Far Cry help

Slipknot9762

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just installed far cry onto my computer and I try to play and when its in the middle of loading the first level its cuts off and automatically quits, and it returns to my desktop. I don't know what the problem is, but knowing me its probably something stupid that anyone can figure out but I don't know. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Well....have you updated farcry, your videocard drivers, and motherboard drivers? What is in your computer?

need more info then just the problem

Make sure you have the latest update because I know there was one update that actually broke the game.

Also, I had an older computer and I had a similar problem when I first installed it. An athlon 2100xp with a Radeon 9800 Pro.

I installed and started the game but got a black screen for several minutes. At first I thought it was the computer crashing. It just took forever to load. Sometimes ten minutes. Sometimes it would just crash.

PowerSpec® 6245
Processor

AMD Athlon™ XP processor 2800+

OS

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

System Board

Biostar M7VIZ

System Memory

512MB DDR333 SDRAM 184-pin DIMM

Hard Drive

80GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA/100

CD-RW Drive

52x32x52x CD-RW Drive

DVD-ROM Drive

16x DVD-ROM Drive - SD-616B

Video

Integrated UniChrome KM400

Sound

Integrated 6-Channel AC'97 Audio CODEC

Modem

Lectron 56K V.92 PCI Internal Modem

LAN

RTL8201BL Integrated 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Keyboard

Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse

2-Button PS/2 Scroll Mouse

Warranty

On-Site Limited Warranty

Yeah the integrated video is a no go for games. You need to buy a video card. Look at the minimum system requirments before you buy a game. I tried to look them up, but i wouldnt imagine them being any lower than a radeon 9000 series... Thats why you cant play, and off to get a card if you want to play games.

bread's done
Back