Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

[quote name='shinryuu']^Tate, if Foster is ruled out. Otherwise, Blount.
Devery Henderson
Gronkowski, especially since Aaron Hernandez is out and the NE offense is hot.

waewaeawlrkjwe I'm throwing a hail mary and dropping Bess for D. Moore even though I feel David Nelson and Decker may be more consistent.

Got offered Foster for Ryan Matthews. Should I take it? I have Tate and I'm starting him or Matthews alongside MJD. =/[/QUOTE]

Arian Foster for Ryan Mathews straight up? I know Foster's hurt but damn. It's not like Mathews is even the only back on his team. I'd go for it.

I'd jump all over that Foster for Mathews deal. Sure, Foster could wind up a huge bust but there is tons of upside.

RM will never be more than a middling option unless Tolbert goes down. Plus, RM hasn't been the most durable back in his own right.

I have Foster who has been nothing but a disappointment, probably will be again this week, and Mike Williams.

RB- Mike Tolbert, Darren Sproles
WR- Erin Decker, Santana Moss, Plaxico Burress

Thinking about keeping in Mike Williams, but Foster is coming out. I kind of like Tolbert, but since all he is really good for are goal-line touches I'm weary. Erin Decker has been hot, but Santana Moss seems like a safe choice. Then again, with Sexy Rexy as QB, I can't for sure take anything on that team seriously because he can have great games and he can have utterly atrocious games.

Take Foster. Give him 2 weeks and he will be back up to his old self while Mathews shares carries. Then again, with how Ben Tate is playing, I think Foster might start sharing the workload as well or have Tate vulture up the goal-line touches.

[quote name='shinryuu']Ugh, one of my teams is severely lacking in the WR department. I'm 0-2 in this league and have the #1 WW priority this week. I'm gonna drop Bess for Decker, however there are some other WRs/TEs still available (McCluster, Nate Washington, Scott Chandler, Denarius Moore, David Nelson). If possible, I'd pick up two but then I'd have to drop someone I may not want to (Knowshon Moreno, Percy Harvin, Reggie Bush, or Plaxico Burress).

Should I drop Bess for someone else instead?
[/QUOTE]

Drop Bess. Seriously. If you want a WR, Washington (Tenn) and LaFell (carolina) are two of my favs right now.

[quote name='DestroVega']my TE's are really no good. Winslow and Kendricks. Should I pickup Chandler from BUF or Davis from WASH

I'm #1 wavier priority, I'm 2-0 and first in points in the league. I thought Davis was the no brainer but Chandler already has 3 TDs, so now I'm torn.

Thanks for any feedback.[/QUOTE]

Davis. Chandler is nice, but I prefer targets over TDs. Chandler is getting some red zone love, but not enough looks elsewhere - makes for potential feast/famine.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Major decisions this week:

RB3- Tolbert, Blount, Cadillac, or Tate
WR2- AJ Green, Manningham, or Devery
TE- Jermichael, or Grownkowski

Heeeeeelp me![/QUOTE]

Tolbert, Blount (or Tate if no Foster)
Green and Devery
Gron (no Hernandez this week)

[quote name='shinryuu']Got offered Foster for Ryan Matthews. Should I take it? I have Tate and I'm starting him or Matthews alongside MJD. =/[/QUOTE]

I'm not big on Foster this year (something I'm certain I've made mention of numerous times), but you really should be slapped for asking that question. Total Pimp Slap.

The trigger better have been pulled before you even posted here.

[quote name='Kilraven']
Tolbert, Blount (or Tate if no Foster)
Green and Devery
Gron (no Hernandez this week)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help but when I said RB3 and WR2 I meant that it would be my 3rd rb (Hillis, and Rice are 1 and 2) and my second wr (real steve smith). So if i had to choose 1 wr and 1 rb who would it be?

Wow! just realized the commissioner of my league added points for kick return yards/TD's. Not sure he knew what the change created, but i just swapped out a ton of my team to capitalize.

Deji Karim for Rashard Mendenhall
Mike Goodson for Tim Hightower

... am I crazy to make those moves? or did I catch a secret in custom scoring?

[quote name='jbrun85']Wow! just realized the commissioner of my league added points for kick return yards/TD's. Not sure he knew what the change created, but i just swapped out a ton of my team to capitalize.

... am I crazy to make those moves? or did I catch a secret in custom scoring?[/QUOTE]

You are crazy. :D

[quote name='gbpackers94']Thanks for the help but when I said RB3 and WR2 I meant that it would be my 3rd rb (Hillis, and Rice are 1 and 2) and my second wr (real steve smith). So if i had to choose 1 wr and 1 rb who would it be?[/QUOTE]

Blount and Green seem to be the safest.

[quote name='jbrun85']Wow! just realized the commissioner of my league added points for kick return yards/TD's. Not sure he knew what the change created, but i just swapped out a ton of my team to capitalize.

... am I crazy to make those moves? or did I catch a secret in custom scoring?[/QUOTE]

Wtf?

So I have a problem that most would love to have: Steve Smith has pretty much claimed his must-start status, but imo I can't really swap him for my starting 3--Fitz and Wallace are every week guys, and Stevie Johnson is arguable too with Buffalo's offense blowing up.

So, should I put Smith (vs. Jac) in my flex for Tolbert (vs. KC)? Or even something drastic like put Smith at flex, and Tolbert as my RB2 for Bradshaw (@ Phi)? I'm pretty high on Tolbert this week because he's going against an anemic KC defense.

Should I offer Mike Tolbert for Mike Wallace?

RB: R. Rice, L. Blount, P. Hillis, M. Tolbert, C. Williams, B. Tate
WR: S. Smith (car), A.J. Green, M. Manningham, L. Evans, R. Cobb, D. Henderson

In my league there are 2RB, 2WR, and 1 flex.

Also should I drop any of those people (I'm looking at you Lee Evans)?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I offer Mike Tolbert for Mike Wallace?

Also should I drop any of those people (I'm looking at you Lee Evans)?[/QUOTE]

I would do it.

Not at all, unless you dropped them. Return yardage is sick if implemented.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I offer Mike Tolbert for Mike Wallace?

Also should I drop any of those people (I'm looking at you Lee Evans)?[/QUOTE]

I can see dropping Evans, but I wouldm't do that trade. There are still enough WRs on the WW to play match-ups for your Bye weeks. But giving up Tolbert could hurt you if Rice or Hillis go down.

Trying to figure out my 2nd WR this week. After last week, I think I have to go Maclin (NYG) as he may have found his groove now. But the potential of Vick not starting scares me even if the reports of Kafka (according to my roommate) are good. But it's hard to bench Steve Smith - CAR (JAX).

Here's what I have in my money league

For the my 2nd WR and flex should I start Ward/Lloyd/Moore over McCluster and Denaruis Moore?
Also Im benching Foster this week in favor of Jackson. Thoughts?

[quote name='icp_00_111']should I start Chris Johnson or Javad Best? I think I should stick it out with Johnson but idk.[/QUOTE]I'd give CJ2K at least one more week to show me something before I'd bench him. He's going to break out sooner or later.

[quote name='JStryke']Trying to figure out my 2nd WR this week. After last week, I think I have to go Maclin (NYG) as he may have found his groove now. But the potential of Vick not starting scares me even if the reports of Kafka (according to my roommate) are good. But it's hard to bench Steve Smith - CAR (JAX).[/QUOTE]I think at this point, Steve Smith is a must-start every week. Carolina is going to throw and throw and throw, and Newton loves Smith. He's going to have a huge year.

[quote name='kube00']Here's what I have in my money league

For the my 2nd WR and flex should I start Ward/Lloyd/Moore over McCluster and Denaruis Moore?
Also Im benching Foster this week in favor of Jackson. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't start anyone from K.C. right now. I like Ward this week. Just a hunch. And yeah, I'd go with Jackson over Foster for now, too scary to start a guy that may be limping off the field after three or four carries. The way Tate is playing, they have absolutely no reason to give Foster more than 10 touches even if he's feeling good.

Should I start Cam Newton or Josh Freeman at QB?

Also, I'm thinking of starting Jabar Gaffney in my flex spot over Felix Jones (Because of the shoulder injury).

One more question, Greg Olsen(doubled with Newton) or Dallas Clark at TE?

Team would be:

QB: Newton/Freeman
RB: Shonne Green, James Starks
WR: Calvin Johnson, Brandon lloyd
Flex: Gaffney/Jones
TE: Olsen/Clark
K: John Kasay
DEF: Green Bay

Newton & it's not even close.

Felix Jones is basically unstartable this week considering he could easily be a Monday Night inactive.

Greg Olsen. Carolina has been very pass happy & Clark is relying on a dinged up Coillins vs Pit.

I took the Foster (traded away Matthews) trade, thanks for the advice.

I'm starting Denerius Moore, David Nelson (flex), and Devery Henderson over Percy Harvin... I'm doing the right thing, right? =p

i could really use some flex spot help...as it stands right now i am starting rice and beanie wells at RB and white and vjax at WR...now my problem lies with this...should I go with Ben Tate or Kenny Britt at my flex? both have been great so far and I am really torn on this issue...OR should I keep Britt at my flex and start tate ahead of wells?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Current wr starters are Jordy Nelson and Devery Henderson and picked up Mohamed Massaquoi. Sould I start Mohamed over Jordy or Devery?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. NO's other WRs are banged up or out and they are playing Houston. My concern would be Nelson, since GB has so many other options, but at this point he seems to be Rodgers' second favorite target behind Jennings.

I'm stuck at the QB position. Who should I start this week Ryan (vs TB) or Fitzpatrick (vs NE)? I'm thinking Fitzpatrick since NE will score a lot but I haven't seen him play all year. Any advice?

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I'm stuck at the QB position. Who should I start this week Ryan (vs TB) or Fitzpatrick (vs NE)? I'm thinking Fitzpatrick since NE will score a lot but I haven't seen him play all year. Any advice?[/QUOTE]

This is a tough one. I give the slight nod to Ryan though. However, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

My dilemma is do I start at WR, Patrick Crayton vs KC or Devin Hester vs GB?

Edit: Just picked up Nelson off waivers instead of them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I'm stuck at the QB position. Who should I start this week Ryan (vs TB) or Fitzpatrick (vs NE)? I'm thinking Fitzpatrick since NE will score a lot but I haven't seen him play all year. Any advice?[/QUOTE]

I am going Fitzpatrick with this one. Stevie Johnson is not looking 100 percent but that Buffalo offense looks to be the real deal. Nelson stepped in and is looking like a great add for anyone hurting at WR. Good Luck

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Current wr starters are Jordy Nelson and Devery Henderson and picked up Mohamed Massaquoi. Sould I start Mohamed over Jordy or Devery?[/QUOTE]

Jordy should start for sure. Henderson and Massaquoa are pretty much a toss up for me. I would roll the dice with Henderson but I don't hate Massaquoi.

Tate for sure. T. Jones or F. Jones? Beanie Wells might be a risky play since he's a game-time decision on a MNF game, and Sproles will get his receptions... so I'd roll with Sproles. =p

To those who drafted Payton Manning: have you dropped him yet? I have him but with news that Gates might not play, I may need to drop him for a backup TE. =/

[quote name='Mike23']Pick 2 RBs (PPR): Sproles, Tate, Jones, B. Wells

Had both Foster and Charles.[/QUOTE]

Tate and Jones (assuming it's Felix and not Thomas Jones).

Otherwise Tate and Sproles.

[quote name='shinryuu']Tate for sure. T. Jones or F. Jones? Beanie Wells might be a risky play since he's a game-time decision on a MNF game, and Sproles will get his receptions... so I'd roll with Sproles. =p

To those who drafted Payton Manning: have you dropped him yet? I have him but with news that Gates might not play, I may need to drop him for a backup TE. =/[/QUOTE]

My league has an IR spot so I have him sitting on there.

My question: Percy Harvin or Daniel Thomas in the flex spot this week?

(my other 2 RBs are McCoy and McFadden, and my other two WR are Maclin and Mike Williams TB)

Start Fitzpatrick, I think you roll with him till he lets ya down.

[quote name='shinryuu']To those who drafted Payton Manning: have you dropped him yet? I have him but with news that Gates might not play, I may need to drop him for a backup TE. =/[/QUOTE]I've still got him taking up space on my roster. I almost wish they'd just put him on IR and say he's out for the year. Even if he comes back late in the season, I'm not sure I'd feel confident starting him. Of course, if I drop him now, someone else will grab him, stash him, and he'll come back and haunt me in the playoffs with a monster game. My kicker has a bye week 6; I'll have to drop someone then to add a replacement.

Who do you guys like out of my two less-than-stellar options at TE this week: Marcedes Lewis at Carolina (with Blaine Gabbert starting his first game at QB for the Jags) or Jeff King (AZ) at Seattle?

[quote name='Danimal']I've still got him taking up space on my roster. I almost wish they'd just put him on IR and say he's out for the year. Even if he comes back late in the season, I'm not sure I'd feel confident starting him. Of course, if I drop him now, someone else will grab him, stash him, and he'll come back and haunt me in the playoffs with a monster game. My kicker has a bye week 6; I'll have to drop someone then to add a replacement.

Who do you guys like out of my two less-than-stellar options at TE this week: Marcedes Lewis at Carolina (with Blaine Gabbert starting his first game at QB for the Jags) or Jeff King (AZ) at Seattle?[/QUOTE]

I would go with Lewis since RB's AND TE's are a rookies best friends.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Peyton Hillis has strep throat and a fever. Should I start Tate or Tolbert in his place?[/QUOTE]

Tate. I don't think Foster is expected to play.

[quote name='Over easy']Tate. I don't think Foster is expected to play.[/QUOTE]

I also have Montario Hardesty. Peyton Hillis is officially out.

I currently have Kellen Winslow starting over Scott Chandler at the TE position, but Winslow has been listed as questionable since Friday (knee). Has anyone heard whether or not he will be playing today?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Am I crazy for even thinking about benching Jason Witten for Rob Gronkowski?[/QUOTE]

I would start gronkowski. Romo might not even play and Brady has been on fire

I'd go with Vernon Davis (rookie QB is my reasoning)

My question from last page: Daniel Thomas (@MIA) or Percy Harven (DET) in your flex spot? A quick answer is appreciated.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'd go with Vernon Davis (rookie QB is my reasoning)

My question from last page: Daniel Thomas (@MIA) or Percy Harven (DET) in your flex spot? A quick answer is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

I have the most points in the league yet just won my first game, 1-2 now. Had awful luck the first 2 weeks.

Brandon Lloyd has really been a disappointment. Not enough productivity this year. Thinking about trading him for a decent TE because every TE I pick up sucks.

bread's done
Back