Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

Are you fucking kidding me! E. Graham out for the rest of the game with an ankle injury? Of course!!!!!!

Now watch, SJAX will run wild over the Cowboys later this afternoon.

EDIT: Looks like Ryan Mathews and Marshawn Lynch are also out for anyone that may have started them...

Well it looks like the Tebow over Schaub gamble is not going to pay off. I can't imagine how painful it probably is watching the Den/Mia game right now

[quote name='Dendaman']Well it looks like the Tebow over Schaub gamble is not going to pay off. I can't imagine how painful it probably is watching the Den/Mia game right now[/QUOTE]

Probably as painful as Clev vs Sea. :cold:

Well finally Beck did something!

Damn, Tenn has 0 points.

[quote name='dendaman']well it looks like the tebow over schaub gamble is not going to pay off. I can't imagine how painful it probably is watching the den/mia game right now[/quote]

>_>

I actually felt pretty good about my chances coming into this weekend. My opponent was missing Andre Johnson and DeSean Jackson, the Jets was his only DST option, facing the Chargers, and he was so limited at WR that he had to start Plaxico Burress. Then San Diego put 21 points up on the Jets fairly quickly, and Earnest Graham went down for the game (his RBs today are Graham and Wells), and I was LOVING my chances.

But then I lost Santana Moss and Benjamin Watson for the day (thanks for the combined 2.5 points, guys!), VJax got shut down even worse than I feared, and Burress scored 3 TDs. Are you frigging kidding me?! Three? I also had to start Matt Hasselbeck today. After the 1:00 games, I have a whopping 15 points total. Down 51-15, he has 4 guys left to play, I have 3. It doesn't get much uglier than this. :puke:

I finally get my big break in FF with a RB in Earnest Graham...and he blows a tire 5 mins into the game.

Oh, and a TD pass to J. Kuhn instead of James Starks?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?

I can't win!!!

[quote name='Number83']I finally get my big break in FF with a RB in Earnest Graham...and he blows a tire 5 mins into the game.

I can't win!!![/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I'm down 78-30 thanks to Graham going limp and A.Foster just raping it today.

The only thing that would save me now would be for Big Ben to go go to town on AZ like, well Big Ben goes to town on young women in the back of a nightclub... "allegedly"..

[quote name='Chitown021']I feel your pain. I'm down 78-30 thanks to Graham going limp and A.Foster just raping it today.

The only thing that would save me now would be for Big Ben to go go to town on AZ like, well Big Ben goes to town on young women in the back of a nightclub... "allegedly"..[/QUOTE]

You mean just like that? ;)
___

Way to go Packers D...keep giving my points away! :bomb:

[quote name='gbpackers94']Why does Steve Smith always get tackled at the 1!?[/QUOTE]

Because Cam Newton is my quarterback...I can't have TD passes.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']So very glad I picked up DeMarco Murray and started him today. He just put up 15 points on his first touch.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck that dude went nuts! 250+ & a TD!:hot::hot::hot::hot:

I've seen like three different yardage totals for Big Ben. My fantasy site has it at 370, ESPN says 361, and NBC just showed 340. I wonder why everyone has such different totals listed?

EDIT: Well basically because of Crosby & Big Ben my team has rallied to almost tie (down 100-97). At least now I have a chance but I need MJD to outscore R. Wayne and Jimmy Graham.

Terrible, terrible week. Thanks to Hasselbeck, Torain, Washington, Breaston, and others, I have an amazing total of 39 points so far. 16 of that was my Houston defense.

Bah.

Managed to get a respectable 85 points and was up 25 before the Saints game with a kicker left. Sadly, the other guy had Brees and Colston who just destroyed my lead in the first quarter alone.

At least Antonio Brown had a nice game. Daniel Thomas was a letdown, Nate Washington was a joke with 1 point. Stafford and Pettigrew sucked it up. And sat DHB for Little who ended up doing worse than DHB.

should have started Sanchez, Painter is doing nothing.....

But Foster delivers....Walter/Graham did nothing so its back to the bench for them. Vincent Jackson didn't play well either

Still I'm up 100 pts and he has Flacco, Bal's D, Ray Rice, and Bal's Kicker to play tomorrow. Will I still win?

In the other league Im down by 20 Bal's D, and MJD left to play tomorrow

Well I was clinging to a slim hope that I'd still have a chance come tomorrow night's game but I think Jimmy Graham just put the final nail in the coffin. Thanks a lot Saints for continuing to PASS in the red zone when you're already romping! I'll need MJD to come up with around 25 tomorrow night.

[quote name='kube00']should have started Sanchez, Painter is doing nothing.....

But Foster delivers....Walter/Graham did nothing so its back to the bench for them. Vincent Jackson didn't play well either

Still I'm up 100 pts and he has Flacco, Bal's D, Ray Rice, and Bal's Kicker to play tomorrow. Will I still win?

In the other league Im down by 20 Bal's D, and MJD left to play tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I think you'll still win unless Balt absolutely destroys Jax. I would bet those combined don't score over 75 points.

Also... fuck you Saints.

I dropped Delone Carter for DeMarco Murray... kinda bummed someone else will get Carter, but I can't complain too much with TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THREE YARDS AND A TOUCHDOWN. Hot damn

Tebow stinks for 57 and a half minutes, then proceeds to score 2 TD's. Sproles has a great game last night.

In the end, it's because of Graham and Greg Olsen I'm only up 9, and the guy Im playing has Ray Rice.

I thinks I am in trouble.

[quote name='Number83']Tebow stinks for 57 and a half minutes, then proceeds to score 2 TD's. Sproles has a great game last night.

In the end, it's because of Graham and Greg Olsen I'm only up 9, and the guy Im playing has Ray Rice.

I thinks I am in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Not so fast my friend... The Jags are shutting down Rice. Unfortunately for me MJD is doing his best Rashaan Salaam impressing and can't HANG ONTO THE fuckING BALL!!!

I didn't expect him to score the 25 pts I need but I also didn't think he'd cough it up 3 times in the first half, one of which he lost on the goal line.

How likely do you guys think it is that Jahvid Best will return this season and be productive? Thinking about trying to make a risky trade and give away Cutler (He's my backup QB behind Big Ben) in exchange for Best and maybe some other smaller name player.

[quote name='darthbudge']How likely do you guys think it is that Jahvid Best will return this season and be productive? Thinking about trying to make a risky trade and give away Cutler (He's my backup QB behind Big Ben) in exchange for Best and maybe some other smaller name player.[/QUOTE]

Best will be back this season. It's been almost 2 weeks, they would have put him on IR by now if they thought he wouldn't. Being productive is another story. He will probably have less carries, but still have the ability to pull a 70 yard run out of nowhere, so I'd say only slightly more risky than before. I own Jahvid Best right now and I've tried to trade him pretty much all season, but nobody wants him in my league.

[quote name='Javery']FUUUUUUCKKKKKK. If Stafford is a no-go I'll have to start Kolb AND McCoy! High comedy right there.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?!?!

Shaun Hill throwing to Megatron? This might not end well for me.

EDIT: Nevermind...I didnt see the "IF".

You guys are crazy. Three seasons ago I won my first league championship starting Shaun Hill through the playoffs (when he was on SF).

Last year for the Lions he played in 11 games, had 2700 yards and 16tds (8 to Megatron). He's a very serviceable fantasy QB and I'd probably start him over Kolb with the shit season going on in Arizona and probably even McCoy going up against SF this week.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']You guys are crazy. Three seasons ago I won my first league championship starting Shaun Hill through the playoffs (when he was on SF).

Last year for the Lions he played in 11 games, had 2700 yards and 16tds (8 to Megatron). He's a very serviceable fantasy QB and I'd probably start him over Kolb with the shit season going on in Arizona and probably even McCoy going up against SF this week.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, at least he's not JT O'Sullivan.:cold:

Stat correction of -6 rushing yards for Tebow handed me a loss. By .08 points.

I have the most points in my league, and I'm 4-3. All three losses came when I had the second highest point total in the league.

Every year, I tell everybody to not bother me with head to head leagues. This is finally the year I'm done with it.

I have a few decision to make this week:
RB, do I play SJAX or Bradshaw?

WR, have to play three. D.Jackson and Dez Bryant are automatics but for my third
spot do I start Sidney Rice or take a chance with Demaryius Thomas? Thomas seems to be a stud in the making and gets plenty of targets but he's got a horrible passer in Tebow throwing to him.

Defense: Should I start Detroit vs. Denver or CIN vs. Seattle?

[quote name='Chitown021']I have a few decision to make this week:
RB, do I play SJAX or Bradshaw?

WR, have to play three. D.Jackson and Dez Bryant are automatics but for my third
spot do I start Sidney Rice or take a chance with Demaryius Thomas? Thomas seems to be a stud in the making and gets plenty of targets but he's got a horrible passer in Tebow throwing to him.

Defense: Should I start Detroit vs. Denver or CIN vs. Seattle?[/QUOTE]

These are tough. I said Graham over Bradshaw once and Bradshaw blew up. I want to take SJax over Bradshaw, but... you get the picture.

I hate to go here, but Rice over Thomas. Right now, Tebow can't throw and the only one to get decent passes, on that team, is Fells. Until Tebow shows he can throw, I can't start any Bronco.

I like Cincy's D right now. Consistent and showing signs that they could blow up any game. Good D to play. However, Detroit is playing the Broncos, and just look at what I said about Tebow. If you want safe, play Cincy. If you want high reward/mod risk, play Detroit.

Wish I could start Bradshaw, Foster, and Jackson, I'm leaning toward Jackson and Foster. How about WR's Gaffney or Jenkins on Minn? NO D over the Giants?

[quote name='Kilraven']These are tough. I said Graham over Bradshaw once and Bradshaw blew up. I want to take SJax over Bradshaw, but... you get the picture.

I hate to go here, but Rice over Thomas. Right now, Tebow can't throw and the only one to get decent passes, on that team, is Fells. Until Tebow shows he can throw, I can't start any Bronco.

I like Cincy's D right now. Consistent and showing signs that they could blow up any game. Good D to play. However, Detroit is playing the Broncos, and just look at what I said about Tebow. If you want safe, play Cincy. If you want high reward/mod risk, play Detroit.[/QUOTE]

I know. It's another week of tough decision. Thank goodness I went against your advice at the last second a couple weeks ago. I put Bradshaw in and won by a single point ;). Although I will say I screwed myself last week when I decided to play Graham over SJAX. I've been leaning towards playing Bradshaw and the Cincy D. I agree with you. With Tebow's inconsistent play it could be a huge day for the Detroit D but the more conservative play would be to stick with Cincy since they are solid. They haven't really blown up for a huge scoring day but they will usually kick in a consistent 7-10 pts.

WR wise it's tough. If Tebow could pass I would start Thomas because from what I read he had the most targets last week and might have had a huge game but he had a few drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Wish I could start Bradshaw, Foster, and Jackson, I'm leaning toward Jackson and Foster. How about WR's Gaffney or Jenkins on Minn? NO D over the Giants?[/QUOTE]

You're in the same boat as I am trying to decide whether to start Jackson or Bradshaw. At this point I'm leaning towards Bradshaw expecially with Sam Bradford out in St. Louis.

As far as your WR's go I think Gaffney is the safer play while Jenkins has the higher risk/reward. If it were me I'd probably go Gaffney unless the rest of my roster was pretty solid and I could count on making up the points lost for risking Jenkins if he fails to produce.

Alright, I have a few question marks on my team. First is... and I can't believe this is actually a question... but Rivers, Hasselbeck, or McCoy? Right now I have Hasselbeck slated to start, but right now it's a toss up. All three guys had down games last week, but looking forward, I have no clue what to expect. Rivers has been very inconsistant. Hasselbeck historically isn't as good as he's been playing this year. And Colt has been playing pretty good, albeit at a slightly lesser level, but did almost nothing last week.

And at WR, Maclin and Mike Wallace are locks, but then I have Branch, Harvin, and Breaston going for third. I'm leaning towards Breaston, but Deion has been having good games every now and then. Harvin seems hurt, so I'm not going to look towards him.

[quote name='Chitown021']You're in the same boat as I am trying to decide whether to start Jackson or Bradshaw. At this point I'm leaning towards Bradshaw expecially with Sam Bradford out in St. Louis.

As far as your WR's go I think Gaffney is the safer play while Jenkins has the higher risk/reward. If it were me I'd probably go Gaffney unless the rest of my roster was pretty solid and I could count on making up the points lost for risking Jenkins if he fails to produce.[/QUOTE]

The question is will the other QB throw it or will they depend on their running game? Its a tough call

[quote name='Chronis']Alright, I have a few question marks on my team. First is... and I can't believe this is actually a question... but Rivers, Hasselbeck, or McCoy? Right now I have Hasselbeck slated to start, but right now it's a toss up. All three guys had down games last week, but looking forward, I have no clue what to expect. Rivers has been very inconsistant. Hasselbeck historically isn't as good as he's been playing this year. And Colt has been playing pretty good, albeit at a slightly lesser level, but did almost nothing last week.

And at WR, Maclin and Mike Wallace are locks, but then I have Branch, Harvin, and Breaston going for third. I'm leaning towards Breaston, but Deion has been having good games every now and then. Harvin seems hurt, so I'm not going to look towards him.[/QUOTE]

QB: Toss-up between Hasselbeck and Rivers. I'd base your decision on how healthy you believe Gates is. If you think >80%, start Rivers.

WR: I'd lean towards Breaston, but I figure him and Branch will put up comparable numbers (fantasy RNG notwithstanding) so go with the guy you think has the higher ceiling.

[quote name='kube00']Wish I could start Bradshaw, Foster, and Jackson, I'm leaning toward Jackson and Foster. How about WR's Gaffney or Jenkins on Minn? NO D over the Giants?[/QUOTE]

RB: Foster/Bradshaw. While Jacobs is back, Bradshaw should have his typical solid game.

WR: Gaffney. I'd give Jenkins another week before thinking about starting him.

DEF: NO. You can't get a better matchup than St. Louis.

[quote name='Chronis']Alright, I have a few question marks on my team. First is... and I can't believe this is actually a question... but Rivers, Hasselbeck, or McCoy? Right now I have Hasselbeck slated to start, but right now it's a toss up. All three guys had down games last week, but looking forward, I have no clue what to expect. Rivers has been very inconsistant. Hasselbeck historically isn't as good as he's been playing this year. And Colt has been playing pretty good, albeit at a slightly lesser level, but did almost nothing last week.

And at WR, Maclin and Mike Wallace are locks, but then I have Branch, Harvin, and Breaston going for third. I'm leaning towards Breaston, but Deion has been having good games every now and then. Harvin seems hurt, so I'm not going to look towards him.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely going to still start Rivers, and Branch and Breaston is a toss-up, but I'd lean towards Branch because the offense is more potent and is against a mediocre pass D.

Who would you guys start at QB this week- Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. WAS) or Matt Hasselbeck (vs. IND)?

I like Hasselbeck's matchup better, but after I started him last week to cover Fitzpatrick's bye and he gave me a whopping 4 points, I'm hesitant to go with him again.

[quote name='Danimal']Who would you guys start at QB this week- Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. WAS) or Matt Hasselbeck (vs. IND)?

I like Hasselbeck's matchup better, but after I started him last week to cover Fitzpatrick's bye and he gave me a whopping 4 points, I'm hesitant to go with him again.[/QUOTE]

Man, everyone has some very tough calls this week. I think if it were me I'd probably play the matchup and go with Matt Hasselbeck. He's been pretty solid in most of his games save last week when they got steamrolled by the Texans.

bread's done
Back