Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

I need to pick a flex. Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, or Beanie Wells (injured but starting).

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Here's one, my head hurts from going back n forth. Who should it be????
Fred Jackson vs Washington or
LeSean McCoy vs Dallas?[/QUOTE]

you can only start one? what other RB are you starting? no flex position?

:wall::wall::wall::wall:Holy crap did I screw the pooch today! left Detroit D and SJAX on my bench. I started Bengals D and A. Bradshaw in their place...:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I need the Sunday night game to be a shootout with Vick, Jackson, and Bryant doing all of the scoring to have a chance to win.

EDIT: Well hold the phone, the Bengals D scored a couple TD's in the second half! That helps somewhat to make up for my SJAX and WR blunder (rolled the dice starting Demaryous Thomas over Sidney Rice, CRAPS!). I need D. Jackson, Vick, and D. Bryant to combine for at least 37 tonight. That's certainly possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might actually have a chance this week against the top team in the league. He has Austin left and I have Rivers. Down 6. Don't need to outright win as if we tie, I get the win that way as well thanks to my bench outscoring his.

For the first time this season, I actually have a close match coming into the last two games of the week. Up by six with my Rivers/Novak to go against his Matthews/Bailey. It also brought something else to my attention: my RB2 has scored a total of 7.5 points over the last five weeks. While I knew relying on Shanahan was risky going into the draft, I was expecting it to work out a little better than it has thus far.

For anyone that guessed wrong on the NO/St. Louis game (including myself), you couldn't really have predicted that outcome. Who could have known that the Rams would get a massive early lead and keep it there, allowing SJax to run all he wanted, especially against the Saints?

[quote name='JStryke']I might actually have a chance this week against the top team in the league. He has Austin left and I have Rivers. Down 6. Don't need to outright win as if we tie, I get the win that way as well thanks to my bench outscoring his.[/QUOTE] Ugh, I loathe that rule. There is no good reason to ever use bench points as a tiebreaker.

Tiebreakers in general are pretty stupid. They only time we use a tiebreaker is during the playoffs & that is simply higher seed advances.

Ran into a buzz saw in AP and Detroit defense...such is life in fantasy football.

So is it time to push the panic button on Chris Johnson? I'm actually thinking of buying low on him, he's been such a huge disappointment that I can't really see it getting worse for him.

[quote name='Dendaman']Ran into a buzz saw in AP and Detroit defense...such is life in fantasy football.

So is it time to push the panic button on Chris Johnson? I'm actually thinking of buying low on him, he's been such a huge disappointment that I can't really see it getting worse for him.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those who owns both AP and Detroit D. :)

For Chris Johnson's owners, they are practically stuck. They can't drop him, not based on two years ago. They can't trade him either, because there is no way they will get a good deal for him.

Only needed 4 players to beat my opponent this week, ended up hitting almost 150 points. Thanks AP and McCoy. Too bad Welker was disappointing this week or I could've tacked on more. :D

As for CJ, I wouldn't bother with him unless you can get him really really cheap. He just looks pitiful and struggled against one of the best match ups.

Worthless Cowboys! I needed 37 pts going into the Sunday night game out of three players combined Vick, Jackson, & Bryant. I ended up scoring 34... Vick did his share but almost none of his passes went to D. Jackson and thanks to the blatant pass interference from Asomugha. If he doesn't grab Dez in the endzone then he makes the catch.

Holy fuck...my money league has teams 3rd to 8th place all sitting at 4-4, with 65 points separating 3rd and 8th. Top 4 teams go to playoffs, gonna be a wild finish.

OK, advice needed:
Larry Fitzgerald vs St Louis or
Vincent Jackson vs Green Bay?

I'm leaning towards Larry as Vincent hasn't put up points the last 3 weeks. Any opinions?

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']OK, advice needed:
Larry Fitzgerald vs St Louis or
Vincent Jackson vs Green Bay?

I'm leaning towards Larry as Vincent hasn't put up points the last 3 weeks. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say, they're both struggling. Arizona and Green Bay are the 28th and 29th worst pass defenses, so there's not really an advantage there. For this one I just say go with your gut.

[quote name='Dendaman']Holy fuck...my money league has teams 3rd to 8th place all sitting at 4-4, with 65 points separating 3rd and 8th. Top 4 teams go to playoffs, gonna be a wild finish.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how my main league is every year. Usually a 1 or 2 guys one top and 1 or 2 guys on bottom, then the middle is just log jammed. Right now we have 1 team at 7-1 (me!), 4 teams at 5-3, 2 teams at 4-4, 1 team at 3-5, 1 team at 2-6and 1 team at 0-8 (decimated by injuries this year).

Potential trade coming my way my crabree and foster for his Calvin Johnson and Ingram. Or my Jackson and Crabtree for Johnson/Ingram

The only consistent WR I have is Jennings, I also have Lloyd. My other RBs are Jackson and Bradshaw.

Thoughts?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Kolb has a really bad case of turf toe, so he may not even play against the Rams. I'd go with Jackson.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I didn't know that.

[quote name='Number83']Flex question: Who would you start?

Ben Tate v. Cleveland
Jabar Gaffney v. San Francisco
Kevin Faulk v. NY Giants[/QUOTE]

I'd gamble on Gaffney having a decent game. While not a lock, the current ineptness of Washington's running game and the fact that they'll most likely be playing from behind gives Gaffney a good amount of opportunities to make something happen. If you want to really gamble, play Faulk.

[quote name='kube00']Potential trade coming my way my crabree and foster for his Calvin Johnson and Ingram. Or my Jackson and Crabtree for Johnson/Ingram

The only consistent WR I have is Jennings, I also have Lloyd. My other RBs are Jackson and Bradshaw.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I don't really like either of those trades. Who else do you have at WR and RB? Giving up Foster for anybody is hard, even CJ. I'd only consider the first trade if it was Foster for CJ/Ingram, or a lesser WR/Foster for CJ/Ingram. The second trade is much more appealing, but my main concern would be about how long it'll be before Ingram is fully healthy.

10 teams

My other WRs (2 WR slots and a T/WR flex)

Jennings, Lloyd, and Washington, Crabtree, and Gaffney.

RB's Fred Jackson, Bradshaw, and Foster

I was thinking giving up Jackson I can still use Foster and Bradshaw.

Should I start Rodgers (vs SD) or Vick (vs Chi)?

I'm 99% sure I will start Rodgers but I feel like he is doing so well that he is bound to have an off game (against an angry SD team perhaps?) and the Eagles need to win every game at this point. I'll probably go with the safe choice (Rodgers) though.

Also for my flex:

Jeremy Maclin (vs CHI)
Jackie Battle (vs MIA)
or
Green-Ellis (vs NYG)

I'm leaning towards Maclin, but NE is playing the Giants (weak run def) this week so GE might be a better alternative.

[quote name='antlp89']Should I start Rodgers (vs SD) or Vick (vs Chi)?

I'm 99% sure I will start Rodgers but I feel like he is doing so well that he is bound to have an off game (against an angry SD team perhaps?) and the Eagles need to win every game at this point. I'll probably go with the safe choice (Rodgers) though.

Also for my flex:

Jeremy Maclin (vs CHI)
Jackie Battle (vs MIA)
or
Green-Ellis (vs NYG)

I'm leaning towards Maclin, but NE is playing the Giants (weak run def) this week so GE might be a better alternative.[/QUOTE]

You should start Rodgers and trade Vick. No sense in hanging onto two top tier QB's if you can't start them

Also I would go with Maclin. He and Avant seem to be getting all of the catches (which is killing me as an owner of DeSean Jackson).

I only have one tough to choice to make this week.

Jordy Nelson (@SD) or Lance Moore (vs. TB)?

EDIT: Also does anybody know if Cedric Benson will be playing this weekend? If Darren McFadden isn't able to to play, Benson will have to stand in.

[quote name='darthbudge']I only have one tough to choice to make this week.

EDIT: Also does anybody know if Cedric Benson will be playing this weekend? If Darren McFadden isn't able to to play, Benson will have to stand in.[/QUOTE]

Benson served a 1 game suspension. He'll be back this week.

EDIT: Also does anybody know if Cedric Benson will be playing this weekend? If Darren McFadden isn't able to to play, Benson will have to stand in.[/QUOTE]

I would go with Jordy Nelson. I think he has a better chance of scoring than Lance Moore.

[quote name='kube00']10 teams

My other WRs (2 WR slots and a T/WR flex)

Jennings, Lloyd, and Washington, Crabtree, and Gaffney.

RB's Fred Jackson, Bradshaw, and Foster

I was thinking giving up Jackson I can still use Foster and Bradshaw.[/QUOTE]

Even though it's Fred Jackson instead of SJax, PPR makes me feel that this trade could work out for you. If he'll go for Washington or Gaffney (probably Washington if anything, Gaffney doesn't have much value at present) instead of Crabtree, I'd try to do that, otherwise, Fred Jackson/Crabtree should be fine. Although you'll take a definite hit to RB production, getting CJ should make up for it. The main concern to me would be health, as although Foster and Bradshaw should be fine, you'll be hurting a bit if either of them misses time. If you make the trade, I feel that you lose some value in the trade, but gain value in your starting lineup (which is all that matters in the playoffs).

Jordy Nelson (@SD) or Lance Moore (vs. TB)?[/QUOTE]

Jordy Nelson.

Question of my own: A.J. Green @ Tennessee or Victor Cruz @ New England? I feel that Cruz is the better play against the weaker defense, but it's hard to bench A.J. Green.

[quote name='Chitown021']You should start Rodgers and trade Vick. No sense in hanging onto two top tier QB's if you can't start them

Also I would go with Maclin. He and Avant seem to be getting all of the catches (which is killing me as an owner of DeSean Jackson).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm shopping Vick around but the only person who really needs him is probably the favorite to win in our league and with a solid QB I would have a even harder time beating him in the playoffs. So unless I can take one of his studs I'd rather hold onto Vick as a safety net for Rodgers.

Defense thoughts from anyone:

Would you start Oak (vs Den) over Bal (vs Steelers)?

I think I may pick up Oak this week because of the Tebow factor and the fact that the Steelers are hot at the moment.

From my standpoint, I'd probably go with Oakland considering Tebow got sacked more then enough times last week and his aim has been horrible.

I have a question of my own too. My current WR's are:

Steve Johnson/Darius Heyward-Bey/Miles Austin/Plaxico Burress

I'm starting Heyward-Bey and Plaxico this week because Austin hasn't gotten any throws his way recently and Steve Johnson just gets some decent yardage but they end up throwing to someone else for the TD usually.

Should I keep it this way and have Jackie Battle as my Flex or input Austin/Johnson as Flex position instead.

Thanks for the input!

[quote name='antlp89']Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm shopping Vick around but the only person who really needs him is probably the favorite to win in our league and with a solid QB I would have a even harder time beating him in the playoffs. So unless I can take one of his studs I'd rather hold onto Vick as a safety net for Rodgers.

Defense thoughts from anyone:

I think I may pick up Oak this week because of the Tebow factor and the fact that the Steelers are hot at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue earlier this year when I picked up Cam Newton off waivers. I kept Vick and traded Cam for DeSean Jackson because my WR corp was so pathetic. I wish I had kept Cam and traded Vick for a more consistent WR now.

I say go with OAK. Big Ben is hot right now and Baltimore might get lit up by him. Also I'm a little worried that they gave up so many points to a weak team like AZ last week.

[quote name='kube00']Thanks for the input guys. I"ll see if he'll take Jackson/Gaffney for Johnson/Ingram[/QUOTE]

Ahmad Bradshaw is currently reported as anywhere from playing this week as normal to out for the season, so if you haven't made a trade yet, you may want to reconsider.

[quote name='antlp89']

I think I may pick up Oak this week because of the Tebow factor and the fact that the Steelers are hot at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I would go with Oakland vs the fighting Tim Tebows. Bal has been sliding and Pitt has been hot. Granted, not against a tough d.

[quote name='darthbudge']
[/QUOTE]

I give the edge to Nelson, there are only three players other than Brees you start on the Saints: Graham, Colsten, and Sproles.

[quote name='G33']
Question of my own: A.J. Green @ Tennessee or Victor Cruz @ New England? I feel that Cruz is the better play against the weaker defense, but it's hard to bench A.J. Green.[/QUOTE]

AJ Green all the way! Don't over think it I see Green as a top ten WR this week. Cruz may have a great match up but AJ Green has been solid all season (except for that ugly SF game).

My dilemmas this week:

RB: Pick two - Tolbert vs GB, Greene vs Buf, or Johnson vs Cin? I'm thinking Tolbert and Greene (benching CJ gasp!)

WR: Pick three - Holmes vs Buf, Fitz vs StL, DHB vs Den, Rice vs Dal, Gaffney vs SF, or Colsten vs TB? I'm leaning towards Fitz, Colsten and Rice.

DEF: Oak vs The Fighting Tebows or KC vs Sporano's shades? Leaning slightly towards Oakland.

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']From my standpoint, I'd probably go with Oakland considering Tebow got sacked more then enough times last week and his aim has been horrible.

I have a question of my own too. My current WR's are:

Steve Johnson/Darius Heyward-Bey/Miles Austin/Plaxico Burress

I'm starting Heyward-Bey and Plaxico this week because Austin hasn't gotten any throws his way recently and Steve Johnson just gets some decent yardage but they end up throwing to someone else for the TD usually.

Should I keep it this way and have Jackie Battle as my Flex or input Austin/Johnson as Flex position instead.

Thanks for the input![/QUOTE]

That's tough man, I think Battle is the safer flex choice at this point since he is the main back while Austin could potentially get you more points but is a slight risk.

And I think Johnson is going to get shut down by Revis so that's why I'm not going to start him on my team as well.

Of course this would have to be the week Bradshaw goes out with an injury! I am fucked this week. I have SJAX but MJD is on bye and there is absolutely nothing on waivers.

[quote name='kube00']Yea looks like he might miss a game. I'll snag the guy starting in Hillis' place[/QUOTE]

Already gone. The fucks in my league are frickin' RB hoarders. I am the commish so I could just use my powers to pluck someone off a roster... ;)

LOL, no but seriously the best options left on waivers are Marion Barber, Joseph Addai, Ryan Torain and the rest of Shanahan's RB wasteland, Ricky Willaims, or maybe Kevin Faulk.

RBs are a hot commodity, there's a few in my league left.
Reggie Bush is out there. Lynch, McGahee, and a few others. All good as Waiver week fillers if they can produce

[quote name='ananag112']Palmer, Tebow, or Roethlisberger? Who should I start this week?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Palmer just got off the couch, and T-Bone looked like ass last week. Big Ben is the play by a landslide.

This would have sounded completely retarded at the beginning of the season but:
I've thrown a flyer out to my league looking for a RB thanks to Bradshaw's questionable status this week. I've got a pending trade Chris Johnson for Dez Bryant. Think I should take it or is that still too much to give up for a guy that's been a massive bust?

EDIT: I guess it might help to know who my other WR's are:

Sydney Rice
DHB
DeSean Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Demaryous Thomas

[quote name='Chitown021']Already gone. The fucks in my league are frickin' RB hoarders. I am the commish so I could just use my powers to pluck someone off a roster... ;)

LOL, no but seriously the best options left on waivers are Marion Barber, Joseph Addai, Ryan Torain and the rest of Shanahan's RB wasteland, Ricky Willaims, or maybe Kevin Faulk.[/QUOTE]

Take Wade from the Giants...he's going to replace Bradshaw if the reports are correct. Probably a split time with Jacobs though.
_

I picked up Faulk...I think he might surprise this week.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Roethlisberger vs BAL or Manning vs NE?[/QUOTE]
If it were me I'd go with Big Ben. I know Eli has the more favorable match up but NE is coming off a bad loss and I just have a gut feeling Eli is due for one of his classic meltdown games.

[quote name='Number83']Take Wade from the Giants...he's going to replace Bradshaw if the reports are correct. Probably a split time with Jacobs though.
_

I picked up Faulk...I think he might surprise this week.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye on Wade and Faulk going into the weekend as I monitor the Bradshaw situation.I also have a trade on the table right now Bryant for CJ that I'm considering...

Guy I was going to Trade sent me a message, he wants Fred Davis as well for Ingram/CJ

So he would get Davis/Fred Jackson/Crabtree for his Ingram/CJ....I think I"ll tell him no and stick to the original deal

My other TE is Vernon Davis

Maybe I can get him to take Washington/F. Jackson/Crabtree

Question, a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Cassel vs MIA
Tebow @ Oak
Freeman @ NO

Who do you pick? I'm really up in the air between all 3 of them.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Question, a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Cassel vs MIA
Tebow @ Oak
Freeman @ NO

Who do you pick? I'm really up in the air between all 3 of them.[/QUOTE]

I say Cassel. The other two have been awful for the most part and KC seems to coming on with solid WE play from Bowe and now Baldwin.

Not tebow, Id go Cassel

Well should I back out of the trade? Thoughts?

And now with Bradshaw's broken foot I think Im getting the short end of the stick

He's also got Battle and Blount and Andre Johnson. Im not really interested in Johnson since he's still hurt

[quote name='kube00']Not tebow, Id go Cassel

Well should I back out of the trade? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
If it were me I'd probably back out.

Any thoughts on my trade, Chris Johnson for Dez Bryant?

bread's done
Back