Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

lost in 2 of 3 leagues this week, with one game still undecided. not panicking, my guys just didnt put up big numbers this week. i'd like to thank jahvid best, lesean mccoy and anquan boldin for sucking. i'd also like to thank myself for starting james starks over beanie wells. good call there. the only solace is that even if i had started wells over starks, i still would have lost. my opponents just had great weeks and i had mediocre ones.

[quote name='Javery']My team is beastly.

Stafford.
Welker.
McFadden.
Wallace.
Finley.[/QUOTE]

Everyone but Stafford and Welker took a shit this week. I only lost by 6 points but it was by far my worst week. Mendenhall and Chris Johnson are KILLING ME. Finley had nothing too - the Packers score 49 points, Rogers throws for 9 billion yards and Finley can't get in the end zone once? Awful.

[quote name='Javery']Everyone but Stafford and Welker took a shit this week. I only lost by 6 points but it was by far my worst week. Mendenhall and Chris Johnson are KILLING ME. Finley had nothing too - the Packers score 49 points, Rogers throws for 9 billion yards and Finley can't get in the end zone once? Awful.[/QUOTE]
You jinxed yourself, hopefully you don't end up getting Stafford hurt, I have him too.

Ok, so my team has been underperforming terribly. So i've decided to shake it up. A lot. here's my team:

QB Matt Hasselbeck (Ten - QB)
BN Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
BN Colt McCoy (Cle - QB)
WR Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)
WR Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
WR Deion Branch (NE - WR)
BN Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
BN Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)
RB Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
BN Cedric Benson (Cin - RB)
TE Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
BN Scott Chandler (Buf - TE)
K Nick Folk (NYJ - K)
DEF Washington (Was - DEF)

As for shaking up, right now I'm dangling Rivers as trade bait in my league. My WRs and RBs are a crap shoot right now, so I'm hoping to lure in a big time player or 2 that I can start every week without worry. I did get a trade offer after I put Rivers on the block... but strangely enough, not involving Rivers. A five for five player trade. Hasslebeck, Turner, Benson, Harvin, and Davis for Flacco, Hillis, LT, Bowe, and Witten. Any thoughts? I'm not really a fan of this trade. Plus, three of the 5 guys being offered have a bye next week and I'd be trading starters for those guys.

No way would I take that trade. Hillis is going to be split city now that the Browns realize they have a slasher to hand the ball to. LT? Unless the Jets develop an offense, that's season-long benchwarmer. Bowe is nice, but the Chiefs are not. And for those 3 you're, essentially, giving up to solo backs and a playmaker in Harvin (return TDs plus receptions/TD).

Throw in Knox instead of Harvin and the Law Firm over Turner. Then consider the trade.

[quote name='Chronis']Ok, so my team has been underperforming terribly. So i've decided to shake it up. A lot. here's my team:

QB Matt Hasselbeck (Ten - QB)
BN Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
BN Colt McCoy (Cle - QB)
WR Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)
WR Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
WR Deion Branch (NE - WR)
BN Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
BN Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)
RB Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
BN Cedric Benson (Cin - RB)
TE Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
BN Scott Chandler (Buf - TE)
K Nick Folk (NYJ - K)
DEF Washington (Was - DEF)

As for shaking up, right now I'm dangling Rivers as trade bait in my league. My WRs and RBs are a crap shoot right now, so I'm hoping to lure in a big time player or 2 that I can start every week without worry. I did get a trade offer after I put Rivers on the block... but strangely enough, not involving Rivers. A five for five player trade. Hasslebeck, Turner, Benson, Harvin, and Davis for Flacco, Hillis, LT, Bowe, and Witten. Any thoughts? I'm not really a fan of this trade. Plus, three of the 5 guys being offered have a bye next week and I'd be trading starters for those guys.[/QUOTE]

I don't like that trade for you. Yes, Witten is an upgrade. Bowe is an upgrade as well (as bad as the Chiefs are the Vikings are worse). But it's a downgrade everywhere else. Hillis is trending down and LT won't ever be consistent. Hasselbeck has looked good, even after losing Britt. Since you have Rivers though, maybe try trading something like Hasselbeck and Harvin for Bowe.

Ok having a really hard time on this for some reason. Do I take this trade or not?

Crabtree(WR) and James Starks (RB) for DeSean Jackson(WR). DeSean has been so freaking hit or miss so far this season and my main back AP isnt really killing it this year either and I need a back bad. I just pick up some who had a good week last week and 99% of the time that isnt working out for me so well so I need a work horse or at least someone that can get be 10ish points per game. The league I am in has 16 teams so picking up off waivers someone who is worth a fuck is nigh impossible. Thoughts?

I just got offer a trade of Stafford and CJ for Brady and Sparks. No way I'm doing it but upgrading to Brady over Stafford is intriguing - I'm thinking of maybe offering Mendenhall instead of CJ even though that might be overpaying. Thoughts? I still have McFadden at RB too and my plan was to bench Mendenhall for Miles Austin when he comes back anyway (I also start Welker and Wallace at WR). We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 RB/WR. No PPR.

[quote name='Javery']I just got offer a trade of Stafford and CJ for Brady and Sparks. No way I'm doing it but upgrading to Brady over Stafford is intriguing - I'm thinking of maybe offering Mendenhall instead of CJ even though that might be overpaying. Thoughts? I still have McFadden at RB too and my plan was to bench Mendenhall for Miles Austin when he comes back anyway (I also start Welker and Wallace at WR). We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 RB/WR. No PPR.[/QUOTE]

That is an interesting trade idea. I would only do it if you could do Mendenhall and Stafford. Honestly, I have Mendenhall as well, the state of Pittsburghs O-line is absolutely destroying Mendenhalls stock, not to mention he has a slight injury this week. I know Redman isnt the same "caliber" (yet) as Mendenhall, but as a die-hard Pittsburgh fan, I feel he gives us the best chance to win and may start stealing carries from Mendenhall. So yes, I'd do it.

My Question: Should I (try) to grab Darren Sproles off of waivers? Thinking of dropping Thomas. My league is 1QB, 2 RB, 1Rb/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Wr/TE, 1 D/ST, 1K
QB Matthew Stafford, Det QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB LeGarrette Blount, TB
RB/WR Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
WR Vincent Jackson, SD WR Q
WR/TE Steve Johnson, Buf WR
TE Owen Daniels, Hou TE
D/ST Lions D/ST D/ST
K Mason Crosby, GB K

BENCH
RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB Q
WR Miles Austin, Dal WR Q
QB Tony Romo, Dal QB P
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
RB Daniel Thomas, Mia RB Q
WR Sidney Rice, Sea WR
TE Fred Davis, Wsh TE
WR Nate Washington, Ten WR

All I needed going into Sunday nights game was Shonn Greene to get 6 points and he couldn't do it. I lost this week by 1 f'ing point. Aaaaarrrrrgggggggg

[quote name='enemyofusall']That is an interesting trade idea. I would only do it if you could do Mendenhall and Stafford. Honestly, I have Mendenhall as well, the state of Pittsburghs O-line is absolutely destroying Mendenhalls stock, not to mention he has a slight injury this week. I know Redman isnt the same "caliber" (yet) as Mendenhall, but as a die-hard Pittsburgh fan, I feel he gives us the best chance to win and may start stealing carries from Mendenhall. So yes, I'd do it.

My Question: Should I (try) to grab Darren Sproles off of waivers? Thinking of dropping Thomas. My league is 1QB, 2 RB, 1Rb/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Wr/TE, 1 D/ST, 1K
QB Matthew Stafford, Det QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB LeGarrette Blount, TB
RB/WR Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
WR Vincent Jackson, SD WR Q
WR/TE Steve Johnson, Buf WR
TE Owen Daniels, Hou TE
D/ST Lions D/ST D/ST
K Mason Crosby, GB K

BENCH
RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB Q
WR Miles Austin, Dal WR Q
QB Tony Romo, Dal QB P
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
RB Daniel Thomas, Mia RB Q
WR Sidney Rice, Sea WR
TE Fred Davis, Wsh TE
WR Nate Washington, Ten WR
[/QUOTE]

I'd pick up Sproles and drop one of your DST. Neither are good enough to hang on to anyway, so you can just juggle matchups. Sproles has been too consistent so far to leave out there, and now even moreso that bye weeks are starting.

[quote name='MrX']Ok having a really hard time on this for some reason. Do I take this trade or not?

Crabtree(WR) and James Starks (RB) for DeSean Jackson(WR). DeSean has been so freaking hit or miss so far this season and my main back AP isnt really killing it this year either and I need a back bad. I just pick up some who had a good week last week and 99% of the time that isnt working out for me so well so I need a work horse or at least someone that can get be 10ish points per game. The league I am in has 16 teams so picking up off waivers someone who is worth a fuck is nigh impossible. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

first questions, who are your other running backs? how many can you start? who are your other WRs as well?

you have to look at this trade as Starks for Jackson, because that's essentially what it is. Crabtree has been less than worthless and I wouldnt expect any consistent production out of him.

[quote name='Javery']I just got offer a trade of Stafford and CJ for Brady and Sparks. No way I'm doing it but upgrading to Brady over Stafford is intriguing - I'm thinking of maybe offering Mendenhall instead of CJ even though that might be overpaying. Thoughts? I still have McFadden at RB too and my plan was to bench Mendenhall for Miles Austin when he comes back anyway (I also start Welker and Wallace at WR). We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 RB/WR. No PPR.[/QUOTE]

Stafford is having a great year. Points wise he's right up there with Brady, in my league Stafford is the #5 QB and Brady is the #2, so you still have one of the top QBs.

On the other hand, CJ has gotten off to a slow start, but he has HUGE upside. Meanwhile, Starks hasn't pulled ahead of Grant in any significant way and is still going to be in a RBBC unless Grant goes down with a long-term injury. Mendenhall is a better offer, but if it came down to it, I'd rather have Mendenhall over Starks (and I own Starks).

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']first questions, who are your other running backs? how many can you start? who are your other WRs as well?

you have to look at this trade as Starks for Jackson, because that's essentially what it is. Crabtree has been less than worthless and I wouldnt expect any consistent production out of him. [/QUOTE=RAMSTORIA;8922590]

Adrian Peterson is my other back who has been a little hit or miss this year too kinda like DeSean Jackson has. I feel pretty set on the rest of my WRs they arent big names but they are pumping out points which is what I am looking for Here is my roster for this week:

QB Matt Ryan
WR Eric Decker
WR Victor Cruz
WR Brandon LaFell
RB AP
RB Kendall Hunter
TE James Casey

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']first questions, who are your other running backs? how many can you start? who are your other WRs as well?

you have to look at this trade as Starks for Jackson, because that's essentially what it is. Crabtree has been less than worthless and I wouldnt expect any consistent production out of him. [/QUOTE]

Adrian Peterson is my other back who has been a little hit or miss this year too kinda like DeSean Jackson has. I feel pretty set on the rest of my WRs they arent big names but they are pumping out points which is what I am looking for Here is my roster for this week:

QB Matt Ryan
WR Eric Decker
WR Victor Cruz
WR Brandon LaFell
RB AP
RB Kendall Hunter
TE James Casey

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Stafford is having a great year. Points wise he's right up there with Brady, in my league Stafford is the #5 QB and Brady is the #2, so you still have one of the top QBs.

On the other hand, CJ has gotten off to a slow start, but he has HUGE upside. Meanwhile, Starks hasn't pulled ahead of Grant in any significant way and is still going to be in a RBBC unless Grant goes down with a long-term injury. Mendenhall is a better offer, but if it came down to it, I'd rather have Mendenhall over Starks (and I own Starks).[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I'm going to reject the trade. Stafford is playing great and I do feel like he might taper off a bit (and Brady will be consistently great) but there's no way I'm giving up on CJ this early. Also, good point about the QB comparison (they have the same ranking in my league too). I really have no incentive to make any trade (I have the most points in the league right now). I'm going to wait it out.

[quote name='MrX']Adrian Peterson is my other back who has been a little hit or miss this year too kinda like DeSean Jackson has. I feel pretty set on the rest of my WRs they arent big names but they are pumping out points which is what I am looking for Here is my roster for this week:

QB Matt Ryan
WR Eric Decker
WR Victor Cruz
WR Brandon LaFell
RB AP
RB Kendall Hunter
TE James Casey
[/QUOTE]

good lord man! is this a 16 team league or something? are AP and Hunter your only RBs? is Casey really the only TE available or is someone on bye?

i still don't like the trade, but you are super weak at RB. maybe counter offer and try and get a better WR than Crabtree.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']good lord man! is this a 16 team league or something? are AP and Hunter your only RBs? is Casey really the only TE available or is someone on bye?

i still don't like the trade, but you are super weak at RB. maybe counter offer and try and get a better WR than Crabtree.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is a 16 man I have Witten but its his bye week and Heath Miller has been sucking golf balls threw garden hoses this season and yes I am very weak in the RB dept. 16 man leagues suck ass to be weak anywhere you can play the wavier game all week but in the end 99% of the time you are just wasting time other than Decker and Cruz those were lucky week one pick ups for sure. Well at least Decker was..... I wasted a pick on Reggie Bush and I will never do a 16 man again after this one for sure

[quote name='kube00']Fred Jackson or Bradshaw...its a tough call who to play. I have to play Foster[/QUOTE]

Jackson, the guy is on fire and the Eagles run D is horrible.

Seattle's run D is actually not that bad.

I've got a dilemma this week:

Two WR's

Nelson vs Philly
Holmes vs NE
Jones vs Oak

I'm thinking Holmes and Nelson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some serious advice...

1) Should I drop Schiancoe for Chandler?

And

2) who do you like in flex this week? Percy Harvin, David Nelson, Victor Cruz or Stevan Ridley?

[quote name='kube00']Fred Jackson or Bradshaw...its a tough call who to play. I have to play Foster[/QUOTE]

Definately Jackson. Dude is locked-in right now and going against a weak-ass run D.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Jackson, the guy is on fire and the Eagles run D is horrible.

Seattle's run D is actually not that bad.

I've got a dilemma this week:

Two WR's

Nelson vs Philly
Holmes vs NE
Jones vs Oak

I'm thinking Holmes and Nelson.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I like Nelson and Holmes this week.

[quote name='kube00']Fred Jackson or Bradshaw...its a tough call who to play. I have to play Foster[/QUOTE]Definitely Jackson. I'm starting both of those guys this week thanks to Ray Rice being on his bye.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I've got a dilemma this week:

Two WR's

Nelson vs Philly
Holmes vs NE
Jones vs Oak

I'm thinking Holmes and Nelson.[/QUOTE]Yeah, Holmes and Nelson is who I'd go with, too.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Need some serious advice...

And

2) who do you like in flex this week? Percy Harvin, David Nelson, Victor Cruz or Stevan Ridley?[/QUOTE]1. Yes
2. I like Harvin this week.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Need some serious advice...

And

2) who do you like in flex this week? Percy Harvin, David Nelson, Victor Cruz or Stevan Ridley?[/QUOTE]

1. Well, this is a tough one since with Chandler it's all about hoping he scores (since his targets are dropping). Schiancoe it's all about wondering if the Vikings will remotely get in a position for him to score. The thing is this week the Vikings play a Cardinals D that has weaknesses. I would probably pick up Chandler and take my chances.

2. Harvin > Nelson > Cruz > Ridley. Definitely go with Harvin this week.

Need some help. This is my first FF league I've done, and it shows. I'm 0-4. I just received a trade request:

I have:

Santana Moss
Peyton Hillis
Matt Hasselback

Should I trade for:

James Starks
Jeremy Maclin
Tim Hightower

My current team is as follows:

Matt Ryan
Jason Campbell
Matt Hasselback
Peyton Hillis
Rashard Mendenhall
Ladanian Tomlinson
Deion Branch
Eric Decker
Nate Washington
Johnny Knox
Santana Moss
Brandon Pettigrew
Benjamin Watson

Adam Vinatieri

Houston DEF
San Diego DEF

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

4thhorseman, I wouldn't advise that. Peyton Hillis alone should keep you from doing that trade. Right now, he's not doing much and won't be again this week, probably, but he is too good when he gets rolling. Santana Moss is a solid receiver, just unfortunate sexy Rexy is the QB. Either he's good, or terrible.

Tim Hightower is only all right, while James Starks is in a timeshare and he's the backup. Jeremy Maclin is good though.

Should I try picking up Visanthe Shiancoe? I have Dallas Clark, but he isn't doing anything other than mostly blocking. The other TE I have is Ed Dickinson, but he's on bye.

Also, Cam Newton or Matt Ryan?

[quote name='4thHorseman']Need some help. This is my first FF league I've done, and it shows. I'm 0-4. I just received a trade request:

I have:

Santana Moss
Peyton Hillis
Matt Hasselback

Should I trade for:

James Starks
Jeremy Maclin
Tim Hightower
[/QUOTE]

Thats a horrible trade man, i wouldnt do it. Moss is consistent, Hillis is the backbone of the Browns offense and will bounce back and Hasselback is decent. Starks is in a time share and thats not going to change unless Ryan Grant gets hurt. Maclin is a good receiver and is the best part about the offer and is a slight upgrade to Moss. Hightower is in a 3 way time share as well, some weeks he might get you 15 points and others he will get you 2. Just not worth it.

Damn. In my 2QB league someone just pulled off a trade and he now has Brady AND Brees. I'm in trouble. The trade was him giving up Vick and Ryan Matthews and getting Brady and DeSean Jackson in return. Crazy.

[quote name='Javery']Damn. In my 2QB league someone just pulled off a trade and he now has Brady AND Brees. I'm in trouble. The trade was him giving up Vick and Ryan Matthews and getting Brady and DeSean Jackson in return. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

Somebody either really needs a RB or they just love Michael Vick.

Should I start Michael Turner (vs GB) or BenJarvus Green-Ellis (vs NYJ) this week?

I feel like Turner will not get as many touches due to GB's high powered offense, thus ATL will end up throwing the ball more to keep up. And I think NE will run the ball more against the Jets...

And do any of you think Mike Wallace is worth starting with Ben Roethlisberger recovering and facing a good pass defense in Ten?

I could start him, Eric Decker (vs SD), or Stevie Johnson (vs PHI). Probably won't start Johnson because of PHI pass defense.

I'd go with Johnson, just because once Fred Jackson starts running Fitz will mix it up and the Defense shouldn't be able to keep up. I wouldn't rock decker snce McGahee is running great in Denver.

[quote name='antlp89']Should I start Michael Turner (vs GB) or BenJarvus Green-Ellis (vs NYJ) this week?

I feel like Turner will not get as many touches due to GB's high powered offense, thus ATL will end up throwing the ball more to keep up. And I think NE will run the ball more against the Jets...

And do any of you think Mike Wallace is worth starting with Ben Roethlisberger recovering and facing a good pass defense in Ten?

I could start him, Eric Decker (vs SD), or Stevie Johnson (vs PHI). Probably won't start Johnson because of PHI pass defense.[/QUOTE]I'd lean toward Turner and Wallace; they're your studs. Another way to look at Turner's matchup is maybe Atlanta will try to run the ball more than usual to control the clock and keep Rodgers off the field.

Don't over-estimate Philly's pass D. They surrendered 291 yards and 2 TDs to Alex Smith...... Alex freakin' Smith last week, and they've allowed 10 TD passes over the past 3 games. They're struggling.

Speaking of Green Bay, which DST would you guys go with this week: Green Bay (at ATL) or San Fransisco (vs. TAM)?

We use fairly standard scoring (I think) as far as DST's go; 1 for a sack, 2 for turnovers, 6 for any TD, including punt or kick returns, then a scale depending on yards/points allowed.

[quote name='Danimal']I'd lean toward Turner and Wallace; they're your studs. [/quote]

I agree. Wallace is a stud receiver - gotta start him. Even in a total shit game last week he had 7.7 points.

[quote name='Danimal']Speaking of Green Bay, which DST would you guys go with this week: Green Bay (at ATL) or San Fransisco (vs. TAM)?

We use fairly standard scoring (I think) as far as DST's go; 1 for a sack, 2 for turnovers, 6 for any TD, including punt or kick returns, then a scale depending on yards/points allowed.[/QUOTE]

Tough call. I think Atlanta sucks actually so the GB DEF might be the way to go. They are also more likely to get a big play (TD) than the SF defense however, SF is built for a lot of 19-16 games and Tampa's offense isn't that explosive. I'd go GB but just barely.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about with Wallace, didn't know if Ben was seriously injured though. Also, Ten is ranked 30 in giving up points to WR. But I agree I'll start him because like you said he is a stud and always produces even with limited touches.

Hmm, guess I won't start Decker this week. That is true about PHI defense it's probably not as good as they have been hyped now that I think about it.

For DST I would go with GB over SF, simply because I think the GB offense will be putting up a lot of points on ATL (ATL defense is not great at all), thus ATL will need to counter and may take risks in the process. Which could lead into turnovers (especially interceptions).

[quote name='antlp89']Should I start Michael Turner (vs GB) or BenJarvus Green-Ellis (vs NYJ) this week?

I could start him, Eric Decker (vs SD), or Stevie Johnson (vs PHI). Probably won't start Johnson because of PHI pass defense.[/QUOTE]

Turner. I like the Law-Firm, but you can't start him against the Jets. If any NE back will blow up against the Jets, it'll be Ridley.

Wallace is a solid start so far, and must continue until Pitt goes back to the run. However, if you're feeling froggy, I like Decker this week.

So I'm looking for ways to upgrade my TE situation, which has been horrible all year. I waited too long to draft one and ended up stuck with Marcedes Lewis. I had Zach Miller (SEA) as my backup, dropped him after Week 2 for Jeff King, who had a good first two weeks but has had one catch for 2 yards since then. Now I've dropped King and added Benjamin Watson. It's ugly.

I'm thinking about proposing a trade to an owner who is thin at RB this week. I'd give him Willis McGahee for Owen Daniels. He's starting Tony Gonzales over Daniels this week, and at RB he's got McCoy, Starks, SJax, and Tate. Trading McGahee would leave me with only 3 RBs (Rice, Bradshaw, F. Jackson) but I'm hating the black hole I have at TE each week. Does this trade make sense? Should I try to expand it to McGahee and Watson for Daniels and Starks or SJax so I don't have 3 TE's and 3 RB's on my roster? I don't want to push my luck and scare him off, but if I could get a little insurance at RB, I'd prefer that. What do you guys think?

[quote name='Danimal']So I'm looking for ways to upgrade my TE situation, which has been horrible all year. I waited too long to draft one and ended up stuck with Marcedes Lewis. I had Zach Miller (SEA) as my backup, dropped him after Week 2 for Jeff King, who had a good first two weeks but has had one catch for 2 yards since then. Now I've dropped King and added Benjamin Watson. It's ugly.

I'm thinking about proposing a trade to an owner who is thin at RB this week. I'd give him Willis McGahee for Owen Daniels. He's starting Tony Gonzales over Daniels this week, and at RB he's got McCoy, Starks, SJax, and Tate. Trading McGahee would leave me with only 3 RBs (Rice, Bradshaw, F. Jackson) but I'm hating the black hole I have at TE each week. Does this trade make sense? Should I try to expand it to McGahee and Watson for Daniels and Starks or SJax so I don't have 3 TE's and 3 RB's on my roster? I don't want to push my luck and scare him off, but if I could get a little insurance at RB, I'd prefer that. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I like the trade offer (McGahee for Daniels). I think it'll be easier to pick up a RB that you can get some production out of via the WW than a TE.

Oh well, I offered him the trade and he rejected it. I'm going to be kicking myself all season, because if I had been paying attention in the week leading up to the 3rd game of the year, I could have had Jimmy Graham. While I was putting in for the TE scraps on the waiver wire, I failed to notice that a buddy of mine had Graham and Gronkowski, and a huge need for WRs. Late in the week, another guy in my division offered him Boldin for Graham and he jumped at it. I probably could have gotten him for either Santana Moss or Percy Harvin earlier in the week if I'd noticed. :wall:

I've got Graham AND Finley and I've made a tone of trade offers to upgrade my QB2 situation and no one wants to bite so Graham has just been on my bench. So annoying.

I have one WR and one WR/TE slot available. I currently have M. Floyd and D. Clark in my lineup. I like their matchups but they have yet produce this season. So who should I start?

My bench:

V. Cruz vs Seattle
J. Ford @ Houston
P. Parker @ 49ers
J. Jones vs Oakland

So, any Pittsburgh people here? What is the status on Mendenhall? I picked up Redman in my league. I need 2RB this week. I have the following:
- Beanie Wells (I will play this week after sitting last week and getting burned....damn 4:00 Quest status).
- Dexter McCluster
- Isaac Redman
- Stevan Ridley

I'm torn between the last two. Woodhead appears to be out, but NE is always a wildcard int he running game.

[quote name='emg28']I have one WR and one WR/TE slot available. I currently have M. Floyd and D. Clark in my lineup. I like their matchups but they have yet produce this season. So who should I start?

My bench:

V. Cruz vs Seattle
J. Ford @ Houston
P. Parker @ 49ers
J. Jones vs Oakland[/QUOTE]

I would go Julio Jones and V.Cruz. J. Ford has been a joke this year. Not sure about PArker...

[quote name='doubledown']So, any Pittsburgh people here? What is the status on Mendenhall? I picked up Redman in my league. I need 2RB this week. I have the following:
- Beanie Wells (I will play this week after sitting last week and getting burned....damn 4:00 Quest status).
- Dexter McCluster
- Isaac Redman
- Stevan Ridley

I'm torn between the last two. Woodhead appears to be out, but NE is always a wildcard int he running game.[/QUOTE]

Check Mendenhall's status before game time, but I think Redman's gonna get the majority if not all of the workload (since Pitt's 3rd down back is out as well). That's all it's gonna boil down to, since both are going against stingy run D's.

Well for my flex do I use McCluster, Denarius Moore (oak), or Lance Moore? Im leaning toward McCluster since KC is playing the Colts. Oakland is going against Houston.

[quote name='kube00']Well for my flex do I use McCluster, Denarius Moore (oak), or Lance Moore? Im leaning toward McCluster since KC is playing the Colts. Oakland is going against Houston.[/QUOTE]I like Denarius Moore this week. I'd start him at the flex.

[quote name='Swift900']Which defense do you prefer? Titans against a banged up Steelers offense, or Chargers against the feeble Broncos?[/QUOTE]It's a toss-up, but I lean towards San Diego. Full disclosure: I'm a Steelers fan. I'd like to think I play with my head over my heart in fantasy, but figured it was worth mentioning.

You guys don't think Kansas City Def (@IND) is a better choice this week then Lions Def (CHI)?

I really like my match-ups this week up and down my line-up, except for Lions D. Maybe I'm just over-thinking everything.

Any of you guys starting Mendenhall today? My entire bench is on a bye so I'd have to add/drop to substitute for Mendenhall. Here's my team:

QB Stafford
QB Kolb
WR Wallace
WR Welker
RB McFadden
RB C. Johnson
RB Mendenhall
TE Finley
K Crosby
DEF NYG

Bench:
WR Austin (bye)
RB Bush (bye)
WR S. Moss (bye)
TE Graham
QB McCoy (bye)
K Gostkowski
DEF Green Bay

EDIT: Just saw NFL.com is reporting Mendenhall will likely miss the game so I picked up Isaac Redman (the other PIT RB) to start today. I dropped Reggie Bush to make room for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who should be my WR this week?
Nate washington, Eric Decker, or Sidney Rice? this is a PPR League

bread's done
Back