Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

Russel Wilson vs Atlanta or Matthew Stafford vs Chicago?

Also need to pick 3:

Steve Smith vs 49ers
Calvin Johnson vs Chicago
Terrance Williams vs Saints
Ruben Randall vs Oakland
Eddie Royal vs Denver
Everyone keeps picking Stafford even thought Wilson is projected to do better today.

Johnson
Randall
Royal

Everyone keeps picking Stafford even thought Wilson is projected to do better today.

Johnson
Randall
Royal
Thanks. I trust Stafford but it's so hard not to take Wilson today, lol. The only redeeming factor is that the game may be a shoot out. Also, Terrance Williams and Steve smith are projected to do better but I don't trust them at all haha.

Thanks. I trust Stafford but it's so hard not to take Wilson today, lol. The only redeeming factor is that the game may be a shoot out. Also, Terrance Williams and Steve smith are projected to do better but I don't trust them at all haha.
I like Johnson since its Johnson and you don't sit him. Randall and Royal are going against poor pass defenses and the Raiders also have to travel for the dreaded east coast 1:00 game.

Alright, I don't know how this happened, but my Yahoo team is gushing with RBs right now. Next Saturday is the trade deadline so I'm hoping a bunch of these guys have good weeks so I can trade for some WRs that I desperately need.

I have 2 RB and 2 Flex spots open, so I can play 4 of these guys:

Reggie Bush

Mike James

C.J. Spiller

Frank Gore

Fred Jackson

Ben Tate

Andre Ellington

Right now I have Jackson, Tate and Ellington on the bench. What do you guys think?
I don't trust Spiller. I think I'd swap in Ellington in his place. Tate is now the featured back in Houston, so I might start him ahead of Spiller, too. Spiller was big last week, but has been pretty disappointing this year otherwise. He could go off and make me look bad, bit I'd trust Ellington ahead of him for now.

Flex Spot: Le'Veon Bell, Gio Bernard, Hakeem Nicks, Stevie Johnson. The RB's have been stronger, but face top 10 defenses at their position. The WR's have been inconsistent, but face bottom 5 defenses of their position.

And at defense, the stronger Carolina Panthers against SF or the Giants against the Raiders?
I'd go with Bernard and the Panthers. Tough calls at both spots for sure.

Having second thought on my line-up this week.

Stafford or Wilson
J. Thomas or T. Wright
A. Johnson or K. Wright

Thanks
I agree with fatmanforlife99 here; Stafford, Thomas, and Johnson.

Deciding on my bye week QB. Terrelle Pryor who has been relatively consistent and fairly safe, or buy on Nick Foles and hope for another crazy game?
I think I'd roll the dice with Foles. He won't go that sick again, but he's still fighting to be the outright starter. I think he has a nice game this week.

Russel Wilson vs Atlanta or Matthew Stafford vs Chicago?

Also need to pick 3:

Steve Smith vs 49ers

Calvin Johnson vs Chicago

Terrance Williams vs Saints

Ruben Randall vs Oakland

Eddie Royal vs Denver
Stafford over Wilson. Megatron for sure, and I think I'd go with Williams and Randall as well.

All I know is that I'm never doubting Golden Tate again.  Going to promote him to full-time FLEX over Martellus Bennett who rarely gets into the double digits.

Yea Tate can put up numbers but with Harvin back next week...

Hopefully Cutler isnt out too long with his ankle.

In PPR leagues, I will never bench Bernard again. He's a great flex/RB3 option 

Anyways should I drop any of these 3, Jennings, Bennett, Marvin Jones, for someone long term for the playoffs and since this is a keeper league, I was considering next year too. I was looking at Tavon Austin for next year, Boykins (GB), or Randle?

Might snag Wayne or Blackmon at the end of the season since they will play next year

Andre Brown and Jarrett Boykin on my bench...Cecil Shorts and Hakeem Nicks started...ugh. And at about 12:45, I was listening to the pre-game for the Giants game on the radio, and they were talking about the wind. I was going to bench Nicks and put Brown at my flex, but I stopped myself, because every last second move I made this year has blown-up in my face. Now, I need a solid performance (18 points, .5 PPR) out of VJax to salvage a win...

EDIT: Oh, I also lost 3 points when the Ravens gave up that bonehead hailmary TD at the end of the game. So, all-in-all, a really cruddy fantasy week for me on all fronts. If I somehow pull out the win, this just might be my year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Brown and Boykin on my bench, too.  Chris Johnson and Victor Cruz starting.  Fortunately for me, it didn't matter much this week.  I was playing the worst team in the league this year.  Probably the worst team we've ever had in the league in all the years we've been doing it.  He's 1-9 now, and he hasn't scored in triple-digits since week 1.  He's scored under 72 points six times this year, including 34 last week and 42 this week against me.  Yeesh. 

My nightmare of a season has gotten a bit better the past 2 weeks.  I'm 5-5 now, and I've climbed out of last place in my division.  The other teams in my division are 6-4, 5-5, and 4-6.  My opponent next week has been hit by injuries lately (Aaron Rodgers and Arian Foster) and he traded for C.J. Spiller a few weeks ago, so his team has been in a tailspin.  After him, my last 2 games are division games against the team that's 5-5 and the team that's 4-6.  The guy who is one game ahead of me is playing the hottest team in the league next week.  This team started 0-4, but has won their last 6 games, scoring over 120 in 5 of the last 6.  I can't believe I'm still in the hunt.

So which Tampa Rb should we put a claim on? I picked up Mike James when Doug Martin when down and it was looking as a great pick up for me. Now, I'm shaky at the RB position again. Here's to hoping S. Vereen comes back strong as I might have to start him.

I think Rainey might actually be the better option. Leonard is a career back-up. Rainey's never really gotten much of a chance, and he looked really good last night. Guy's got absurd speed. I suspect Leonard will get the start next week, but after his 3 yards a carry performance last night, Rainey should see a few more carries.

Vereen's value is really tied to Ridley and whether he tumbles back into the doghouse. In a PPR league, Vereen will still be a solid play, no matter what. He'll take most of the snaps away from Bolden, who put up some decent performances this year. If Ridley doesn't fumble and plays well, he's still the more talented runner. He puts it on the ground, though, and you may never see him with a helmet on again. Of course, he lost one last week and still played, so who really knows. Bill might actually make him pay for that THIS week...

Need advice:
I have the Titans and Panthers defense and both have rather bad matchups this week. I was wondering if it would be worth dropping on of those to go after the Texans or the Jets that both have better matchups? I don't want to lose either of them since most weeks they are top 10 plays, but I am also fighting to keep my playoff spot with 3 divisional games left on my schedule.

Thanks

p.s.
Also Stafford or Wilson this week?

I can't believe I just put in a bid for McCown.  It was either him or Palmer.  Romo is on bye this week and I'm playing the #2 team (I'm in first - we have the same record and are separated by like 15 points total) so it is going to be tough to squeeze out a win.  He's got Brees and Stafford starting this week... ugh.  I'm pretty sure I'll grab a playoff spot since there seem to be 5 teams fighting for 4 places with the rest of the league well under .500 so it might not even matter.  Although the #4 and #5 teams are pretty weak (been getting lucky on match-ups) so securing the #1 seed is pretty important.

I'm 150 points ahead of the second highest scoring team, and I'm 4-6 and need to win out to make the playoffs.

I'm going to just release my players and hope the last place teams pick them up.

I'm 150 points ahead of the second highest scoring team, and I'm 4-6 and need to win out to make the playoffs.

I'm going to just release my players and hope the last place teams pick them up.
That happened to me a few years ago - highest point total in the league and I missed the playoffs. I was not happy.

Mike James done for the season oh well maybe I'll grab one of the Texan's other backs since Foster is out

Thinking of dumping Marvin Jones should I snag Rishard Mathews, Boykins on GB or Andre Roberts? The would just serve as a backup or a WR4

What do you think is fair for Nick Foles? I have him and need a te very bad. What would be the highest ranking te you would give up for him?

6pt tds for everything and half ppr.

Needed a defense with a decent matchup so I had to drop the Titans and went with the Texans. But now I am having second thoughts since the Jets are also still out there.

So I guess my question is who will get me the most points this week.

Panthers vs Pats
Texans vs Raiders
Jets @ Bills

How many teams are in your league?  Who is your starting QB?  Is anyone in need of a QB right now (like whoever has Rodgers)?  Is Jordan Reed available?  He seems to be out there in a lot of leagues and I think he is a solid play at TE.

The problem with TE is that there is Jimmy Graham and then 3 second tier guys and then the next 8-10 guys are basically all the same.  If you can't get one of the second tier guys (Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron or Vernon Davis - who has a concussion), I wouldn't make a trade straight up with Foles who has been great.  You might want to hold on to Foles in case something happens to Peyton too. 

Yeah that's the only hesitation I have about trading Foles. Well, Graham is off the table. Would you trade him for Gronk? The guy has cam at qb, but he is not trustworthy. The same guy also has Thomas as well. Another guy has Cutler and Campbell at qb and Davis and Cameron at te. Vernon's concussion doesn't sound that bad, but I don't want to trade for an injured player. He needs the most help but is likely out of the playoff hunt. He can only get in the two wild card spots since I'm 9-1 and he his 6 games back of me in the division. The other guy is 5-5 and is tied with my brother for the division lead, both teams will most likely make the playoffs.

As some of the regulars may remember, I have been in a bind since Wayne and Cobb went down. I made the deal for VJax, but that 2nd WR spot has been filled by a rotation of disappointment (Nicks, Shorts, and Boykin). I really want to get a 2nd really consistent receiver (even VJax has been putting up duds for me now!). Another player in my league offered me Welker for Woodhead (PPR, so Woodhead has been very valuable) and Andre Brown. I am tempted, but:

a) the Bronco situation is iffy, in my opinion. They play KC twice coming up, and Peyton has that lingering ankle issue. Plus, you never know who the odd man out in that passing game is gonna be. Welker was putting up TDs at an absurd rate early, but was shutout 2 out of the last 3 games.

b) I would be left with just Lynch, Ridley, and Ellington as my RB options. Ridley scares the crap out of me, of course.

What do you guys think?

^can't go wrong either way IMHO
I think I am leaning towards Wilson this week.

Ok need two RB's two WR's and a flex out of this group.

L. McCoy

A. Morris

C. Ivory

S. Greene

A. Johnson

K. Allen

H. Nicks

K. Wright

I know I am starting McCoy, Morris, and Johnson but after that its a toss up.

Wright has a good matchup but its the Thursday night game so scoring is always a little down. Ivory and Aleen both have tougher match ups this week. I would hate to sit Nicks this week and he finally breaks through.

As some of the regulars may remember, I have been in a bind since Wayne and Cobb went down. I made the deal for VJax, but that 2nd WR spot has been filled by a rotation of disappointment (Nicks, Shorts, and Boykin). I really want to get a 2nd really consistent receiver (even VJax has been putting up duds for me now!). Another player in my league offered me Welker for Woodhead (PPR, so Woodhead has been very valuable) and Andre Brown. I am tempted, but:

a) the Bronco situation is iffy, in my opinion. They play KC twice coming up, and Peyton has that lingering ankle issue. Plus, you never know who the odd man out in that passing game is gonna be. Welker was putting up TDs at an absurd rate early, but was shutout 2 out of the last 3 games.

b) I would be left with just Lynch, Ridley, and Ellington as my RB options. Ridley scares the crap out of me, of course.

What do you guys think?
I can understand your concern. It's definitely a risk/reward trade. It will leave you a little thin at RB, and of course Lynch still has his bye coming up. That may factor in; I don't know how precarious your playoff chances are. Then again, apart from last week, Welker is the absolute model of consistency. Sounds like they're expecting Peyton to play this week. I'm really not sure what advice to give you on this trade. I think I would do it, but yeah, I'd be nervous about it.

I think I am leaning towards Wilson this week.

Ok need two RB's two WR's and a flex out of this group.

L. McCoy

A. Morris

C. Ivory

S. Greene

A. Johnson

K. Allen

H. Nicks

K. Wright

I know I am starting McCoy, Morris, and Johnson but after that its a toss up.

Wright has a good matchup but its the Thursday night game so scoring is always a little down. Ivory and Aleen both have tougher match ups this week. I would hate to sit Nicks this week and he finally breaks through.
I'd go with McCoy, Morris, Ivory, Johnson, and Allen.

Just got offered a trade that's based on a keepers league. What do you guys think?

I give up David WIlson, I get in return Mark Ingram.

Ingram is pretty meh (except for last game) but I'd like to get something out of Wilson considering people are saying it's a career threatening injury.

Should I trust the Chiefs Defense the rest of the way? The last place team has some pieces that I could use.

Trade deadline is next week, I have Titans D, was thinking of trying to get Moreno and Carolina in a package deal, since I am a little thin at RB. Right now I got Charles, Freddy Jackson, and CJ0K. He also has Woodhead and Sproles, and I could probably get one of them much easier and not swap my biggest chip.

I'm good at receiver with Cooper, VJax, and Jordy Nelson.

Just looking for a little more to get me over the hump. I am currently in second place, but my division is tight right now. Rodgers coming back should help, but Foles is doing well now.

Any thoughts?

S. Vereen/L. Miller/D. Sproles/C.J. Spiller/B. Rainy? I only have 1 spot open. As I said in another post, I've got S. Vereen slotted in right now.

I'm on the verge of missing the Playoffs in my league with a horrible 4 game losing streak. Who should I start as my RB2. It's PPR...

CJ Spiller(Jets)
Lamar Miller(SD)
Bernard Pierce(@CHI)
Steven Jackson(@TB)

Then I need a flex from one of them or
Steve Smith(NE)
Marvin Jones(CLE)

Need opinions on a flex for this weekend between:

K. Allen
H. Nicks
C. Ivory

Thanks

P.S.
Also Akers or Lindell as a kicker this week.

I'm on the verge of missing the Playoffs in my league with a horrible 4 game losing streak. Who should I start as my RB2. It's PPR...

CJ Spiller(Jets)
Lamar Miller(SD)
Bernard Pierce(@CHI)
Steven Jackson(@TB)

Then I need a flex from one of them or
Steve Smith(NE)
Marvin Jones(CLE)
As disappointing as he's been, I think I'd go Spiller. Most upside. Plus, my opponent this week is starting him, so he's bound to have a productive week. At flex, I'd go with Smith. Just a gut pick.

Need opinions on a flex for this weekend between:

K. Allen
H. Nicks
C. Ivory

Thanks

P.S.
Also Akers or Lindell as a kicker this week.
I'd go with Allen at the flex and Lindell at kicker.

2nd WR out of this corps of crap:

Boykin

Nicks

Marvin Jones

Shorts

I have Boykin starting, but a 3rd string QB in Giant Stadium has me worried. It is not that windy here right now, but I don't know about later.

Really struggling with picking Russel Wilson or Matthew Stafford. I know both matchups look good. I also have Megatron so I am leaning towards Wilson just incase Megatron has a bad game..

Really struggling with picking Russel Wilson or Matthew Stafford. I know both matchups look good. I also have Megatron so I am leaning towards Wilson just incase Megatron has a bad game..
If it means anything I have the same choice and I went with Wilson. I live in Pittsburgh and the weather is kind of cold, rainy, and windy. With Stafford being a more indoor QB and Wilson being rated a little higher this week I went with Wilson.

I also have Akers as my kicker and just changed to Lindell based on the weather and the stadium being hard to kick in.

Need more advice and opinions on my flex please.

K. Allen
H. Nicks
C. Ivory

2nd WR out of this corps of crap:

Boykin
Nicks
Marvin Jones
Shorts

I have Boykin starting, but a 3rd string QB in Giant Stadium has me worried. It is not that windy here right now, but I don't know about later.
If it means anything this is the first week I am not playing Nicks so that means he is going to have a good week for sure.

If it means anything I have the same choice and I went with Wilson. I live in Pittsburgh and the weather is kind of cold, rainy, and windy. With Stafford being a more indoor QB and Wilson being rated a little higher this week I went with Wilson.

I also have Akers as my kicker and just changed to Lindell based on the weather and the stadium being hard to kick in.

K. Allen
H. Nicks
C. Ivory
I'd go with Allen in the flex.

Would you guys start Foles over Brady this week? It sounds crazy but Brady is up against the Carolina defense...

I'm actually starting Foles over Brady in my money league this week as well. He'd had ONE good game. Crazy to say, but I don't trust Brady yet. Got to ride Foles until he cools off.

Had a crazy thought for my PPR league though. Hearing about all this bad weather, would you keep in Matt Forte (vs Ravens) or go with Giovani Bernard (vs Browns)?

K. Allen
H. Nicks
C. Ivory

Thanks. I also just remembered that Percy Harvin is back today too That could be huge.

bread's done
Back