Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

I need Russel Wilson to throw\run in a TD or lynch to catch or run in a TD.. then I need Heath Miller to get a TD.

Got a 49 point lead and I still have A. Johnson left to go. Problem is my opponent still has five players. Luck, and Hopkins tonight and Marshall, Quarless, and Gould going on Monday. Do you think I have a chance?

Wow anybody I had on my team for a week or two than cut lit it up today.

M. Brown

A. Dobson

R. Jennings

R. Streater

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, my one team just can't win. Benched Stacy at the last minute since Murray was confirmed active, started Jackson over Spiller, Cameron doing zip, and benching Brady. Thankfully, I would've lost anyways since my opponent has the highest point total in the league and I would've lost anyways. Not counting he still has one more guy tonight.

My freebie started Mike James, Giovani Bernard, and Zac Stacy. Beautiful point production there.

Damn! Spiller finally has a good game and I have him on my bench. Making it even worse is D. Sproles getting knockout in the first quarter. I can't believe M. James put up 20 points against the Seahawks. It crazy how my bench of Spiller, M. James and L. Miller score 47 and my starters excluding A. Luck and D. Howard-bey, scores only 49. Looks like another losing week for me.

I know its a little early but next week should I drop Thomas and go after Greene or Jennings? It looks like McFadden is hurt again so that helps Jennings and Greene is going against the Jags so there should be a lot of running for the Titans.

This was a weird week where virtually every under-performer put up great numbers.  I'm not taking any of this week as an indication to how "x" player will perform the for remainder of the season.

You think Ivory is now a solid start at RB2 or Flex for the rest of the year?
Yup. Until he eventually inevitably gets injured again.

I remember someone told me early in this thread to drop Woodhead after I drafted him, because he wouldn't do anything without Brady. Chuckle...
Could have been me. I thought he was a system guy, not just because he had Brady but he fit that Kevin Faulk role very well.

Didnt start James or Morris...the big question is who do I use next at RB/Flex Morris again Min, Mike James against Mia, Murray against NO, Woodhead against Den, or Bernard against Bal. Im leaving toward James, Murray, Bernard. I want to use Morris but he is too hot and cold and Woodhead is very consistent but it is Denver who has decent D.

Nice easy win for me this week for a change.  This win puts me at 4-5; I really don't have any margin for error anymore.  Next week should be another easy win since I'll be playing the worst team in the league.  The guy is 1-8; he outright quit on his team this week and didn't even bother to set his lineup.  He had 3 guys on byes starting, along with another guy out with an injury.  Pathetic.

Well week 10 Ryan is playing Seattle and their defense is going to be rough on Atlanta. Should I bench him in favor of another QB, say Big Ben who plays Buf, Keenum who plays Ari, or give Foles again GB another shot?

Out of that group, James is the biggest question mark. He played great against Seattle, but Martin could be back Monday night. I'm sure James will still get work, but at best, he will split touches with Martin. Morris is just such headache, not because of his talent, but because of that whole Redskin running game situation. Nothing more frustrating than to see a backup and/or a fullback run for 3 touchdowns TWICE in the same season. That's a total of 6 damn touchdowns that could have potentially been his. Just give him 3 of those, and you're looking at this fantasy season very differently. He's been very consistent, but he's yet to put up a 20+ point game, because he can't get into the endzone enough. Bernard could get you 20 points or 5, depending how the touches get distributed and if Baltimore shows up. Woodhead is great in PPR leagues, but loses a lot of his appeal in standard leagues, if he doesn't get into the endzone. He's been stood up at the goal line a bunch this year, so he may very well lose the few redzone carries he gets, further decreasing his chances of getting a score.

Basically, you have some very appealing options, all with some flaws...

For once, I made the right call on Ty Hilton.  30 points in my money league this week, the deciding factor in the win.  I'll only be 4-5 but if I can sneak into the playoffs I like my team's chances.

The one week I put Chris "Sorry-Ass" Johnson on the bench, he goes big.

I hope I can get about 45 out of Rodgers, Nelson, and Boykin tonight. If not I will be pissed. The win would get me into 1st place, for the first time all season.

Had a 59 point lead with my opponent having three more guys going with Marshall, Quarless, and Gould. Thought I was safe but that first Bears drive has me worried.

I win! Suck it, life!

Ive lost 5 games in 4 leagues through 9 weeks. Pretty good job Id say. Considering ive lost Cobb, Wayne, Julio, Gronk (for the first part)

Out of that group, James is the biggest question mark. He played great against Seattle, but Martin could be back Monday night. I'm sure James will still get work, but at best, he will split touches with Martin. Morris is just such headache, not because of his talent, but because of that whole Redskin running game situation. Nothing more frustrating than to see a backup and/or a fullback run for 3 touchdowns TWICE in the same season. That's a total of 6 damn touchdowns that could have potentially been his. Just give him 3 of those, and you're looking at this fantasy season very differently. He's been very consistent, but he's yet to put up a 20+ point game, because he can't get into the endzone enough. Bernard could get you 20 points or 5, depending how the touches get distributed and if Baltimore shows up. Woodhead is great in PPR leagues, but loses a lot of his appeal in standard leagues, if he doesn't get into the endzone. He's been stood up at the goal line a bunch this year, so he may very well lose the few redzone carries he gets, further decreasing his chances of getting a score.

Basically, you have some very appealing options, all with some flaws...
Thanks maybe I'll stick with Woodhead since its PPR, I dont think Martin will be back so I might go with James. Bernard also sounds good. I want to use Murray but he might not get very many touches and Morris is on hot/cold Wash offense.

My five teams scored a combined 590 this week. 4-1 and would be 5-0 if Andre Johnson didn't catch that one bomb.

I was up HUGE (~70 points) going into Monday night, but my opponent had a zillion guys playing, including Starks and Lacy. You can see where this is going. I could have potentially staved him off if Boykin did anything, but once Rodgers went down, I knew I was screwed...

Anyway, PPR flex this week:

Ellington vs. Texans

Marvin Jones vs. Ravens

Shorts vs. Titans

I have Andre Brown coming off of IR, but I want him to play one game first, so I can see a) if he's healthy and b) if he really does end up getting the bulk of the work, as sources are claiming.

Couple of questions for week 10, if you guys don't mind.

QB:
Wilson @Falcons
Stafford @Bears

TE:
Need to target one of these just in case J. Thomas cant go.

Wright vs.Dolphins
Fauria @Bears

Thanks

Me too. Wilson has been fantasy gold this year, even in games where he plays bad. Things just always seem to break for him, and the play calling is heavily in his favor recently. But that has has also led to some questionable situations, like the pick he threw at the 3 yard line last week. In my opinion (biased Lynch owner), I think you could start seeing them going back to pounding the ball when they get into the redzone. The matchup against the Falcons is good, but so is Stafford's against the Bears. The Bear defense stinks this year and was only saved last night by Rodgers going down. Pretty much everyone else has moved the ball whenever they wanted to against them, including the Giants.

I was up HUGE (~70 points) going into Monday night, but my opponent had a zillion guys playing, including Starks and Lacy. You can see where this is going. I could have potentially staved him off if Boykin did anything, but once Rodgers went down, I knew I was screwed...

Ellington vs. Texans

Marvin Jones vs. Ravens

Shorts vs. Titans

I have Andre Brown coming off of IR, but I want him to play one game first, so I can see a) if he's healthy and b) if he really does end up getting the bulk of the work, as sources are claiming.
I like Ellington out of that group.

Ellington vs. Texans

Marvin Jones vs. Ravens

Shorts vs. Titans

I'd go with Jones personally with Ellington as a close 2nd.

Couple of questions for week 10, if you guys don't mind.

QB:
Wilson @Falcons
Stafford @Bears

TE:
Need to target one of these just in case J. Thomas cant go.

Wright vs.Dolphins
Fauria @Bears

Thanks
Stafford and Wright.

I kinda like Nicks this week. The Raider pass defense, obviously got shredded apart by the Eagles, and now, they have to go on the road for a 1PM game on the east coat? Yeah, that can't be good. Nicks is clearly not the player he use to be, but he has still posted some decent receiving yardage numbers this year. It is his lack of TDs that has made him a real disappointment. I have a feeling that coming off the bye and having Andre Brown in the backfield should help things out.

Need 2 RB's 2 WR's and a flex out of these guys.(non ppr)

L. McCoy
A. Morris
S. Greene
A. Johnson
H. Nicks
K. Allen
K. Wright

Also who starts at QB?
Stafford or Wilson

Thanks

Need 2 RB's 2 WR's and a flex out of these guys.(non ppr)

L. McCoy
A. Morris
S. Greene
A. Johnson
H. Nicks
K. Allen
K. Wright

Also who starts at QB?
Stafford or Wilson

Thanks
McCoy, Morris, Johnson, Allen, and Nicks, and Stafford at QB.

Well if Culter starts this week do I put him in or Ryan?
I would go with Cutler if he starts.

foles or luck this week
I know Foles is tempting after his huge week, but I'd definitely go with Luck.

Alright, I don't know how this happened, but my Yahoo team is gushing with RBs right now. Next Saturday is the trade deadline so I'm hoping a bunch of these guys have good weeks so I can trade for some WRs that I desperately need.

I have 2 RB and 2 Flex spots open, so I can play 4 of these guys:

Reggie Bush

Mike James

C.J. Spiller

Frank Gore

Fred Jackson

Ben Tate

Andre Ellington

Right now I have Jackson, Tate and Ellington on the bench. What do you guys think?

Flex Spot: Le'Veon Bell, Gio Bernard, Hakeem Nicks, Stevie Johnson.  The RB's have been stronger, but face top 10 defenses at their position.  The WR's have been inconsistent, but face bottom 5 defenses of their position.

And at defense, the stronger Carolina Panthers against SF or the Giants against the Raiders?

Flex Spot: Le'Veon Bell, Gio Bernard, Hakeem Nicks, Stevie Johnson. The RB's have been stronger, but face top 10 defenses at their position. The WR's have been inconsistent, but face bottom 5 defenses of their position.

And at defense, the stronger Carolina Panthers against SF or the Giants against the Raiders?
Nicks and the Giants Defense.

Deciding on my bye week QB. Terrelle Pryor who has been relatively consistent and fairly safe, or buy on Nick Foles and hope for another crazy game?

Russel Wilson vs Atlanta or Matthew Stafford vs Chicago? 

Also need to pick 3:

Steve Smith vs 49ers

Calvin Johnson vs Chicago

Terrance Williams vs Saints

Ruben Randall vs Oakland

Eddie Royal vs Denver

bread's done
Back