was 25 points. So I guess it evens out in the end a little bit.

Small mistake starting C. Shorts as my flex over T. Austin only cost me 3 points but in other weeks those 3 points might be important.

Goals before week two:

Dropping R. Hillman for K. Moreno.

Dropping C. Shorts for somebody else. Maybe that Simpson kid from the Vikings or Kerse from the Seahawks?

***ANY 2ND OR 3RD RECEIVERS I SHOULD KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR TO REPLACE C.SHORTS?***

Why are people surprised by TY Hilton? Until he leaps over DHB on the depth chart, he's going to be inconsistent week-to-week.

Looking at WRs to add and already picked up Edelman (technically on waivers, but have #1 priority).

Also looking between Kenny Stills and Jerome Simpson but not sure how worth it either of them will be. If Simpson had a competent QB, I'd probably lean towards him as New Orleans has too many mouths to feed.

Otherwise, I may just drop Greg Little (the bum that he is) and pick up Sam Bradford. Could use a backup QB for when Wilson has his bye.

I was basically even going into the 4:00 games and figured I had a chance. My opponent had Fitzgerald and V. Davis who threw up 40 combined. I had Phil Dawson who did get 10, but now I'm down 35 and I have RG III and D. Jackson vs. his A. Foster. Started last season 10-0 looks like this season I will take a loss right out the gate. Thanks a lot MJD and C. Johnson for putting up a whole lot of nothing.
I gave up on this week pretty early, but after Victor Cruz ended up putting up big numbers, I would have had a shot if not for my RB's not showing up at all. For me it was CJ and Marshawn Lynch. If they'd had decent days, I might be in pretty good shape. As it is, I'm up 120-111, but I'm done and my opponent still has Alfred Morris and Pierre Garcon to go. So, 0-1.

We use ESPN for the one league I am in and I have a quick question. How fast can you adjust your roster after the Monday night games are done? I would like to drop a WR and pick up Edelman from the Pats but I think there might be a mad rush to try and claim him.

We use ESPN for the one league I am in and I have a quick question. How fast can you adjust your roster after the Monday night games are done? I would like to drop a WR and pick up Edelman from the Pats but I think there might be a mad rush to try and claim him.
Depends on your league settings. If he's currently a free agent and players don't get placed on waiver-lock during the game, he could be picked up as soon as the games end tonight (if he hasn't already). Otherwise, if there is a waiver-lock, he would clear waivers either sometime tomorrow morning or Wednesday morning. I think it's around 3am or so?

Why are people surprised by TY Hilton? Until he leaps over DHB on the depth chart, he's going to be inconsistent week-to-week.
Well I think most of us thought he'd have more than 3 receptions. He's talented and it's not like DHB did much either. it was mainly the matchup which got people excited for a breakout game. Hilton should be better moving forward, just disappointing he didn't rack up numbers against the Raiders

Danimal - Looking pretty good so far lol. About 0 production from both

JStryke - I'd pick up Stills, Brees love the guy.

I think the Jerome Simpson performance is an anomaly...but we'll see I guess

I don't suspect Simpson's performance to be an anomaly, but with the situation in Minnesota, it's hard to say. You're probably right that Stills is the safer pick, although either one carries risk of a potential goose egg.

The big thing on my mind right now is Edelman. Him being the only person with a history in New England and I believe he was on track to be the #1 before he got hurt if I'm not mistaken. I mentioned earlier I can get him no problem, but it does require using up my #1 waiver priority (waivers clear Wednesday).

Danimal - Looking pretty good so far lol. About 0 production from both
Ha ha, yeah, they got my hopes up a little. He had 4 combined points from them at halftime, but they gave him enough by the end to beat me by 12. He didn't need much from them.

I don't suspect Simpson's performance to be an anomaly, but with the situation in Minnesota, it's hard to say. You're probably right that Stills is the safer pick, although either one carries risk of a potential goose egg.

The big thing on my mind right now is Edelman. Him being the only person with a history in New England and I believe he was on track to be the #1 before he got hurt if I'm not mistaken. I mentioned earlier I can get him no problem, but it does require using up my #1 waiver priority (waivers clear Wednesday).
Yeah, I guess I'd just rather have the upside of Stills since he's on Brees good side. Minny's receiving situation just ain't pretty with Ponder at the helm, and Cordarelle/GJ won't be as non-exist as the season continues. Simpson could be this season's Ogletree hah...

I'm trying to get Edelman in all my leagues, your lucky lol.

Danimal - Same man, I was facing Morris at the end plus his Texans DST, my NFL.com team is pretty much filled with all big names and none of them produced but almost squeezed a win if the damn Chargers played better down the stretch.

blueweltall - that's tough...Cobb/Jordy are the clear targets in GB, but idk. I think it's not a bad move since Edelman has a chance to produce alot more than JJ.

japaki - Keep Shorts, played every snap for the Jags, had 11 targets, and they play Oakland next. 3/11 on receptions because Gabbert is hot garbage, Henne will be in Week 2 and hopefully let them compete at least because he's definitely more competent than 9-finger Gab. He's far and away the best receiver on that team even when Blackmon comes back so he'll be good as the season goes on.

Other two are tough choices, I love Michael Floyd but he's got Fitz & Andre Roberts next to him, but I think he's more talented than Andre Roberts and can be the WR2 in Arizona. I have him starting in my PPR league and he had double-digits, I personally think he'll only improve from here on out. I think Kenbrell is the one to drop out of the three, but you'd still be taking a small risk with his obvious sleeper potential. Just comes down to which you like more/have faith in.

Also I raged when I heard Vereen is gonna be out 4 weeks at least. He's a beast so I'm still keeping him on my bench...time for Ridley to step up and not fumble hopefully.

Raven's D (vs. Browns) or Raider's D (vs. Jaguars)?

I'm leaning towards the Ravens. I didn't see either of the Browns or Jaguars game so I couldn't compare which offense was worse.

Raven's D (vs. Browns) or Raider's D (vs. Jaguars)?

I'm leaning towards the Ravens. I didn't see either of the Browns or Jaguars game so I couldn't compare which offense was worse.
Didn't see the Browns game, but for the Jaguars, they were mostly 3-and-outs. They didn't even get past the 50 yard line until their last drive (IIRC).

bread's done
Back