Far Cry 3 PS3 $50/ $40 PC/DVD- $10 extra off for Student Prime members

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!
Amazon has Far Cry 3 on Sale. Hope this is not a repost, if so please close.

Amazon Student prime members get $10 off extra with code:

Amazon Student Promo Details
Far Cry 3 on PS3, XBOX360, PC, and Digital Download is $10 off from 12/9-12/31 for all Amazon Student Members. Simply use the Promotion Code: FC3AMZNS at checkout. Promotion only valid on items sold and shipped by Amazon. Promotion code only valid once per customer.

PS3 $50: http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Pla...UTF8&qid=1355687293&sr=1-1&keywords=far+cry+3

PC/DVD $40: http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Pc/...UTF8&qid=1355687293&sr=1-1&keywords=far+cry+3

I know this is cheaper with TRUs promotion but if you are like me it was not in stock...

[quote name='MXRider']anyone think amazon will still price match target for the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping....I've been holding out since I missed the Christmas deal. But I'm not optimistic at this point...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']And the convenience of not having to rely on UPlay to send you your files if you decide to play it again in the future. The convenience of not having to keep a disc around. The convenience of not having to keep it installed on your PC forever.

Publishers need to realize they either need to match the convenience of Steam or they need to just work with Steam. Amazon, GMG, and others have proven that Steamworks can work well with any digital store. Publishers need to either get VERY serious or they need to stop altogether.

Because Uplay is a very annoying middle ground that is not at all appealing or useful. Somehow, Ubisoft has managed to take everything that is bad about Origin and nothing that is actually good about it, then turn that into a service.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? I have been asking around about the same thing but I was told that if I register the CD key that the DVD copy comes with on Uplay, I can then download the game and install it anytime I want via Uplay, like Steam does...

I'm sort of new to the PC gaming world, and wanted to get this to put my rig through the paces. If I buy a CD, can I just use the code to download the game from UPlay, or will I need to keep the disc in the whole time?

If that's the case then I'll probably just spend the extra $10 and do the digital download version.

[quote name='ziphifi']I'm sort of new to the PC gaming world, and wanted to get this to put my rig through the paces. If I buy a CD, can I just use the code to download the game from UPlay, or will I need to keep the disc in the whole time?

If that's the case then I'll probably just spend the extra $10 and do the digital download version.[/QUOTE]

The disc version should let you download the game from Uplay in the future. Games are tied to accounts.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']The disc version should let you download the game from Uplay in the future. Games are tied to accounts.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, do you mean that it should let me download it whenever I want, for future reference...or that it will be a feature that is available sometime in the future? :p

EDIT: Oops. Thought about buying it last night, wanted to wait until this morning. Now it's back up to full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
farcry 3 download price dropped to 37.49 comes out to 27.49 after coupon..

Good thing I waited out.. YEAHH

Got the game for $39.99, (it was $49.99, and I used the code for $10 off), for the 360. One of my friends who has the game said it was really good, so I bit on impulse. Used a portion of my $100 gift card, and still have enough left over for Aliens: Colonial Marines in February.

bread's done
Back