Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

The team I'm playing this week scored 157 points last week, and only has 61.5 so far this week with Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis still going.  I'm at 116.8 with Marshawn Lynch still going.  Looks like a nice easy win after dropping my opener.

Man, Ray Rice put up 1 point against CLEVELAND?!?!?!  What a disappointment. Meanwhile, Jordy Nelson and Ty Hilton sat on the bench in a couple of other leagues...ugh

I'm 1.30 points behind in one league with Brett Keisel going tonight. All I need is two tackles (or like 4 assist tackles or a sack) to win. As for my other league, the Stafford-Johnson strategy paid dividends. Over 20 points from each. 

In my other league that only starts one rb I have stevan ridley whom isn't doing too great and it seems is playing himself out of a starting job but my issue is giovani bernard is my bench rb and I just dont wanna be kicking myself when he takes the job late in the season (ppr) I'm currently 2-0 I can probably manage without ridley

So, it's time for me to jump ship on Fred Davis.  The question is, who do I pick up off the waiver wire to replace him (PPR):

Gresham/Eiffert (vs. GB)

Coby Fleener (vs. SF)

Brandon Pettigrew (vs. WAS)

Charles Clay (vs. ATL)

Zach Miller (vs. JAX)

Zack Sudfeld (if healthy vs. TB)

RIght now I'm leaning toward Charles Clay.

I got mark ingram going to drop him for either James Starks or Bernard pierce who has more upside
I think Pierce has more long-term upside. Assuming they both start next week, both have tough matchups, but at least the Ravens are home. I'd pick up Pierce.

So, it's time for me to jump ship on Fred Davis. The question is, who do I pick up off the waiver wire to replace him (PPR):

Gresham/Eiffert (vs. GB)

Coby Fleener (vs. SF)

Brandon Pettigrew (vs. WAS)

Charles Clay (vs. ATL)

Zach Miller (vs. JAX)

Zack Sudfeld (if healthy vs. TB)

RIght now I'm leaning toward Charles Clay.
Yea Clay is a better choice than Mille/Pettigrew

So next week I've got a few decision. 

Mike Williams played poorly this week, do I give Jennings the starting nod over him at WR3?

For my RB's Ive got Murray, Morris, Bell, and Bernard. I was thinking Morris/Murray again and Bell at Flex

Although Seattle is playing Jax and Tate would make a good flex option there. 

It looks like this might be the game where Giovanni Bernard passes up Green-Ellis on the depth chart.
Good thing I have him on my bench. I'm thinking about putting him in over Nicks this week but I may need to see him get some more touches. I think the Bengals would be smart to run Green-Ellis (who actually looks good so far) into the ground and then when other teams RBs are all beat up towards the end of the year they will have a fresh guy to lead them to the post-season. I actually hope Bernard goes into beast-mode for the rest of the year and ends up being like Doug Martin or Alfred Morris were last year.

Hey CAGs. Kinda stuck on which receivers I should start this week. I'm thinking of starting Mike Wallace since Atlanta seems to get lit up in the air so far. 350+ passing yards by Brees and Bradford in their 2 games. I got Stevie Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Victor Cruz starting. Cruz is no doubt a starter, Andre and Stevie Johnson though I dunno. I wouldn't doubt Andre Johnson but that concussion has me worried a bit.

R. Wayne or J. Gordon?

R. Wayne was shutdown by Miami last week so the 49ers should be able to do that. I would've won had he and W. Welker done more.

J. Gordon on the hand is coming off his suspension and has Brian Hoyer throwing to him. Also, with the T. Richardson trade, he is now the top offensive threat along with J. Cameron.

Having a hard time selecting my receivers this week, especially with Fitz's hamstring potentially being an issue again this week.  So input is appreciated...

Need to start 3 (non-PPR)

Bowe

Fitzgerald

Welker

Royal

Colston

Fitzgerald

Cobb

S. Johnson

M. Brown (don't really see myself using him but he is on my bench so thought I'd list him)

B. Pierce (can go in as a flex if Rice ends up being out)

Would I be crazy to bench either Dez Byrant (vs STL) or Julio Jones (@MIA) in favor of DeSean Jackson (vs KC)?

Hey CAGs. Kinda stuck on which receivers I should start this week. I'm thinking of starting Mike Wallace since Atlanta seems to get lit up in the air so far. 350+ passing yards by Brees and Bradford in their 2 games. I got Stevie Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Victor Cruz starting. Cruz is no doubt a starter, Andre and Stevie Johnson though I dunno. I wouldn't doubt Andre Johnson but that concussion has me worried a bit.
If Andre is cleared to play, I'd leave your starting lineup as it is.

R. Wayne or J. Gordon?

R. Wayne was shutdown by Miami last week so the 49ers should be able to do that. I would've won had he and W. Welker done more.

J. Gordon on the hand is coming off his suspension and has Brian Hoyer throwing to him. Also, with the T. Richardson trade, he is now the top offensive threat along with J. Cameron.
Stick with Wayne. Even superstars have the occasional no-show game. It's a tough matchup, but Wayne>Gordon, and Luck>Hoyer.

Having a hard time selecting my receivers this week, especially with Fitz's hamstring potentially being an issue again this week. So input is appreciated...

Bowe

Fitzgerald

Welker

Royal

Colston

Fitzgerald

Cobb

S. Johnson

M. Brown (don't really see myself using him but he is on my bench so thought I'd list him)

B. Pierce (can go in as a flex if Rice ends up being out)
I saw Fitz's numbers last week and was wondering what was up. I didn't know he had hamstring issues. That sucks, because depending on how that goes, he could play but lay another egg. I think I'd sit him if it sounds like it's still going to be an issue for him and go with Bowe, Welker, and Royal. In the other scenario, I think I'd go Colston, Cobb, and Johnson (unless Fitz seems good to go, then I'd sub him in for Johnson)

Should I start Vick vs KC tonight or Cam Newton vs the Giants?
Tough call, but I'd go Newton.

Would I be crazy to bench either Dez Byrant (vs STL) or Julio Jones (@MIA) in favor of DeSean Jackson (vs KC)?
Yes. No flex you can put DeSean in? They're all great options, but no way in hell should you think about benching Dez or Julio right now. EDIT: I just saw on my league site that Dez has been limited in practice. Not sure what that's about, but that makes it a much tougher choice since DeSean plays tonight. Damn. I think I'd roll the dice and go with Dez and hope he's good to go.

Hakeem Nicks or Reggie Wayne. Looking for most yardage preferably.
I think I'd go Nicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you go Stafford or Wilson this week at QB? Wilson is going against the Jags at home and Stafford has the Skins on the road.

yeah, I'd go Stafford at QB as well.  As for the WR talk, Nicks over Wayne, and dont bench Dez.  I dont expect much from DeSean Jackson tonight.

Good game tonight, luckily I kept the Chiefs Defense on the bench. I really figured Philadelphia would put up 30 points on them. I hope the Vikings beat the piss out of whatever Browns QB the get to eat Sunday and score more than 24.

Luckily Vick only put 15 up against me, Lesean McCoy and Jamaal Charles ended up cancelling each other out.

Yes. No flex you can put DeSean in? They're all great options, but no way in hell should you think about benching Dez or Julio right now. EDIT: I just saw on my league site that Dez has been limited in practice. Not sure what that's about, but that makes it a much tougher choice since DeSean plays tonight. Damn. I think I'd roll the dice and go with Dez and hope he's good to go.
No flex in that league sadly. My WRs are awesome. Trying to ship one of them for help at RB. Kept DeSean on the bench and good thing he only had 6 this week.

I need to pick 2 out of this list (for WR and WR/RB spots in a non-PPR league):

- H. Nicks (@ CAR)

- M. Colston (v. ARI)

- T.Y. Hilton (@SF)

- M. Ball (v. OAK)

- G. Bernard (v. GB)

- B. Tate (@ BAL)

- J. Starks (@ CIN)

I'm leaning towards Nicks but I can't decide on the other spot.  Starks is starting and had a good week last week but Colston could go off against Arizona.  Whatever I decide will be wrong, I'm sure...

Bernard or ridley in ppr this week and luck or tannehil
Floyd or thompkins? My other wrs fucked me this week desean and bowe so I really need this to put up some points

I need to pick 2 out of this list (for WR and WR/RB spots in a non-PPR league):

- H. Nicks (@ CAR)

- M. Colston (v. ARI)

- T.Y. Hilton (@SF)

- M. Ball (v. OAK)

- G. Bernard (v. GB)

- B. Tate (@ BAL)

- J. Starks (@ CIN)

I'm leaning towards Nicks but I can't decide on the other spot. Starks is starting and had a good week last week but Colston could go off against Arizona. Whatever I decide will be wrong, I'm sure...
I'd go Nicks and Bernard. You just have to hope Bernard gets the touches. After last week, I think he will, and I think he'll produce.

Bernard or ridley in ppr this week and luck or tannehil
Floyd or thompkins? My other wrs fucked me this week desean and bowe so I really need this to put up some points
Bernard, for the same reasons I stated above. Also, Ridley might be the most disappointing player in fantasy so far this year. He'll have a big game eventually, but until then I'd be nervous about starting him. At WR, I'd go Floyd. They'll need points to keep up with New Orleans, and with Fitz banged up, he may get a lot of looks.

RBs tough decisions this week. I've got Morris, Murray, Bernard, and Bell. I figure this week I'll go with Morris and Murray and have Bernard at flex. It sounds like Reggie Bush will play, do I risk starting Bell? Keep in mind this is a PPR league  

Need some advice in my PPR league. Can start 2 of these 3 guys.

Vincent Brown vs Tennessee

Marlon Brown vs Houston

David Wilson vs Carolina

How about tannehil over luck
Wow, that's a tough call this week. The matchups definitely favor Tannehill, but I think I'd still go with Luck. I always feel like it's better to go with the better player, even if the matchup favors the other guy.

RBs tough decisions this week. I've got Morris, Murray, Bernard, and Bell. I figure this week I'll go with Morris and Murray and have Bernard at flex. It sounds like Reggie Bush will play, do I risk starting Bell? Keep in mind this is a PPR league
Yeah, I'd go with Morris, Murray, and Bernard.

Need some advice in my PPR league. Can start 2 of these 3 guys.

Vincent Brown vs Tennessee

Marlon Brown vs Houston

David Wilson vs Carolina
You can, but do you have to? JK. Wilson has been so pathetic so far, I think I'd roll with Brown and Brown.

How do you guys feeling about this trade bowe and spiller for andre johnson and stafford. My other wrs are desean floyd thompkins shorts. My qb is luck and tannehil. Is stafford that big of an upgrade over luck and andre Johnson's production is based solely on yards and receptions he's never been a touchdown champ

Spiller is decent, Bowe has been pure shit so far. I'm not sure Johnson is playing this weekend but he does put up good yards when healthy. Not sure Stafford is a huge upgrade over either of your guys. Luck should get better since they can run the ball now.

Who are your other RBs?

bread's done
Back