Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

I think I had the most points I have ever had this week, on a week where I had 4 of my usual starters on BYE weeks.

T.Y. Hilton

Alshon Jeffery

Peyton Manning

Julius Thomas

Chiefs D/ST

Those 5 alone have 133.9 points so far. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely about to have my first dud week of the season. Cam turned the ball over 4 times, and no one on my team (Lynch, Cobb, Wayne, & Hartline) got in the endzone. All I have left is Woodhead and Gonzo. Both need to have absurd games to give me a shot to win, and seeing as they both had insane performances last week, it's doubtful they will both follow up with more...

...thanks a lot, Cam...

17.7 or less from Kap and Boldin and I win. I lose :oldman: :oldman: :oldman:

HOLY POOP!!! I WON!!!! PRAISE JEBUS!

Even with losing out on the extra 10 by Wilson and Jeffery's 42 points, I'm still up by 3. Here's hoping Julio Jones questionable tag makes him benched. What will probably happen is he'll get 2 catches for 20 yards to give him the four points he needs. Sigh.

I figured I'd lose to Team Peyton Manning, but not like that. 3rd most points in the league this week too. Ouch.

Planning on dropping Colston and picking up Blackmon, any thoughts? I currently have Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Josh Gordon.
Colston had a bad week, but he's otherwise been dependable. At worst case, try to trade. I'm fully for getting Blackmon (I picked him up and started him) but don't drop a quality player.

Agreed. I know Colston has a habit of having a game or two where he completely disappears (product of playing with a lot of offensive weapons), but you're talking about a guy who consistently goes over 1000 yards in one of the best passing offenses in the league. No reason at all to drop him, unless you have the most insanely stacked WR corps ever...

Have to start two of these at WR and one at the flex.

WR.

Jeffery
Shorts
Nicks
A. Johnson

RB.
Mendenhall
Jennings

Leaning towards starting Jeffery, Nicks, and Shorts. But don't know if this might be the week for A. Johnson to finally break through.

Leaning towards starting Jeffery, Nicks, and Shorts. But don't know if this might be the week for A. Johnson to finally break through.
I like Andre Johnson's match-up, at home against St Louis? Yes, please. Then I'd go with Jeffery (Giants D is horrible). Last spot is a toss up, but I like Shorts because he's been consistent this year even without Blackmon attracting coverage away from him.

I need help deciding at flex Le'Veon Bell (fresh off BYE and hot start vs top three run D in the Jets) or Giovani Bernard (vs Buffalo, also good against the run, and splitting time with the Lawfirm).

Well, I'm now 1-4 in my money league thanks to rolling the dice on Ben Tate poaching a goaline TD from Foster instead of starting Ty Hiltion whos done jack shit all season until this last game.  Ugh.

I did win in 3 of my 4 CAG leagues though at least, including going to 5-0 in the "CAGS 4 LIFE" league.  So, I got that going for me I guess?

True. But the Jets were all over him the whole night, and he still had 10 catches and nearly 100 yards. Roddy looked...er...slightly better last night, so that should help. There were a couple of plays where TG caught balls, and neither Jones or White were on the field, so I'm not overly concerned.

So Owen Daniels has a broken fibula. He's out 4 - 6 weeks. Should I drop him and use the bench spot for someone else? Right now, I've got a waiver claim for his backup but I have to drop K. Wright to open up a bench spot. I'm not too keen on keeping two TE.

I couldn't get G. Graham off waiver and I'm left with a lot of nothing. Who would you choose: B. Celek, K. Winslow, J. Cumberland, S. Chandler, T. Eifert or J. Reed?

Who should I start as my RB2?

CJ?K(@SEA)

Ben Tate(STL)

It's a crap shoot and the waiver wire for RB's is just tumbleweeds.

EDIT: Looking at the available players just now and I saw Ronnie Hillman. Anyone think he could be a good plug and play for one week over my other options? I don't know if he'll get the backups work in the 2nd half when Denver's up by 30.

D Thomas vs Jax
T. Smith vs GB
J. Gordon vs Det

Any reason to swith them out with James Jones vs Bal?

Figured Thomas,would be the,most,likeliest candidate to switch, but open to suggestions

Who should I start as my RB2?

CJ?K(@SEA)

Ben Tate(STL)

It's a crap shoot and the waiver wire for RB's is just tumbleweeds.

EDIT: Looking at the available players just now and I saw Ronnie Hillman. Anyone think he could be a good plug and play for one week over my other options? I don't know if he'll get the backups work in the 2nd half when Denver's up by 30.
I'm in the same crappy situation as you- waiting for CJ to put up a game worthy of where I drafted him. It sucks, and it's not a great matchup this week, but I think you should still start him at RB2. You know the week you finally give in to frustration and sit him, he'll go for 140 yards and 2 TD's. There's squat on the waiver wire for RB's in my league, too, and my only other options are Rashard Mendenhall and Brandon Bolden.

D Thomas vs Jax
T. Smith vs GB
J. Gordon vs Det

Any reason to swith them out with James Jones vs Bal?

Figured Thomas,would be the,most,likeliest candidate to switch, but open to suggestions
No, don't bench Thomas. Ever. I'd stick with Thomas, Smith, and Gordon.

@4th Horseman - Keep the three you have in there. I'm starting James Jones in my one league this week so he's bound to have a bad game. When I start him, he sucks, when I bench him, he does good. Go figure.

For my two leagues:

Standard - At QB, even though Tom Brady is playing New Orleans, should I bench him in favor of Jay Cutler playing the Giants. Brady's performance last week has soured me more on him and Cutler has been fairly consistent all year.

For my PPR league, I'm starting AJ Green (@Buffalo), Pierre Garcon (@Cowboys), Alshon Jeffery (vs Giants). My bench is Josh Gordon (vs Lions) and Julian Edelman (vs Saints). Right call?

Stafford at the Browns or Wilson at home against the Titans?

Also should I cut R. Jennings for D. Brown?

Also I will ask again:
Need three of the four this week.
A. Johnson vs. Rams
H. Nicks @ Bears
A. Jeffery vs. Rams
C. Shorts @ Broncos

Thanks

Hey guys, first time posting here, didn't even know about this thread!

Would you guys drop Stevie Johnson for Keenan Allen? Stevie's injury problems as of late is worrying and EJ Manuel going down sucks. K.Allen has some upside I think. I don't know....

@4th Horseman - Keep the three you have in there. I'm starting James Jones in my one league this week so he's bound to have a bad game. When I start him, he sucks, when I bench him, he does good. Go figure.

For my two leagues:

Standard - At QB, even though Tom Brady is playing New Orleans, should I bench him in favor of Jay Cutler playing the Giants. Brady's performance last week has soured me more on him and Cutler has been fairly consistent all year.

For my PPR league, I'm starting AJ Green (@Buffalo), Pierre Garcon (@Cowboys), Alshon Jeffery (vs Giants). My bench is Josh Gordon (vs Lions) and Julian Edelman (vs Saints). Right call?
Tough call at QB. I would usually say never bench Brady under any circumstances, but this is a weird year for the Patriots, and I like Cutler's matchup. I think I'd go with Cutler this week. At WR, I think you'll get good production no matter how you go, but I'd start Green, Garcon, and Gordon.

Stafford at the Browns or Wilson at home against the Titans?

Also should I cut R. Jennings for D. Brown?

Also I will ask again:
Need three of the four this week.
A. Johnson vs. Rams
H. Nicks @ Bears
A. Jeffery vs. Rams
C. Shorts @ Broncos

Thanks
I think I'd lean toward Stafford, unless Megatron is out. In that case, I'd switch to Wilson. Brown has been very productive with the touches he's gotten, but being behind Richardson, he's likely to continue to see limited action. I don't think he's worth picking up unless you can afford to stash him in case Richardson goes down. At WR, keep Shorts on the bench. I'd start the other three ahead of him anyway, but he missed practice Thursday, so I think he'll be questionable to play this week.

As always thanks for the advice.

Who should I start tonight?

Hakeem Nicks
Alshon Jeffery
I'd go with Jeffery.

Hey guys, first time posting here, didn't even know about this thread!

Would you guys drop Stevie Johnson for Keenan Allen? Stevie's injury problems as of late is worrying and EJ Manuel going down sucks. K.Allen has some upside I think. I don't know....
I like Allen a lot, and think he has the potential to be a nice point producer going forward this year. I think Rivers is starting to count on him, and he's making the most of the targets he's getting. Definitely worth picking him up. Is Johnson your best option to drop? If he gets healthy, he should be good even if Manuel's not the one throwing him the ball.

I needed to put in for a WR this week, and I really wanted to grab Allen, but he has the same bye as one of the starters I was looking to cover (Brandon Marshall), so I had to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

It's an 9 team league and we have 7 WRs and ALL of them play, no benches (weird, I know).

These are my WRs:

Justin Blackmon
Marques Colston
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Josh Gordon
Stevie Johnson
Steve Smith

I like my WRs, the only ones I see that are droppable are Johnson and maybe Smith. K. Allen is the only worthwhile receiver available right now (think 9 teams x 7 WR is 63 WRs rostered). It's also a league where we are limited to 16 moves a season, although I only used 4 moves so far.

I just don't know if it's worth one of my moves. Although if Stevie doesn't play this week, that's a guaranteed zero points where Allen could get two touchdowns for all I know.

Cam Newton @ Minnesota or Joe Flacco hosting Green Bay?

Both had lackluster games last week.  I'm inclined to go with Cam again since GB has been pretty stingy so far this season with good pass defense.  Carolina's O line was pretty awful against the Cards though...

I have Cam in my league, and I am going ride it out. End of the day, I love a QB who can pick up cheap points on the ground, especially when the team specifically runs plays for the guy.

Got home late from work, Jeffery didnt do much. If Megatron isn't a go for Sunday should I use Williams against the Eagles or Jennings against CAR, Jennings might have another good week as long as Ponder isnt starting.

WR/TE/RBs at Flex. My two starters are for RBs are Morris/Murray, do I go with Woodhead or Bernard? This is a PPR league and I could use Olsen but I need someone who will get me at least 20 pts.

Do I risk picking up and starting Flacco against GB or should I stick with Smith at KC? Its a bye week!

Thanks for the reply.

It's an 9 team league and we have 7 WRs and ALL of them play, no benches (weird, I know).

These are my WRs:

Justin Blackmon
Marques Colston
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Josh Gordon
Stevie Johnson
Steve Smith
Huh, yeah, that is an unusual format. In this case, where everybody starts, I'd go ahead and drop Stevie for Keenan Allen. He may be better going forward anyway.

Cam Newton @ Minnesota or Joe Flacco hosting Green Bay?
I think Cam bounces back this week. I'd go with him.

Got home late from work, Jeffery didnt do much. If Megatron isn't a go for Sunday should I use Williams against the Eagles or Jennings against CAR, Jennings might have another good week as long as Ponder isnt starting.

WR/TE/RBs at Flex. My two starters are for RBs are Morris/Murray, do I go with Woodhead or Bernard? This is a PPR league and I could use Olsen but I need someone who will get me at least 20 pts.

Do I risk picking up and starting Flacco against GB or should I stick with Smith at KC? Its a bye week!
If Megatron is out, I'd go with Williams over Jennings. I'd give Bernard the start over Woodhead, but I think both are decent options. I'd stick with Smith over Flacco this week.

Big matchup for me this week to try and keep up against a 4-1 team.  My flex spot is RB/WR/TE.  Here are my options:

Le'Veon Bell (currently in slot, matched up against #3 run defense in Jets)

Giovani Bernard

Kennan Allen

Coby Fleener

Wayne looks like he has lost or will lose his number 1 receiver spot to Hilton, but the match-up is good. SD has given up a ton of passing yards and TDs. Should be enough points to go around.

Big matchup for me this week to try and keep up against a 4-1 team. My flex spot is RB/WR/TE. Here are my options:

Le'Veon Bell (currently in slot, matched up against #3 run defense in Jets)

Giovani Bernard

Kennan Allen

Coby Fleener
I'd swap Bell out for Bernard. The Jets have been really good against the run (less than 3 yards per carry) and the Steelers are a mess right now. As a Steelers fan, it hurts me to say you should start a Bengal over a Steeler, but Bernard is the way I'd go.

Man...I can't decide Josh Gordon or Reggie Wayne. Any opinions?
I love Gordon, but I agree with bigdaddybruce. Wayne has a sweet matchup this week, and he should put up some nice numbers. Go with Reggie.

If anyone has Gronkowsk in their lineup, the situation this week has rapidly degenerated from "highly optimistic" to "ain't fucking happening."

I don't play the team in my league that has Gronk until week 9.  I was hoping I'd dodge that bullet, but I doubt it.  Right now he's 1-4, averaging around 97 ppg.  Week 9 the Patriots play my Steelers.  Watch Gronkowski go sick that day to crush them and me.  Double whammy.  There's almost no way the football gods don't make that happen.

Whats everyone's take on Colston. I have him with a salary of 30 (last year I traded for him, and this season league decides to double salary cap to 200 from 100).

Thanks for the advice Danimal!

I ended up dropping Stevie for K.Allen. I think Stevie will still be a great receiver but with his status up in the air this week and his history of injury problems, I can't risk it. Nothing is worse than starting a guy and he goes out with an injury after a couple of plays.

bread's done
Back